Ecological curtains: your opinion!

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...

Do you think this innovation is viable?

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
Fred Michel
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Ecological curtains: your opinion!

by Fred Michel » 02/03/10, 18:12

Hello everyone,
being in the last year of business school, we are working with my group on a project of "green curtains" which would recycle daylight using photovoltaic sensors, and retransmit it inside the room.
I would need to know your opinion on the viability of this innovation.
What do you think?
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 02/03/10, 19:43

Even in good conditions photovoltaics is not viable (must be subsidized) so on badly oriented curtains ... Do not forget that with energy saving bulbs or better LEDs, the consumption for lighting becomes almost negligible.

Finally it's fun for the playful side it can work but not for the ecological side.

Otherwise I had always thought of making double-sided curtains much like louvers with a matte black side and a glossy / white side / survival blanket. Like that when it's cold, we put the outside black side warmed by the sun and the other side that keeps the heat. And summer the opposite bright face outside that returns the sun.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/03/10, 19:53

Uh the curtains it closes at night right?

You would rather not talk about SOLAR BLINDS?

I do not understand this idea well:

would recycle daylight using photovoltaic sensors, and retransmit it inside the room.

As much as leave them open no?
: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Edit: here is a topic on the interest of curtains (doubled if possible) with measures and debate: https://www.econologie.com/forums/ameliorer- ... t8696.html
Last edited by Christophe the 17 / 09 / 10, 11: 24, 1 edited once.
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 02/03/10, 19:59

It gives me another idea: why not replace all windows with solid walls with giant screens inside that would display images taken by cameras outside ??? : Cheesy:
1 / It would limit the losses due to windows (always less insulating than a well insulated opaque wall)
2 / The screens would heat the house (so much it consumes this dirt) : Evil: : no need for heating!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/03/10, 20:00

Hey, you do not think so!

There are military projects in this direction, to make the plane "invisible" in the eyes of its pilot ... or rather transparent ... finally translucent ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 03/03/10, 00:14

It's a good idea, plus we could do the house underground to reduce heat loss, have a constant temperature. As a roof, the land whose entire surface will be free, for a kitchen garden for example, and the house will no longer disfigure the landscape and will not be an ostentatious sign of wealth.
In addition, no roof that flies in case of storm or tornado.
Just tweak the entry system to avoid flooding it will be tip top.
Finally, we can also choose images from webcams spread around the world and wake up in the morning in Tahiti, overlooking the beach and the sound of the waves ...
All that is missing is an odor synthesizer to have the complete illusion.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 03/03/10, 09:11

this is the case of troglodyte houses, along the Loire Valley

and in addition it has the advantage of being used as a grave in the event of an earthquake ..........
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

curtains with survival blanket

by zorglub » 03/03/10, 09:28

I did the test by putting as a curtain a survival blanket (glossy outside / inside yellow side) placed between metal shutters and the window (without double glazing)

results
outside temperature - 11 °
internal temperature against the window without double glazing or insulating film 5 °
internal temperature against the window with insulating film 9 °
internal temperature against window with double glazing = 13 °

if this data may be of interest to some .......
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/03/10, 10:15

former oceanic wrote:All that is missing is an odor synthesizer to have the complete illusion.

Matrix? : Cheesy:

zorglub wrote:if this data may be of interest to some .......

Interesting but with what type of thermometer did you measure the T °?

Here is a special topic improved insulation with curtains, shutters or blinds quite complete with similar measurements ...
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 03/03/10, 10:52

nonoLeRobot wrote:Even in good condition the photovoltaic is not viable (must be subsidized) then on badly oriented curtains ...

I think the situation is changing:

1KWc solar panels will produce in the north of France 2h per day at full capacity in annual average, ie 2x365 = 730h / year.

On 20 years, this represents 14600KWh, which is an EDF purchase expense of 1460 € at the rate of 0,1 € / KWh.

These assumptions are pessimistic:
- production of 20ans whereas the panels last rather 25ans (production of 18250KWh) or 30 years (production of 21900KWh) on the basis of 730h / year,
- annual production taken at 730h for the north, while reaching 1000h in Auvergne, 1200h in the Landes, and 1350h on the Cote d'Azur.
http://www.bdpv.fr/carte_installation.php
- price of electricity taken at 0,1 € while it is rather 0,12 €, an expense of 1752 € or 1,7 € / Wc, and the price will increase.

In these pessimistic hypotheses, it suffices that the panels come back to minus 1,46 € / Wcrete to be profitable. in the pessimistic hypotheses.

In Auvergne with a lifetime of 25ans and 0,12 € / year, the production of 25000KWh would correspond to an EDF purchase of 3000 € to 0,12 € / KWh and a profitability price of 3 € / Wcrête.

But the purchase of the panels is today about 1,2 € / Wc, to which must be added installation and inverter: with an installation by oneself, one arrives at the profitability in the southern half of France.

I think that the predictions of lower prices of panels for 2011 will achieve profitability throughout France.

Not to mention the solar thermal collectors for heating, which are profitable everywhere now ...
0 x
See you soon !

Go back to "Innovations, inventions, patents and ideas for sustainable development"