You want to call? Ben pedal !!!

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

You want to call? Ben pedal !!!

by Targol » 18/01/07, 10:31

Motorola president Ed Zander split from a small presentation at CES 2007 in Las Vegas to unveil an extraordinary new product entirely linked to the world of mobility. The product in question is nothing other than a bicycle specially designed to accommodate a mobile phone on the handlebars. But the originality of this somewhat special bike comes from the fact that it has a new type of dynamo which allows you to recharge your mobile phone when you pedal!

Mainly intended for developing countries (we can especially think of the 500 millions of Chinese who own a bicycle), this product should be officialized soon. A data which has its importance remains however unknown ... how long would it be necessary to pedal to recharge your entire phone?

source: clubic.com
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 18/01/07, 10:50

Not so stupid, in fact: my brother works in Benin (formerly Dahomey) they only have power from 7 to 8 hours a day.
This stuff is excellent "wireless" logic.
You rewire your batteries with your bicycle and you operate GSM relays with solar cells and you connect them to each other by radio links
(That said, for pedestrians, we could imagine an elegant hat with photovoltaics above : Cheesy: )
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/05/07, 11:28

Is access to mobile telephony really the priority of the populations of SIDs? : Shock:
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 04/08/08, 13:21

Unfortunately, knowing peasants from the north of Ivory Coast, I can say that they are all rushing on laptops, including in poorly served and poorly electrified rural areas. So if there is a way to make them a little independent of stupid expenses, like recharging the laptop, that's already it.

I know, the first stupid expense is to buy this stupid device, but you have to succeed in explaining to young teens there that their lifestyle in the dust is not so bad : Shock:
I leave it to you ... :|
Last edited by minguinhirigue the 04 / 08 / 08, 15: 44, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 04/08/08, 14:25

Do what I say, not what I do :?
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 04/08/08, 14:41

Seen on the news lately:
In Kenya, the Maasai warriors, dressed like old-fashioned dab, with the spear of course, all have a laptop.
It seems to be a blessing for trade. This facilitates exchanges.
When 2 valiant Maasai warriors meet, and agree on the price of a beast, one types a code towards "The bank", in order to pay.
The other calls the bank to wait for confirmation of the payment. Then everyone is happy.
It seems that a new banking system has been created.
---
To limit the harmfulness of the waves on these harsh warriors, it would be wise to use the lance as an antenna for the laptop ... The quality would be maximum!
: Mrgreen:
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 04/08/08, 23:09

We must not forget that the laptop is very practical.

To call the doctor, the supply union.

To avoid unnecessary trips to breeders when they want to go to a market etc ...
Imagine the miles traveled by a small farmer to sell his cows and he comes back empty-handed.

in addition there are no wires and that's the best ..

bye
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 05/08/08, 07:54

In Kenya, the Maasai warriors, dressed like old-fashioned dab, with the spear of course, all have a laptop.
It seems to be a blessing for trade. This facilitates exchanges.
When 2 valiant Maasai warriors meet, and agree on the price of a beast, one types a code towards "The bank", in order to pay.
The other calls the bank to wait for confirmation of the payment. Then everyone is happy.
It seems that a new banking system has been created.

I also saw; and I said to myself: great except that it's a new means of control.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
bouidifouad
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by bouidifouad » 22/12/11, 10:49

By the way a remark that I made while reading this subject is that the causes of pollution in the world always come from the so-called developed countries, you did say that the 500 millions of Chinese use the bicycle then by the way is that real development and not the possession of hundreds of nuclear power plants that poison life on earth isn't it?
0 x
cycling brings us closer to nature
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/12/11, 12:00

Do not take the cell phone as a "consumer toy". It is also a wonderful way to limit the number of trips.

Even in a society let's say ... rustic ... where one travels on foot or by bicycle, time can be precious. (when you pedal, you do not work, however, there more than elsewhere the creation of wealth is based on the time that one can devote to it)

So if you can avoid spending 3 hours going to the bank or asking your cousin where he is, that's all for the good!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be

Go back to "Innovations, inventions, patents and ideas for sustainable development"