New Nessox Lithium-O2 liquid REDOX type battery, 500wh / Kg + full in 5 minutes?

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

New Nessox Lithium-O2 liquid REDOX type battery, 500wh / Kg + full in 5 minutes?

by jean.caissepas » 14/01/20, 14:22

To see here, but not yet industrialized ... :(

http://www.avem.fr/actualite-nessox-la- ... -7837.html
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
Christophe

Re: New Nessox Lithium-O2 liquid battery type REDOX, 500wh / Kg + full in 5 minutes?

by Christophe » 14/01/20, 14:41

Good news is the 1st lithium air battery on the market ... and it's the only good news I see! Cold...

Bad news: it needs liquid oxygen to function ... which kills it in the bud since there is no mass distribution network for liquid O2! How dare to say in this case that it removes the usual disadvantages of electric cars?

The energy density, 500 Wh / kg, is not spectacular (the li-air theory evokes 10 Wh / kg) ... and does it take into account the O000 reservoir?

So I imagine that you need a mast tank to store all this O2 ... see a cryogenic tank? Hello complexity!

The costs announced are very low! Do they also take into account the storage of O2?

What is the consumption of O2? How much does 1 kg of liquid O2 cost?

Full of questions that must be answered before getting carried away ...

Cheaper, lighter, high energy capacity, reduced carbon footprint, recharged in a few minutes without weighing on the electrical network: the Nessox lithium and liquid oxygen battery developed by the Italian startup Bettery would accumulate the advantages to the point of eliminating a good part of the usual disadvantages of electric cars.

lithium air

To be classified in the category of lithium-air batteries, the Nessox accumulator, whose development is supported by the European Union, should help boost electric mobility, from bikes to cars and heavy vehicles. The lightness of its components (O2) would make it possible to obtain lighter packs for an energy capacity doubled compared to current lithium-ion solutions, thanks to a density of 500 Wh / kg. Concretely, an electric car of the Renault Zoé or Peugeot e-208 type could have a range of 700-800 kilometers while losing several tens of pounds on the scale. This last point is important to reduce consumption but also emissions of abrasion particles.

Less CO2 and more economical

With a price which should be around 135 euros per kilowatthour, the price of a pack for an electric car would drop by around 30%. Thus a 50 kWh battery would be billed for less than 7.000 euros. This is made possible by the elimination of expensive treatments for the electrodes and the absence of certain heavy metals. It also reduces the carbon footprint by 20% for these semi-solid batteries with liquid oxygen circulation.

Recharged in minutes

If the Nessox batteries can be recharged in a conventional manner, Bettery prefers to highlight the exchange of the cathode liquid which should be done in barely more time than to fill up with fuel. The regeneration of these elements could then be carried out via renewable sources, at the times when they are available (wind, solar). And this, ideally, so as not to impact the electrical network.

In a few years

Proven in the laboratory (Laboratory of electrochemistry of energetic materials of the chemistry department of the University of Bologna), Nessox accumulators could be produced in a few years according to Bettery. They "combine in one system the lightness of lithium-air batteries and the flexibility and modularity of redox flux batteries", comments the Italian startup. The anode is based on lithium metal, while the cathode consists of a fluid rich in oxygen.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: New Nessox Lithium-O2 liquid battery type REDOX, 500wh / Kg + full in 5 minutes?

by izentrop » 14/01/20, 15:40

Christophe wrote:Good news is the 1st lithium air battery on the market ...
Uh !!! By 2030 maybe
https://www.rtflash.fr/nouvelle-batteri ... es/article
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/01/20, 16:38

Ah great ... time to install an overpriced liquid o2 network ?? : Mrgreen:
0 x
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 14/01/20, 19:38

Christophe wrote:Ah great ... time to install an overpriced liquid o2 network ?? : Mrgreen:

You can also recharge this battery in a normal way without changing the liquid, but it is slower ...
0 x
Past habits must change,

because the future must not die.
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 14/01/20, 19:52

Ah great ... time to install an overpriced liquid o2 network ?? : Mrgreen:

You can also recharge this battery in a normal way without changing the liquid, but it is slower ...

According to the patent (WO2017021840A1), it is a mixture of TEGDME and LiTFSI.
TEGDME = tetraethylene glycol dimethyl ether
LiTFSI = bis (trifluoromethane) sulfonimide lithium salt
The liquid is enriched with a solution rich in O2.

It is a flow battery, so we empty the liquid and replace it at the pump. It is liquid at room temperature and it should not freeze because there is tetraethylene glycol (= antifreeze).
For me, it's more of a fuel cell than a battery.
0 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 14/01/20, 21:22

A fuel cell ??? !!!
0 x