A 1000 recharge times faster!

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

A 1000 recharge times faster!

by jean.caissepas » 18/04/13, 17:19

New research results very promising, but which could be difficult to industrialize ...

http://www.pcworld.fr/high-tech/actualites,futures-batteries-rechargeront-mille-fois-plus-rapidement-grace-structure-3d-university-of-illinois,537923,1.htm

The cathodes and anodes could be made with a special 3D printer, using carbon or metal instead of plastic ...

To be continued.
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: 1000 recharge faster!

by moinsdewatt » 21/04/13, 12:32

jean.caissepas wrote:
The cathodes and anodes could be made with a special 3D printer, using carbon or metal instead of plastic ....

you are the ones who invent.
This is not the content of the article.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/04/13, 20:08

it's as always with these shattering ads ...

Do not get too excited ...

Nanoscale computer-drawn legos, anyone can do it and proclaim fantastic perspectives.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 21/04/13, 21:41

Remundo wrote: ...
Nanoscale computer-drawn legos, anyone can do it and .....

It 's funny, I saw the same thing. Image
0 x
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: 1000 recharge faster!

by jean.caissepas » 22/04/13, 01:00

moinsdewatt wrote:
jean.caissepas wrote:
The cathodes and anodes could be made with a special 3D printer, using carbon or metal instead of plastic ....

you are the ones who invent.
This is not the content of the article.

Exact, but I have already read about forums that some companies had 3D printers capable of printing metal, with the metal powder melted by a powerful laser (this doesn't have to be very economical).
I think it's still a niche market for very special and rare parts, but the market could grow with new applications.
I also read that some researchers are trying to print bones based on calcium powder, because this material would avoid the risk of rejection (sorry for links, but I did not note).

My comment was not misinformation, but just a possibility that lets us hope for a world with (a lot) less oil ...

My research for an electric car that can be used all year round, even in winter with temperatures <-10 ° C for my journeys between home and work, made me hesitate on current models which cannot guarantee me in the long term. term more than 120 km of autonomy on the highway (it is really too fair for many models at affordable prices).
That's why I find myself dreaming about the new announcements of batteries with a "dream" autonomy allowing you to drive with peace of mind, even in winter, with more than 200 km on the clock ...

A+
0 x
Past habits must change,

because the future must not die.