A revolutionary "auto-snow"!

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

A revolutionary "auto-snow"!

by Lietseu » 15/12/10, 18:06

I received a link that leaves you dreaming, you will understand when you open it that someone missed the plate somewhere, a few years ago :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVzj3_MUBjE

Unbelievable, right?

Why didn't this thing happen, energy problem?

We must recognize that with the current materials we could do something crazy with that, right?
Transmission by toothed belt, suspension, long travel, cylinder in composite materials (inflatable?), There is what to dream and build there ....

Meow... :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Flytox

by Flytox » 15/12/10, 18:57

Hello Lietseu

Your snow tractor is funny and seems particularly handy. 8) : Cheesy:
It just lacks the performance compared to "classic" tracks to really realize if it is a valid solution forgotten.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 15/12/10, 19:42

0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 15/12/10, 21:36

on a good layer of snow this system will work no worse than real caterpillars ... but if not enough snow it will be a disaster! even more way to move forward without using everything in 100m

so good old caterpillars have a future

it's not very new, I had seen that on a children's book .. supposedly something in russia ... I'm 51years old so the children's book was a long time ago ...

and even with a lot of snow the real track seems to me both more efficient and easier to build
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 16/12/10, 01:43

The Bombardier used in ski centers are much more efficient and especially on a steep slope!
0 x

Alain
vinzman
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vinzman » 16/12/10, 05:26

It's impossible for that to compete, for example, with a simple original mach z 1000 snowmobile, which can only reach 180 km / h ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 16/12/10, 07:17

What matters is the surface area of ​​the traction system and the weight of the vehicle, the larger it is and the light vehicle, the more the load will be distributed and the less the machine will sink, whatever the system.
Afterwards, each mode of traction has its advantages and disadvantages, but apart from that, it seems to me that it is secondary.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 16/12/10, 08:31

In my opinion the cylinders must suffer from significant wear, even on snow and ice, this must be the reason for abandoning the concept.

Otherwise it's still impressive, especially for the time.
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 17/12/10, 14:13

chatelot16 wrote:on a good layer of snow this system will work no worse ....
it's not very new, I had seen that on a children's book .. supposedly something in russia ... I'm 51years old so the children's book was a long time ago ...

and even with a lot of snow the real track seems to me both more efficient and easier to build

Hi chatelot, wouldn't you look at the date? and the fat grass demo ...

1924 is not yesterday, the main question is but damn why we did not dig further and why not bring it up to date?
How reliable are the tracks?
How long can it last and what does it cost?

Meow :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 17/12/10, 15:14

Lietseu wrote:
chatelot16 wrote:on a good layer of snow this system will work no worse ....

Hi chatelot, wouldn't you look at the date? and the fat grass demo ...

1924 is not yesterday, the main question is but damn why we did not dig further and why not bring it up to date?
How reliable are the tracks?
How long can it last and what does it cost?

Meow :P

Snowmobile tracks can hold up to 40 km and require much less effort and energy than these "drums"!

In slope this system does not work, on the video that I posted above he mentions that it does not work in light and thick snow!
0 x

Alain