GMOs are they hazardous to health? The study accuses

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Mesh
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

GMOs are they hazardous to health? The study accuses

by Mesh » 04/02/07, 12:54

0 x
About the sixth extinction of life on Earth?
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 04/02/07, 15:04

It is simply scandalous, if this info is axacte!
However, and in all cases, the precautionary principle for the health of consumers must be applied. The primacy in this case is not the economy generated, but health!

Anyway, we find a little bit the same state of mind in various cases ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/02/07, 18:52

I haven't looked yet but I doubt it is worse than this:
https://www.econologie.com/ogm-en-argent ... -2957.html

Simply closer to home ... so necessarily when it is the poor who die we do not care more ... am I wrong?
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 04/02/07, 22:23

0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 04/02/07, 23:00

: Shock: I watched the first video, it is actually cold in the back. : Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/07, 00:49

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/07, 00:52

Christophe wrote:I haven't looked yet but I doubt it is worse than this:
https://www.econologie.com/ogm-en-argent ... -2957.html

Simply closer to home ... so necessarily when it is the poor who die we do not care more ... am I wrong?

I confirm I find the video of the GMOs in Argentina much worse... because based on real facts (I mean outside the labs ...), the exploitation of poverty and shows an example of premeditated environmental and economic disaster that GMOs allow ...

For the other video, I don't find it to be "that bad" ... except of course if you still doubt the existence of collusion between political power and big business?
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 05/02/07, 11:53

These two reports do not really relate to the same subject:

- the first presents the potential direct impact of GMOs on the health of people who consume them. The impact of GMOs on health is not 100% known. However, the studies done seek to minimize the destructive effects that this could have on our living system, so that certain multinationals can put their pockets in it.

- the second rather presents the indirect impact of massive GMO farming. These resistant GMOs allow the massive use of insecticides and herbicides for greater profitability. Hence the economic and toxic effects that this represents on us. I just note in passing that this is what we experienced in France, a few decades ago ...

That said in passing, I have heard from some people from the agricultural community, that among other things, a MOSANTO corn, called I believe Exterminator, which would be cultivated in the Southwest, would have the distinction of containing no seeds ! That is to say that the harvested corn could only be used for consumption and no longer to be replanted ... It could confirm MOSANTO's desire to recover the royalties on certain parts of the Argentinian crops, sown from a part of the previous cultures of the Argentines ... And, like that, the cash would necessarily return at constant flow to the multinational, the only seed deliverer !!

Can someone confirm ?!
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 05/02/07, 13:24

well in fact this is the very principle of GMOs, therefore of all:
as soon as they donate, they are not reproducible, you have to buy them!
which ruins poor countries in the name of the fight against world hunger (ah if a new pretext is that it fights against genetic diseases, give to the genithon who will give to monsanto).

then sheep come to eat the remains of GMO cotton crops and they die ... and the simple precautionary principle is still not applied.

I have already been distributing this video for 2 years, it dates but shows well how we are taken for guinea pigs, ditto for nuclear ...

you will always find it here:
http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/jardin/LesOGMsontilsdangereux.flv

in fact José Bové is the only one to propose a moratorium on GMOs and nuclear energy?

French roosters, it's time! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 05/02/07, 15:21

ThierrySan wrote:That said in passing, I have heard from some people from the agricultural community, that among other things, a MOSANTO corn, called I believe Exterminator, which would be cultivated in the Southwest, would have the distinction of containing no seeds ! That is to say that the harvested corn could only be used for consumption and no longer to be replanted ... (...)
Can someone confirm ?!

I confirm that Monsanto has patented and incorporated in the majority of its GMOs (soybeans, cotton, corn, rice) a gene called "Terminator gene" (and not "Exterminator" :D ) and that the sole purpose of this gene is to make the plant that will grow sterile.
This plant will give seeds (fortunately in the case of cereals where it is the seed that is consumed) but in these seeds, the germination "program" has been deactivated by the "Terminator" gene.

Although this is not the first time that the varieties sold by seed are sterile 1ère after generation, until now, this sterility was more a side effect of hybridization (*) that will seed. With the Terminator, one passes to 2 level: make a normally sterile rich variety to paste in their pockets even more.

(*) in nature, "natural" hybrids such as mullet, tiger, etc. are also sterile.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding