No smoking in public places

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 20/11/06, 13:41

bham wrote:[...] I know some ecologists who do not understand that we can not smoke at home, I know teachers who smoke uncomplicatedly at school. There is a real education to do.
Oue, you surprise me ... :|
(I do also anti-cigarette lobbying at work, that doesn't help my popularity : Mrgreen: )
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 20/11/06, 15:54

bham wrote:phasing out tax revenues related to tobacco, reducing the income of tobacconists and some farmer producers, or continuing to consume huge sums in the treatment of tobacco-related diseases. They ended up choosing.

hi bham

You forget just one thing it is the social insured costs all extremely expensive end of life (in all countries).

That smoking greatly reduces life expectancy.

That smokers contribute much more than nonsmokers.

They pay more he receives less; it is therefore all our dear nonsmokers who will have to close the hole when all the ayatholas of the prohibited whole will have suppressed the smokers.

Go spend a few days in Hong Kong and tell me if you want your country to become the same.

smokers respect the non-smoker.

no smokers stop gorging us with your drunkenness laws : Evil:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 20/11/06, 17:47

Say zac, you would not be a little ... smoker by chance!
zac wrote:
You forget just one thing it is the social insured costs all extremely expensive end of life (in all countries).

So I would be wrong in my equation, better continue to maintain high mortality. But do you find normal that the life of passive smokers is also cut short by the unhindered behavior of smokers? I've been a waiter, I know what I'm talking about when you enter an opaque space of smoke and that you have the impression of suffocating.
zac wrote: That smokers contribute much more than nonsmokers.

Oh, and how? by paying their pack of cigarettes at a prohibitive price?
zac wrote: smokers respect the non-smoker ...

How many smokers understand this message ????
zac wrote: no smokers stop gorging us with your drunkenness laws : Evil: @+

What other way to make oneself respected? Do you find it normal to go to a cafeteria, smell smells of tobacco and come out with clothes that stink of cold tobacco. And what about our kids who accompany us?
And finally, a little thought. What is the point of wrapping some dried plant material in paper, setting it on fire and breathing in the smoke, if not making smokers dependent on nicotine and making it easier to smoke? own integration into society. I do not teach you that there is a lot of shit in the fags. So I think that smoking is a habit as drunk as the law. It takes away your freedom to choose, it makes you depend on lobbies that you reject elsewhere, in your way of life, according to the way I perceive you. So unless you grow your tobacco in Mafate or elsewhere or bring it from Mada, you are dependent on industrialists. Is it better than a liberticidal law?
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 20/11/06, 18:25

:) Eh Bham you're going to be surprised, I totally agree with you :D

zac wrote:You forget just one thing it is the social insured costs all extremely expensive end of life (in all countries).

I do not know if you're kidding or not (I hope but I do not believe it) but otherwise know that it's really an argument bad time but especially bad taste.

So let's go cheerfully, long live asbestos, long live the air pollution, long live the particles, cancer with the mobile phone, long live the radioactivity .... : Shock:

Finally all the stuff that would cost us dear to eliminate or that allow us to save money and that would increase the life of people.

If I can understand that it peeves out to go to smoke, it should not say anything. :|
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 20/11/06, 20:43

zac wrote:[...] when all the Ayatholas at all forbidden will have suppressed the smokers.

Go spend a few days in Hong Kong and tell me if you want your country to become the same.

@+
: Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

It's funny: here we have a typical smoking speech ... : roll:

Respect should rather come from the person who is at the root of an embarrassing action, if I am not mistaken?

A draconian law? Whatever ! : roll:
No one prevents you from smoking ... other than under my nose, I do not want to breathe your shit poop stick!
0 x
Other

by Other » 21/11/06, 03:38

Hello

zac wrote:
bham wrote:phasing out tax revenues related to tobacco, reducing the income of tobacconists and some farmer producers, or continuing to consume huge sums in the treatment of tobacco-related diseases. They ended up choosing.

hi bham

They pay more he receives less; it is therefore all our dear nonsmokers who will have to close the hole when all the ayatholas of the prohibited whole will have suppressed the smokers.

@+

There is some truth in that, first I never smoked, but those who smoke do not bother me, I just find that (a Mr. X) who smoked a pipe, rinsed with wiski strong and he to work in a steel mill up to 65 years, he died at 95 years, (his little girl) who did not smoke ate organic, no cell or microwave, (apparently it gives cancer) Sports ect .. is died of cancer at 44ans.
I think it makes us feel guilty with the cigarette, it allows them to poison us otherwise without our knowledge, yet it smoked a lot at the beginning of the century and despite the decrease in smoking, cancer mortality will be 1 on 2 in a near future. (there must be something other than the cigarette)
It is not by laws that we regulate the problem, the government is the first responsible it is he who controls the cigarette market in the shops, and he gives it to young soldiers. If the cigarette is a drug that makes it illegal, it is funny the tobacco (pot) Indian, him it is illegal is it only because it does not perceive tax? or is it really more nefast for health?
When I see in a steel mill, a welder who works in dust and welding fume, get disciplined because the law forbids them to fummer at work. , in an office in a canteen I still understand, but the guy who pours molten steel, make him a chiare because he smokes, the it exceeds me .. In a foundry, I can quote (foundry Laperle division from BYBBY of the American exploiters) he fired a smoking employee, a flowing factory of cast iron (manhole holes!)

There is still some truth in ZAC's assertion that longevity of life bothers business people and the social system. ideal for them, should not be educated too long maximun 20ans, work, report them, pay taxes and when one becomes less efficient productive month is 60ans, one should die, Big companies are like breeders chickens, everything is accounted for.
Lastly MITTAL does not hire young employees, it hires employees who have 50ans, why .. this way they are certain that these employees will never be able to retire before 65 years and will not be eligible for early retirement (In Canada it is necessary to do 30 consecutive years in the same factory to be entitled to a pre-retirement and not all industries). the average mortality is 72,5 years for men in the region where I am, these figures are exact calculate, I compile all the deaths on 44000 inhabitants, politicians have beautiful tell us that the life expectancy is over 80 years , that's good for the image (O Canada), but the current statistics of deaths mean something! Make the compilation for a month in your city and you will be surprised of the averages ..
One of the big problems of society is that a society works well if we are in a pyramid, many young people who work and the old ones on the tip, but if we overthrow the pyramid, it does not work anymore. Many think that it is the money that has contributed who pays their retirement .. yes a part, it is those who are currently working who bear the social burdens. Medically, a citizen is counted according to its duration of life, an artificial hip, an operation of heart, all the operations that require a replacement to 10 years are evaluated according to the person, they make a sort like the big ones wounded in time of war, it does with more civism ...

Andre
Last edited by Other the 21 / 11 / 06, 21: 12, 1 edited once.
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 21/11/06, 06:28

Well we had similar discussions on mortality etc.

I compiled some statistics links:
Wiki-ot-home demograpjie
it will avoid that everyone draws conclusions on the particular case of his grandmother, or his uncle as it suits him.

In my family (my parents' generation) nobody smokes except my uncle, and he's the only one who has had a heart attack 5 years ago nah :P .

Well I'm kidding but it is true that to draw rules on news, let's go to Sarkozy.

But I agree that it is true that your steelworker was probably not lousy person, it should perhaps be a little flexible with the law ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 21/11/06, 10:16

Some feel stressed by the smoke of others, others do not.
Cancer seems to be a disease of stress: stress by chemicals or radiation, but also psychophysiological stress due to unconscious suffering (stress repressed often at the beginning of our existence).
The ideal would be to minimize the causes of stress both in the fetus and the infant than in the child and the adult.
No smoking in public places avoids stressing non-smokers but may stress smokers.
Smokers to find ways to use drugs discreetly, without harming others, with chewing tobacco, patches or nicotine sweets. They will have less tar in the lungs.
Last edited by Cuicui the 21 / 11 / 06, 10: 21, 1 edited once.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 21/11/06, 10:20

nonoLeRobot wrote::) Eh Bham you're going to be surprised, I totally agree with you :D

Well what! finally, fortunately we can not always agree or disagree, that's how things evolve, through discussion.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 21/11/06, 11:15

Cuicui wrote:Some people feel stressed by others' smoke, others do not. [...]
Me the smoke m'emmerde: it stinks! :x And people who have just smoked a cigarette have a coal stove breath ... :frown: Not really pleasant when you discuss a file around a table after "THE" break (every hour for the most drugged ... :| )

I do not know if it's stress, but it's real ...
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "