Barrier gestures respected ... or not

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
LOGIC12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Barrier gestures respected ... or not

by LOGIC12 » 16/01/21, 07:15

hello, Yesterday I went to the bank. The hydro gel was in front of the door, I passed it through my hands conscientiously. I ran it all over the hands, including the fingernails, until the gel was completely dry.

Two people probably the mother and the daughter come in .... they dispense with the gel and go to withdraw money from the ATM.

Another lady comes in, she takes gel from the palm of her hand, just rubs the palms of the hands, without going to the backs of the hands and even less to the fingers and nails. And she waves her hands to get rid of the gel that was left ...

They all had the mask, because 135 euros if one is taken.

and I wouldn't talk about the under-nose masks that you see from time to time in stores.

If you don't like the mask, the gel, we stay at home, but we do not have the right to facilitate the transmission of the virus.

Some say the usefulness of the mask has not been proven, but the usefulness of the mask has not been proven either. So, since it's been a year since this filth has been rotting our existence, if we do not do the maximum to block, we will never end.

And the vaccines, they would seem effective against the English variant of the virus, but not for the South African variant.

So we'll never end it, gone as it is.

Maybe TV spots to show how to wash and disinfect your hands properly would not be superfluous.
1 x
MadameOurs
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: barrier gestures.

by MadameOurs » 16/01/21, 08:08

Better than an advertising spot, the TVs should be destroyed. So that some finally discover the outside world.

A commercial like the ones for road safety will reach those like you who are already concerned by the situation. The others, probably haven't had any sick people around them, or have been sick not seriously, or just feel safe because it has been going on for a year and finally they are still there.
The benefit-annoyance ratio of barrier gestures is not at all favorable, nor individually perceptible immediately.

Capitalism does not favor empathic actions and a collective and global vision, the effect of past fear leaves room for me first. And most of me are drunk with barrier gestures.

Indeed between the masks under the nose and the random and optional gels of the others, apart from protecting oneself not much to expect from the others.
0 x
Today there is dessert.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/01/21, 08:25

@logic12
(...) And the vaccines, they would seem effective against the English variant of the virus, but not for the South African variant.
So we'll never end it, gone as it is.
Maybe TV spots to show how to wash and disinfect your hands properly would not be superfluous.
still a sweet dreamer! Even well put; all those who wear glasses are well aware of the mist on them, that is to say that the exhaled air passes on the sides of a mask and a little through it. Except to wear a REALLY waterproof mask, importable at all times. For hand washing, only a surgeon-style wash which washes up to the elbow and bare arms can avoid virus residues on the contact points, whether prolonged or not!
All these gestures, symbolic, are useful for reassuring people and can effectively reduce contamination, but in no way prevent it. It is only faith that saves, they say!
The stress due to the media's hammering to sell, innocently, miraculous vaccines, family isolation, fear of loss of income and employment, fear of a not-so-rosy future, do much more damage than 'a big grippette. Each year, there are 157.000 deaths from cancer (no vaccines) and 100.000 of the couple tobacco, alcohol and drugs of all kinds (including meds with which we stuff the "old" and no vaccines either) and no one. makes a lot of noise as for this flu among others.
You designate yourself as Logic, so make it work, out of the influence of the current turmoil!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 16/01/21, 09:49

Janic wrote:The stress due to the media's hammering to sell, innocently, miraculous vaccines, family isolation, fear of loss of income and employment, fear of a not-so-rosy future, do much more damage than 'a big grippette. Each year, there are 157.000 deaths from cancer (no vaccines) and 100.000 of the couple tobacco, alcohol and drugs of all kinds (including meds with which we stuff the "old" and no vaccines either) and no one. makes a lot of noise as for this flu among others.

a flu that has already killed almost 70 people, and it's not over yet.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/01/21, 10:13

a flu that has already killed almost 70 people, and it's not over, anyway
the so-called Spanish flu killed between 20 and 100 million people (depending on the source) and it was indeed a flu. There we are far, very far! And this flu stopped on its own, without vaccines, masks, or barrier gestures: barrier gestures and especially distancing being probably the most effective aspects because, once again and each time observed, they are the hygienic measures which are the most effective and without these measures there, the vaccines flop as usual.
The only point on vaccines, which currently has no answer, is the mRNA, which is unknown in the long term and particularly on the unexplored area that are the possible effects on cancers; it's just a game of Russian roulette; Everyone is free to press the trigger or not.
So listen to Raoult (if your religion does not forbid you to do it) who makes an excellent update on the subject.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 16/01/21, 10:16

Janic wrote:
a flu that has already killed almost 70 people, and it's not over, anyway
the so-called Spanish flu killed between 20 and 100 million people (depending on the source) and it was indeed a flu. There we are far, very far !.

I didn't say the opposite, but what is your conclusion? that until it hits the Spanish flu, is it okay?

mortality is estimated between 0,5 and 1%, do you know how to use a percentage enough to estimate how many deaths that would correspond if the entire world population were affected?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/01/21, 10:32

I didn't say the opposite, but what is your conclusion? that until it hits the Spanish flu, is it okay?
that's you saying it, not me! A single death; whatever the cause, it's always serious
mortality is estimated between 0,5 and 1%, do you know how to use a percentage enough to estimate how many deaths that would correspond if the entire world population were affected?
That's bogus, because worldwide lifestyles, living environments, means (other than vaccines which are only just beginning) have never given "reason to assumptions so ill-suited. The worst epidemics appear, then disappear without warning like the "Spanish flu -the seas (2012), sras (2003) we still do not know why! While it is precisely in the why that lies the answer!
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 16/01/21, 11:30

Janic wrote:
that's you saying it, not me! A single death; whatever the cause, it's always serious

you would like us to redo the same binz for each flu then? the problem is not to say if it is "serious", or "not serious", the problem is to estimate the concrete actions which it is necessary or not to undertake, and for that obviously there are gradations in the "gravity".
That's bogus, because worldwide lifestyles, living environments, means (other than vaccines which are only just beginning) have never given "reason to assumptions so ill-suited. The worst epidemics appear, then disappear without warning like the "Spanish flu -the seas (2012), sras (2003) we still do not know why! While it is precisely in the why that lies the answer!

well if it seems to me that we know why. the Spanish flu disappeared (in fact gave rise to endemic H1N1 influenza) when the majority of the population was either immune or died, and MERS and SARS disappeared because of the strict measures that were taken to curb the contagion , before they spread too much. What worked for these two but not for the covid.

So you admit that you are not able to estimate the number of deaths that covid could cause, how then can you make a judgment on its seriousness compared to alcohol or cancer since it is not finished?

Finally we are no longer talking about a scooter, that's already it.
0 x

Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The barrier gestures respected ... or not

by Janic » 16/01/21, 14:26

So you admit that you are not able to estimate the number of deaths that covid could cause, how then can you make a judgment on its seriousness compared to alcohol or cancer since it is not finished?
it's very simple, you just have to examine the statistical curves of all the epidemic diseases to realize that they are all cyclical and that no vaccine has ever changed anything. So that won't change the storyline. When the means, they have been simple since the dawn of time: lifestyle, hygiene and a vaccine is the opposite of these means.
Now as a placebo, psychological, it is obviously better than the current anxiety-inducing psychological nocebos, voluntarily provoked or not, which diminish the role of the immune system. Reassured, people are doing better and are less vulnerable to viruses, making any vaccination unnecessary, regardless of the age of the person.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The barrier gestures respected ... or not

by ABC2019 » 16/01/21, 15:36

Janic wrote:
it's very simple, you just have to examine the statistical curves of all the epidemic diseases to realize that they are all cyclical and that no vaccine has ever changed anything.

How does this relate to the question about the potential death toll from covid, did I not mention vaccines?
1 x