Psychological Covid: damage, debate, aid and support

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Christophe

Psychological Covid: damage, debate, aid and support

by Christophe » 10/11/20, 15:01

It's been a while since I wanted to talk about the Ninth wave or rather the disease of "Psychological Covid": the psychological damage covid, or the psychological damage linked to the covid crisis... That is to say even (especially?) If you have not been sick ...

We still speak little or not ... except obviously for the first concerned the medical staff (and fortunately):

covid_nurse.jpg
covid_infirmiere.jpg (81.54 KiB) Viewed 4654 times

But there are also the children, and there it is the omerta I find that rather lamentable in a society which sought before the "any comfort" the "perfect", the "0 risk" the child "king" .. . : Evil: ...Imagine the damage to a child's CONFIDENCE in society, politics and even medicine when he sees everything that is going on right now?

Where is the knowledge of the child king theory now? Well hidden it seems to me! : Mrgreen:

In short, I think that psychological covid is currently too little taken into account ... psycho covid which risks being more deadly than the covid itself ...

Belgium seems to me a bit ahead and has made this info and support page: https://www.info-coronavirus.be/fr/aide-psychosociale/

Take care of yourself and your emotions

During a crisis such as Covid-19, it is normal to feel stressed, disoriented, anxious, downcast or angry. Don't let your emotions eat away at you.

There are various organizations, initiatives and professional care providers who can help you. Below are some of the possibilities that you can use:

For everyone
For suitable psychological support near you or your workplace, citizens (individuals and professionals) can consult the website find support (AVIQ).

Stress management during Covid-19: an initiative of the Belgian Red Cross

E-learning “Covid-19 Advice”

We Support Your Mourning, an initiative of the Coronadenktank citizens' action group, intends to offer support and comfort in these difficult times. Because your grief shouldn't be quarantined.

Brochure "How to manage a death during the Covid-19 crisis" [.PDF] picture_as_pdf
For nursing staff in particular
AVIQ free number: 0800 16 061, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 17 p.m.

PsyForMed: a platform offering psychological support to nursing staff

Psychosocial and frontline workers
Psychosocial support during the COVID-19 crisis: information for psychosocial partners

Advice for frontline workers: an initiative of the Belgian Red Cross

E-learning for psychosocial workers and for team leaders

Webinar - Psychosocial Interventions for Healthcare Institution Staff During the COVID-19 Crisis

Where can I talk to someone?
Télé-Accueil: Number for people who need someone to talk to. Call 107 or contact Télé-accueil via http://www.tele-accueil.be.

Listening to children: Free telephone number for children and adolescents accessible from 10 a.m. to midnight every day. Call 103 for a chat.

Suicide prevention: Free call number 24 hours a day, every day. Call 24 0800 32 or visit the website http://www.preventionsuicide.be.

Domestic violence: Free telephone number for victims of domestic violence, 24 hours a day, every day. Call 24 0800 30 or visit the website http://www.ecouteviolenceconjugale.be.

SOS Parents: Telephone number (at the usual rate) for exhausted and / or stressed parents from 8 am to 20 pm every day during the measurement period. Call 0471/414 333.

Praxis: Praxis helps perpetrators of domestic and intra-family violence. Visit the website for more information.

SOS ENFANTS FWB: If you know a child who is the victim of physical or psychological abuse, do not hesitate to take action, for example by calling the SOS-Enfants team in your region. You will find a list of telephone numbers on the website.

For seniors: Respect Seniors helps you on the number 0800 30 330. Seniors who find it difficult to break away from family can join the virtual talk group. Free registration on the site http://www.virtuhelp.be. Session on Monday from 13 p.m. to 15 p.m.

Solentra Helpdesk for Refugees: psychosocial support (by phone or via Whatsapp) for refugees who speak Arabic, Farsi or Dari. The Helpdesk is accessible every working day: 10 a.m.-00 p.m. (Dari and Farsi) - 12 p.m.-00 p.m. (Arabic) at 15 / 00. or 17/00. More info on http://www.solentra.be

Infordrogues: For advice related to the drug problem, contact Infor-drugs on 02 227 52 52. More info on http://www.infordrogues.be

Make Front Covid-19: a helpline for relatives of sick or isolated people during the Covid-19 crisis. Volunteers trained in active listening offer vigilant support to the relatives of sick and / or isolated people in order to allow them to best experience these exceptional conditions of loneliness due to confinement. They can be reached via 0800 20 440 from Monday to Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 17 p.m. to 19 p.m. as well as on Saturday and Sunday from 17 p.m. to 21 p.m.

Thank you for not trolling this subject, we will only talk about psychology here !!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Psychological Covid: damage, debate, help and support

by Janic » 10/11/20, 15:19

Thank you for not trolling this subject, we will only talk about psychology here !!
today we can no longer speak of soma alone or of psycho alone, all pathologies are due to two linked causes.
Now it is true that individuals under permanent stress (and this is the case) see their immune system deteriorate rapidly and therefore be even more fragile in the face of an infection. How many are and will be real victims until suicide or serious depression, few embark on this essential track yet.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/11/20, 15:20

Speaking of trolls ... the psycho damage from the covid crisis also includes, but not exclusively, cold blood, insults, trolleries, fake news propaganda, denial, lack of moderation ...

Do you feel targeted *? This topic is for you : Mrgreen:

* I'm part of...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 10/11/20, 15:39

personally, the covid (meaning ... : Cheesy: ) does not stress me, but all the circus that surrounds it, the media which feast on this delicacy which swallows up all the rest of the news in the world, it actually swells me.
Look at your forum and the number of subject and intervention granted to it. Fortunately, we still have Trump and co and our dear Islamists on whom to pour our anxieties, well for some. :? : Cry:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/11/20, 16:06

Waaw I agree with you ... it's been a long time! : Mrgreen:

Yes, but when I talk about the covid crisis that obviously includes everything that goes with it ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/11/20, 16:11

.. this is true: how difficult it is to tackle covid, there are still Muslims, phew!
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/11/20, 16:21

HS and irrelevant ... pffff

First it is THEM who want to attack "us" ... at least part of it (57% ... a good part so ...)

It's crazy all the same to reverse the relationship of things like that. Is denouncing the bastards wrong? Did you take lessons from Axel Khan Ahmed?
It was not I who invented their hatred and contempt for other religions ...

It is true that in the Germany of the 30s to say that a Nazi was a dung was also frowned upon ... poor of us ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 10/11/20, 16:25

there are Muslims, phew!
we should not say Muslims, but fanatic Muslims, terrorists, Islamists, sexists, etc ... it's much more fun! : Cry: so Muslims what! we will not get lost in the details :? : Evil:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/11/20, 16:28

It's also true: they are too stupid to understand that the enemy is them ... : Mrgreen: (See Kameloot)

Yes, Janic, there would be 2 kinds of Muslims: fanatics and others who would not have understood anything about the Koran (and therefore forgetting to be!).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/11/20, 16:32

I said no TROLL so Ahmed playing stupid you take your very first warning ...
0 x