Junk food

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Junk food

by moinsdewatt » 30/05/19, 10:14

Abuse of "ultra-processed" foods increases cardiovascular risk and mortality

AFP • 30 / 05 / 2019

The abuse of "ultra-processed" industrial dishes increases the risk of cardiovascular disease and death, suggest two European studies conducted among more than 120.000 people and published Thursday.

"We should not be alarmist and say that if we consume from time to time an ultra-processed dish or a soda, we increase our risk of having a heart attack by 12%. It is regular consumption that matters", emphasizes Dr Touvier who, like her colleagues, advocates the consumption of raw foods (vegetables, fruits, fish, lentils, nuts ...)

https://www.boursorama.com/actualite-ec ... d6cbf97e3f

Personally I'm very careful, and I practice what I put in red from the end of the article. :)
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Junk food

by sen-no-sen » 30/05/19, 12:00

And that's a hell of a scoop! : Lol:
1 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 30/05/19, 12:26

sen-no-sen wrote:And that's a hell of a scoop! : Lol:

Given the quantity sold of these processed foods there are some for whom it does not make sense.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 30/05/19, 13:43

moinsdewatt wrote: advocates the consumption of raw foods (vegetables, fruits, fish, lentils, nuts...) https://www.boursorama.com/actualite-ec ... d6cbf97e3f
Personally I'm very careful, and I practice what I put in red from the end of the article.
Like most commercially prepared dishes.
If you eat your fish with chips, you get into the wrong category : Mrgreen:
They are generally higher in salt, saturated fat, sugar and low in vitamins and fiber, according to the researchers.
It is there the worries.

In the article, they force the trait by adding additives, but most do not generate health problems and then the cooking method often protects more vitamins than the individual, who does not always have the opportunity to have very fresh fruits and vegetables.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 30/05/19, 17:53

In the article, they force the trait by adding additives, but most do not generate health problems and then the cooking method often protects more vitamins than the individual, who does not always have the opportunity to have very fresh fruits and vegetables.
Cooking, even on a temperature basis, destroys not only a large part of the vitamins, but also and especially destroys the enzymatic complex which allows a good digestion (without leucocyte reaction) but also a better assimilation of the nutrients. :(
as to say that additives, but which precisely, do not generate health problems, they are exceptionally the subject of long-term health studies, so in general we do not know exactly if they generate problems health. 8)
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 30/05/19, 18:08

That's why I do not cook my potatoes, my asparagus, turnips, roast pork, fish, coffee or chocolate, or wheat or rye bread, as well as all kinds of products and ingredients that I can not remember the exact list.

Triple advantage: it's healthier, it's more economical (I sold stoves and cookers), and it definitely keeps parasites calling themselves "friends" who used to come and eat at my place. fresh.

It is better to read this kind of nonsense than to be illiterate ...
2 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 30/05/19, 20:08

That's why I do not cook my potatoes, my asparagus, turnips, roast pork, fish, coffee or chocolate, or wheat or rye bread, as well as all kinds of products and ingredients that I can not remember the exact list.

Here, sir nuk who gets involved! As in addition you must be a fierce evolutionist, explain us how and what were feeding your ancestors before the use of fire. So they did not cook " my potatoes, asparagus, turnips, pork roasts, fish, coffee or chocolate, wheat or rye for bread, and all kinds of products and ingredients I can not remember the exact list »

NB: it is better to be illiterate while waiting for your nonsense!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 01/06/19, 06:10

I knew them little, my ancestors before the domestication of fire ... They died young, before my birth ...

It's better to hear that than to be deaf ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 01/06/19, 07:19

They died young, before my birth ...
that they died before your birth, we would have suspected it. As for their age at the moment of their death, you are only repeating a mantra intended to make us believe that we live older than them thanks to the fire, it is nullissime and anti physiological.
It's better to hear that than to be deaf ...
Better to read that than to be blind! : Cheesy:
0 x