The homeopathy explained metaphorically for Dummies

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

The homeopathy explained metaphorically for Dummies

by Janic » 19/12/16, 10:47

Homeopathy for Dummies
There is more and more publicity book for dummies (not to be taken in its pejorative sense), simply because many people do not know or do not know some subjects and have a perception that strongly depends on the mediatization, favorable or unfavorable, which have been made.
Some subjects are relatively easy to grasp, others are more complex or more scientific and they have endeavored to make their concepts accessible by simple images called metaphors.
Thus, being a child, we had been explained and shown the principle of atomic energy from mouse smudges and ping pong balls placed on them. Thus another ball thrown in the middle of the others triggered a reaction in series and despite our young age and our lack of knowledge on the subject, the principle had to remain anchored in many memories.
More recently, in order to explain in the same way the deformation of the space time, is used another metaphorical image with a flexible mattress deforming under any weight and, without any scientific knowledge a large number of individuals may have understood the principle.
But I must warn you, do not take these metaphors in the first degree as unfortunately some would be tempted to do. The atom is not mousetraps and space time is not a huge foam mattress.
This developed: how can metaphorically explain Homeopathy?
To understand it, we must go back to the time when this technique did not exist yet and where the drugs were used in weight and therefore with toxic effects that have earned the literature denouncing them, but without however, to find a satisfactory solution (I neglect here the other modes of non-allopathic care, a word that did not exist yet) Hence the notion, which has developed, of DL50, namely that such product destroys life in high doses (by experimentation on laboratory animals) and it is therefore assumed that if this LETAL DOSE is reduced by two, the animal will not die, which has indeed been verified "scientifically".
This being said, let's go for the metaphor.
Illnesses are like closed doors that prevent access to better being. Several possibilities are offered to open this door. An explosive bread, a cannon shot, (the famous DL) and there is no more door, that is the expected efficiency. Less destructive, a crowbar, a sledgehammer, a blowtorch, an ax which will reduce the destructive effect (the LD50). The other solution is to call on a locksmith who will try to "force" the lock with a master key, so without danger, without destructive effect, neither for the door, nor for the lock. This is homeopathy without danger, no side effects.
It goes without saying that each mode does not go through the same criteria and compare a key to a plastic roll or even a mass, so do not be smart to realize that it can not be done. Comparatively one is for the radical solution "effective" the other for non-destructive solutions that will spare door and lock and anyway open this damn door!
There remain two questions that pose questions and are also expressed in this metaphor.
1 ° this is the case of the ineffectiveness noted of certain products H.
The locksmith mentioned has various means to achieve his ends such as using a master key for simple locks, but for this it is necessary that his tools actually allow it, it is these drugs used in self-medication which are pass everywhere but which do not necessarily open all the doors, it depends largely on the size of these keys, their shape and the skill of the locksmith (we do not invent ourselves more locksmith than Homeopath) otherwise it is the failure assured. ("you see the H that does not work!")
But there are also sophisticated locks, so-called security locks, which resist the banal hook because of their complexity and there ended the DIY§ It must actually have good model in the hands otherwise the lock will not open and the locksmith will be held in check because it does not have the "similinum" evoked in H. It is also the same for electronic locks, digital, even with 9 good numbers on 10, the lock will not open anymore.
Clearly, holistic medicine, the more signs are added and complex lock (and therefore the key with its multiple notches all around) and less the solution to find does not tolerate amateurism.
Finally remains the famous placebo. Always in terms of metaphors, the opening system is irrelevant since the door (the disease) will open. How is it possible ? Simply when the door is not locked, but simply the bolt and just turn the handle so that it opens, with a few drops of oil if necessary.
Here ! I hope this metaphor will help some to better understand the role and difference between A, H and placebo.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
pedrodelavega
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Homeopathy metaphorically explained for dummies

by pedrodelavega » 19/12/16, 18:17

Illness = closed door.
Healing / better being = open door.

I take 2 lots of 100 doors; In each lot there are 30% of unlocked doors but we can not know which ones until we tried to force the door;
To open the 1er lot: 1 crowbar and to open the 2ème lot: 1 locksmith with all its tools.
Appraisal after opening attempts on 2 full batches: The crowbar opens 60 doors on 100 and the locksmith opens 30 doors on 100.

They do not have the same "criteria" (?) Nor the same working tools, however we can compare / assess their effectiveness (eg number of door open after attempt)
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 19/12/16, 18:44

yawning!!!! :(
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Earthquake
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Earthquake » 19/12/16, 22:02

Yeah, the metaphor is not very happy, and the answer is not better.

I challenge anyone to open the door of my house with a crowbar, and if a locksmith can only open 30 doors on 100, he can close shop, because his customers will not call him back.
0 x
The keyword of our survival, that's life because we do not eat pebbles, then kill them with respect and discernment!
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 20/12/16, 09:27

Hello Terremoto
Yeah, the metaphor is not very happy,
you know, as I do, that every metaphor is imperfect and is no happier than space-time distorting like a foam mattress. But if it helps ... !!!!
I challenge anyone to open the door of my house with a crowbar,
not me, a flick would be enough to open them, my homeopathic probably! : Cheesy:
and as I can not resist it:
I take 2 lots of 100 doors; In each lot there is 30% of door unlocked but we can not know which ones until we have tried to force the door;
if they are unlockedNo need for a locksmith, just turn the handle. Clearly if you are not sick no need for a doctor.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 19/07/17, 09:43

If it could you (or you) think? : Wink:
An elderly homeopath prescribed sugar to her patients for years, before totally questioning herself.
Homeopathy has a lobby which, unlike the pharmaceutical industry, has managed to remain almost invisible, "Grams explains." In Germany for example, there are pharmaceutical companies that have agreements with homeopathy manufacturers. Some even have a branch specializing in homeopathy. The opportunity is too good: the sugar balls cost nothing to manufacture, thanks to the cover and funds of the pharmaceutical industry, producers do not have to spend a dime on expensive scientific studies. "
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 19/07/17, 10:24

If it could you (or you) think? : Wink:
An elderly homeopath prescribed sugar to her patients for years, before totally questioning herself.
This old homeopath is quite right to be struck by these inadmissible behaviors, whatever the subject considered. It is the right of every individual to change their minds and defend their new positions. This is also why we note the inverse movement where A become H, it is in human nature!
however, she goes from Charybdis to Scylla
Escape a danger (or a disadvantage) only to rub to another even more serious.
by taking literally the diatribes of the adversaries of the H. which is not a scientific reference either!
Homeopathy has a lobby which, unlike the pharmaceutical industry, has managed to remain almost invisible, "Grams explains." In Germany for example, there are pharmaceutical companies that have agreements with homeopathy manufacturers. Some even have a branch specializing in homeopathy. The opportunity is too good: the sugar balls cost nothing to manufacture, thanks to the cover and funds of the pharmaceutical industry, producers do not have to spend a dime on expensive scientific studies. "
Here again it is very understandable and it is not new. It is the biggest polluters who have invented depollution, thus winning on both counts, business is business. Who is currently recovering the future monopoly on renewable energies? The nuclear lobby by its different sister industries and subcontractors. Same thing for oil companies investing in future substitutes, etc.
The more requests there are and the more offers! It is also and still play on both sides! First by producing real placebos that do not cost them anything and that can, therefore, discredit the real products H; and if it works anyway, they will recommend to be among the pioneers of change! As for the bio! Alleluia!
The industrialists are not idiots and know how to turn like a wind vane according to the winds that blow
0 x
pedrodelavega
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by pedrodelavega » 20/07/17, 20:29

izentrop wrote:If it could you (or you) think? : Wink:

Other extract:
: Arrowd:

(...) Homeopath, her career took a radical turn in 2012 when she gave an interview to two journalists. They were writing a critical work on homeopathy, which was published in the form of an indictment entitled The Lies of Homeopathy. "When I read what they had written, I went into a rage. I decided to give them a point-by-point response to defend myself."

In attempting to elaborate detailed and supported responses to critics from both authors, Natalie Grams had to interact intensively with them and confront each other. inevitably to all scientific studies that they had quoted in their work. Little by little, she has started to doubt. "Flute, what if they were right? What if I had given my children unnecessary granules all these years?"
After hard questioning, she realized that her involvement in the field of homeopathy and natural medicine had submerged for years in a corpus of principles and presuppositions that she had not questioned for a long time (...)

(...) The violence of people's reaction terrifies me. As soon as you take out a sentence, you are insulted, called Nazi. I get a flurry of insulting letters after every interview. How can we invest so much aggressiveness to defend sugar balls? "(...)

Follow my look ....
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 21/07/17, 09:51

Other extract:

(...) Homeopath, her career took a radical turn in 2012 when she gave an interview to two journalists. They were writing a critical work on homeopathy, which was published in the form of an indictment entitled The Lies of Homeopathy. "When I read what they had written, I went into a rage. I decided to give them a point-by-point response to defend myself."
In trying to develop detailed and substantiated responses to the criticisms of the two authors, Natalie Grams had to interact with them intensively and inevitably confront all the scientific studies they had cited in their book. Little by little, she began to doubt. "Flute, what if they were right? What if I had given my children unnecessary granules all these years?"
After hard questioning, she realized that her involvement in the field of homeopathy and natural medicine had immersed her for years in a body of principles and presuppositions that she had not questioned for a long time . (...)

She has therefore followed a particular path in se questioning and it is extremely rare (whatever the subject) Thus we saw recently these changes of way in the last elections: who was right to do it?
Likewise A do the same by turning to the H as their medicine is insufficient and dangerous as the iatrogenic + (146.000 cancerous left unchained until death)
(...) The violence of people's reaction terrifies me. [*] As soon as you release a sentence, you are insulted, called a Nazi. I get a flurry of insulting letters after every interview. How can we invest so much aggressiveness to defend sugar balls? "(...)
Personal insults are not acceptable regardless of the shared point of view. On the other hand any system is criticized because none is perfect, it is like saying that they are ONLY balls of sugar whereas their effectiveness has largely been demonstrated as in India, by their highest medical and political authorities.
Follow my look ....
In your mirror, then!

[*]When I read what they wrote, I went into a rage.

http://www.passeportsante.net/fr/Actual ... omeopathie
comparison of points of view for and against.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 21/07/17, 12:53

0 x