Homeopathy: Effective questioning the US

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
pedrodelavega
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by pedrodelavega » 05/12/16, 19:12

The Federal Trade Commission, the government body responsible for the protection of consumers in the United States, will require manufacturers to report that their homeopathic products have no proven effectiveness
https://www.quechoisir.org/actualite-ho ... is-n23339/

Homeopathy: the US are hunting misleading advertising
Homeopathy, no more effective than sugar ...
http://www.sciencesetavenir.fr/sante/et ... vee_108503

Ouch, this is not the time to take action at Boiron ....
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Homeopathy: Effective questioning the US

by dirk pitt » 05/12/16, 19:54

to all those who say that homeopathy, it only works by placebo effect, I am just remember that there are homeopathy for veterinary medicine and it works too ...
0 x
Click my signature
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 05/12/16, 20:43

dirk pitt wrote:to all those who say that homeopathy, it only works by placebo effect, I am just remember that there are homeopathy for veterinary medicine and it works too ...

Each beliefs, yours are respectable but not mine.
For me homeopathy is especially large income for laboratories, along with other drugs but this is probably aps proof of effectiveness either.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 06/12/16, 08:43

and that's go again! The subject has already been seen again and again and showing that:
a) the placebo effect is similar in allopathy and homeopathy, allopathy gold is not questioned so far: why?
b) homeopathy and allopathy medicines are in opposition to the very principle of dosing, thus not comparable in ordinances. Hence the incompetence of commissions that ignore most of the time, this distinction.
c) homeopathy, if not effectiveness, is not toxic and therefore not harmful to the living, which is not the case of allopathic whose toxicity is widely recognized by the medical profession: benefits vs drawbacks. So to inefficiency of both sides, homeopathy is, and this is not his any advantage, without danger to life.
d) allopathy is facing disease, Homeopathy is facing the patient(Holistic medicine) and so much more faithful to the Hippocratic oath: primum non nocere!
e) etc ... read the whole topic on homeopathy for not duplicate! : roll:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Did67

by Did67 » 06/12/16, 18:04

According to the magazine "Trends in Molecular Medecine", we would not be ... equal before the placebo effect!

Was discovered an amazing thing: the administration of a substance can counteract the placebo effect !!!

I summarize: taking naloxone, which acts by inhibiting the opioid receptors in the brain, interrupting the pain in a subject receiving a placebo ...! The placebo administration acts on the brain in the receptors involved in pain. Its action (placebo) is equivalent to the administration of at 6 8 mg morphine! [Cited in Science and Future, May 2016, read my dentist today!]

This may explain the fact that some believe in it, and some do not ?????
0 x
pedrodelavega
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by pedrodelavega » 06/12/16, 19:10

Janic wrote:and that's go again! The subject has already been seen again and again and showing that:
a) the placebo effect is similar in allopathy and homeopathy, allopathy gold is not questioned so far: why?
Because beyond mere placebo effect, non-homeopathic medicines have an effect specific measured prerequisite to their marketing.
0 x
pedrodelavega
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by pedrodelavega » 06/12/16, 19:21

Did67 wrote:According to the magazine "Trends in Molecular Medecine", we would not be ... equal before the placebo effect!

Was discovered an amazing thing: the administration of a substance can counteract the placebo effect !!!

I summarize: taking naloxone, which acts by inhibiting the opioid receptors in the brain, interrupting the pain in a subject receiving a placebo ...! The placebo administration acts on the brain in the receptors involved in pain. Its action (placebo) is equivalent to the administration of at 6 8 mg morphine! [Cited in Science and Future, May 2016, read my dentist today!]

This may explain the fact that some believe in it, and some do not ?????

Yes, the placebo effect explains very well the fact that it works on some and not on others.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 06/12/16, 20:21

Janic wrote, and that's go again! The subject has already been seen again and again and showing that:

Because beyond mere placebo effect, non-homeopathic medicines have an effect specific measured prerequisite to their marketing.

This is only partly true because this measure is essentially a measure of toxicity. It's like measuring the impact of a hammer blow on the finger and then administer a painkiller. The appearance becomes a hammer accompanied by pain will measure the effectiveness of pain, not the safety of toxic components of pain regardless of the biological effects of the coup itself.
To recap, for those who still do not know, a drug is supposed to be effective, and therefore obtain its marketing authorization, when the product benefits exceed, as little as it is, theoretically the disadvantages mentioned in the side effects it will have, also treat with other meds with their own side effects; and we see these old swallow dozens of pills self canceling (theoretically) or worsening in almost total ignorance of the possible negative synergistic effects.
So homeopathy (which can be ineffective, too, when it does not correspond to the signs that indicate the sick) has at least the advantage of an unrecognized toxicity.
Or ecology, among other things, aims to reduce not only external pollution (including effects become internally by various diseases), but also internal directly or through a healthier environment, but also a way of food and possibly care, non-polluting and also, at least, homeopathy is that major criterion.
That said the cited article does not say stupid things, some points raised are unfortunately real like homeo vaccines that are an illusion which is the counterpart of the classical vaccination as illusory or taking pills H. allopathy way which does not correspond to homeopathic principles, etc ... but these are deviations that are hurting in this type of care, but not enough to deter patients and caregivers increasingly using it ( among other so-called natural modes of care)
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/12/16, 20:36

it is evidence that the placebo effect is useful!

if a drug that cuts the effects of morphine also cut the placebo effect is evidence that the placebo effect a product of the same type as morphine, so that the placebo effect is not zero

in my childhood I was often treated by homeopathy, maybe even only by homehopathie ... first taking antibiotics has 18 years for apendicite, or he has had to go through the conventional medicine and surgery ... I thank my parents for making this choice of homeopathy ... I think it is partly thanks to this that I have a strong health and have never been a good customer for medicine

is that homeopathy was effective? or what it was that the placebo? I remember me a homeopath who was a great psychologist, may be that what he said had more effect than the pill ... but no matter what is the result that counts

in France the secu monitors drug of Expenditure and if they continue to reimburse homeopathic pill that is certainly because they find that it's placebo economy or not
0 x
pedrodelavega
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by pedrodelavega » 06/12/16, 21:31

Janic wrote:

This is only partly true because this measure is essentially a measure of toxicity.
No, the therapeutic effects are measured / assessed.

Janic wrote:That said the cited article does not say stupid things,)
What nonsense?
0 x