Let's talk health fruits and juices?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Christophe

Let's talk health fruits and juices?

by Christophe » 08/06/16, 22:32

After the secret of the Laughing Cow, Consumer-durable / the-secret-of-the-cow-who-laughs-conservation-of-cheese-a-room-temperature-t14777.html I wish we developed a little about fruit juices ...

The offer is very wide now as it is in content (juice quality) that the container (packaging type) ...

Pure juice, concentrated base, nectar, with or without "puree or pulp" ...
Sterilization, pasteurization, flash pasteurization, fresh juice, cool storage or no radius ...

In short you get lost a little!

What happens to the nutrient inputs (including vitamins?) Associated with these conservation methods?

Just a few years there was an issue (France2 I think) on hazard orange juice shelf stable concentrated base ... but what about the other juice?

Right now, I drink a lot of juice (sodas are somehow worse for health than the worst juice I guess) ...
0 x
Did67

Re: Let's talk health fruit and juice?

by Did67 » 09/06/16, 12:02

This is, I think, quite simple: since man was ape, and even a little before, the fruits were a major food. For vitamins, sugars, etc ... It is a remade health during the summer ...

I therefore assume that the "selection" has endowed this great monkey dadais with what "to digest and assimilate" the fruits.

So already, to start: the ideal, not the juice. It is the fruit. With pulp, skin, and everything ...

And then you declined:

- the more it is liquid and filtered, and the less it is "natural", the less it is rich and undoubtedly the less it is adapted to our physiology ...

- More it was heated or heated / cooled / heated, more fragile substances (vitamins, antioxidants) etc have taken a hit. According to this principle, a 100% pure fresh juice juice is better than 100% reconstituted juice (concentrated juice, transported and re-diluted before pasteurized) ...

- similarly untreated "fresh juices" will be better than "flash pasteurized" juices which will be better than UHT which will be better than traditional pasteurization ...

All this goes without speaking about the starting quality of the fruit ("industrial" fruits of intensive cultivation and treated up to 26 times, or I do not know how many ...). You can imagine that it is exclusively the "most beautiful fruits selected just for you" that have been pressed. It is marked on the package! The ugly, the rotten, we sell them whole, in crates! ?

I'm not talking about nectars, which are "poisons" and one of the main causes of obesity: too much sugar. Should be banned!

Finally, never forget that our organism was "selected" under a pressure of famine: storing quickly was a survival criterion for Cro-magnon and Neanderthal. It turns against us today, in times of plenty. Too much juice is ... harmful!

Take a look at the energy content of a glass of orange juice and compare it to your "ration"! You will be stuck. It's half an hour of exercise bike at good power, to eliminate this energy ... Well, yes, the fruits are sweet, very sweet, even when the acidity masks it ...

And when I told you that there is at least one well-founded reference of an Englishman who died of cirrhosis after drinking 2 or 3 (again, I can't remember) liters of carrot juice, all of them the days after reading that it was good! Yes, carotene - provitamin A - is transformed into vitamin A in the liver. Like any molecule (drugs, ethanol in alcoholic, glucose / glycogen in duck with foie gras ..): if there is too much work for the liver, it turns to cirrhosis! orange juice, we must be able to get high the same!

So, in addition, must be reasonable!

Here. As usual, this is my opinion, without nuances ...
2 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 09/06/16, 13:21

Did67 has said everything or almost ... We can just add that:
- Eat fruit gives fibers that are absent in the juice.
- Fruits lower the body temperature (it is as if they were made for that ...) and it is suitable in the summer during their season;
- White sugar is often used in fruit juice to control the flavor (there are tolerances allowed).
- The natural acidity of the fruit does not harm our body when there is all the constituents / natural additives that contribute to catalysis.
- a contrario the acidity of a fruit juice packaged in a packaging may be harmful (acid balance / base of the human body).
- Enzymes contained in the natural fruit, prepare the digestion Suitably related to saliva.
- the natural protection of fruits (skin and under the skin), serves as a natural disinfectant and also prepares digestion. This is why it would be well not to remove the skin from fruits (and vegetables) and eat them with it!
- Forms of undenatured vitamins in fruits, contribute to health. In conditioned juice, there are already alterations.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 09/06/16, 15:16

Obamot wrote:- Eat fruit gives fibers that are absent in the juice. .

In this regard, we will observe a "fashion" almost as "silly" as the permaculture mounds: that of vegetable juices.

The manufacturers of "machines" (sold at a high price) undoubtedly meet there.

It's the vegetables that defrauding crunching raw ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 09/06/16, 15:55

Yes we can, we have the sufficient length to gut it. But thought is not digestible for everyone ...
You have to go in steps. Finally we already eat quite raw like that, without even noticing it: avocados, carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumbers, fennel, beans less often but large flat beans (especially in Asia), fresh corn, red radishes or white, and necessarily all salads or other endives and even Paris mushrooms! Who ever tried fresh asparagus? !!!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 09/06/16, 16:00

indeed, almost everything has been said with a few nuances on these last points
In this regard, we will observe a "fashion" almost as "silly" as the permaculture mounds: that of vegetable juices.
when it's a fad disappears too quickly as it appeared
The manufacturers of "machines" (sold at a high price) undoubtedly meet there.
like any consumer item so nothing new!
It's the vegetables that defrauding crunching raw ...
that's the last important point! Indeed the vegetables (which should be distinguished between root vegetables, leafy vegetables, fruit vegetables) are "well" assimilated only raw and with their enzymatic complex intact, which is destroyed by cooking (but it is in our culinary habits) . The advice to eat 5 fruits and vegetables per day poses a problem for those not used to such a quantity (of 5 no volume!) And juices promote absorption, taking into account that they have a detoxifying effect on the body. and whose benefit can be felt quickly, plus the fact that industrial food that has depleted foods, even raw, may require consuming more to recover more essential nutrients. It is therefore only a last resort, but between two evils, it is necessary to choose the lesser ..... at least momentarily!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Did67

by Did67 » 09/06/16, 17:58

I found the energy of the orange juice kcal 44 10 to cl.

It's a little less worse than I thought ... But remember, 3 glasses is quickly taken. And that makes 1 / 15ème of daily energy intake for a man ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/06/16, 10:05

Cool I see clearer, thank you :)

About Energy * Yes, it is quite large ... and in this precisely did67 ...

For some time I'm with my little ice. Finally instead of scented ice, via plastic molds sold 1 or 2 6 the € ... We can put the liquid you want ... I even tried with tomato and carrot juice :)

The capacity of each mold is about 5 cl (or 1/4 to 1/5 of a mug-like cup) ... well I noticed that a fruit juice "drunk" in the form of ice lasted much longer than if it were drunk in liquid form ... and the taste pleasure with therefore ...

This remark may sound very silly (better late than never) but so I wonder if eating "ice" may not be an interesting practice ... diet! : Cheesy:

* Fructose is still healthier for you than glucose ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/06/16, 11:14

Freezing is undoubtedly the best way to preserve the juice. It's the one that loses the least nutrients.
Do not forget to consume what is frozen :D
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/06/16, 12:35

Christophe wrote:* Fructose is still healthier for you than glucose ...

There would be another debate.

Glucose is still the food of our cells and circulates continuously in our blood at about 1 g / l. As such, absolutely essential. One of the most essential molecules in our body!

It is also the "basic link" of "slow sugars" such as starch. So pasta, bread, couscous, potatoes, are 90% (I'm telling you that), long chains of glucose ...

Fructose, of which the body has no use (quite precisely, it is not "equipped" to transform it in order to obtain the energy that the cells need) is metabolized in the liver, to be transformed into glucose (and an acid radical, which the body must eliminate). But as a result, fructose diffuses slowly, where glucose "floods" the body very quickly after ingestion, because immediately "assimilable" - hence the fact that fructose has a low glycemic index ...

As soon as a transformation is necessary (as for the starch of bread), one has like a "buffer" and not of "flood" - they are "dams of recession", in a way.

The confusion arises from the fact that to sweeten the majority of "industrial" foods, we now use artificially hydrolyzed starch, which gives a "glucose syrup"... which poses a problem.

In fact, there are two forms of glucose (the molecule in view space can take two forms) and that have an impact on the deflection of polarized light. One form this plan turned to the left, the other right. It was therefore an L-glucose and D-glucose.

One is dominant in kind. Sorry, remember which (I would say the L, but we will probably correct me) ...

The hydrolysis of starch (corn) gives both, one of the forms of which is not the "natural" form for our organism, even if it is from a "natural" product.

Note that beet sugar, much maligned, is sucrose, or the fusion of a molecule of glucose and fructose. Therefore the digestion leads sugar gives quickly a glucose molecule and a fructose.

Lactose is the fusion of a molecule of galactose and glucose. And idem, when one digests lactose ...
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "