Alcohol and mortality: 50 000 deaths per year in France

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Alcohol and mortality: 50 000 deaths per year in France

by Janic » 05/03/13, 09:33

A real scourge mowing lives of all ages, but almost taboo as it is part of the culture, the economy!
Health
The consumption of alcohol in the Hexagon is directly responsible for 49.000 deaths in 2009. The study of French researchers is based on precise figures.
According to a study by the Biostatistics and Epidemiology Department of the Institut Gustave Roussy de Villejuif, published this Monday in the European Journal of Public Health, the French drink too much. Alcohol consumption has even caused 49.000 direct deaths in 2009. Explanations in figures.

40%. This is the number of alcohol-related deaths that occur before 65 years, that is, close to 20.000 people who died from alcohol-related illness.

22%. A true plague among young people, alcohol accounts for almost a quarter of the mortality of 15-34 years. A real danger especially on the road. In 2010, among 18-24 years, nearly 4 young people killed on 10 were victims of an accident involving alcohol.

18%. Between 35 and 64 years, alcohol accounts for approximately 20% cause of death, or one in five people. From 65 years, it only represents 7%.

15.000. The leading cause of death, alcohol-related cancers caused 15.000 deaths and outpaced the cardiovascular events that amount to 12.000 in 2009.

13%. Men are the most affected. As proof, its consumption is responsible for 13% of male mortality, much more than in other European countries.

5%. This low rate is the number of alcohol-related deaths among women. Yet France is well ahead of its neighbors, Italy with only 2% and 1% for Denmark.

27 grams. This is the amount of pure alcohol consumed by French per day in one year. That's a little more than two and a half glasses, served in a cafe, drunk every day.

5 grams. This is the rate recommended by researchers to avoid alcohol-related diseases, one and a half drinks a day maximum.

10 centiliters. This quantity of wine already corresponds to 10 grams of pure alcohol, which is twice as much as it is recommended to drink. This also corresponds to 25 or beer or 3 and strong alcohol (whiskey, pastis, gin ...)

50%. The French drink too much but yet their consumption has been halved in 50 years. It was 33 g pure alcohol, per day and per adult in 1994.

http://lci.tf1.fr/science/sante/les-dix ... 59957.html
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/13, 09:54

Known for a long time of all hospitable but we prefer not to see anything ... not to talk about it ... politics of the ostrich ...

Ask me if this news does not inaugurate a new tax on alcohol ...

Health huh! : Cheesy:
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 05/03/13, 10:55

Yes alcohol a beautiful crap I started to drink while partying 30 years ago and then every day. I was an excessive daily drinker a liter of wine a day. Blood pressure problem, I stopped and I'm very glad I did it my blood pressure went down ...
Alcohol withdrawal is difficult certainly more difficult than stopping smoking and I had a good nightmare the first weeks I stopped without drugs. It is sometimes difficult to admit that one is alcoholic.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 05/03/13, 12:26

Be careful, we do not talk about people saved by alcohol.
Example, my doctor strongly advised me to stop completely this patent, because it is an excellent anti depressant, with moderation .. : Cheesy:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 05/03/13, 13:07

Be careful, we do not talk about people saved by alcohol.
Example, my doctor strongly advised me to stop completely this patent, because it is an excellent anti depressant, with moderation ..
first or second degree? :?
it is incredible the ignorance that some doctors can have!
Tobacco too (like other drugs) has an antidepressant effect ... at the beginning and the depressed individual tries to regain his comfort by taking another cigarette, then another one. Alcohol is the same thing: momentary effect is not without reason if people with problems take refuge in this product.
With moderation? What is the dose in moderation? One, two, three, five? The study emphasizes that beyond half a glass of wine is already lacking moderation and the French drinker by habit will consider this little bit insufficient ... with a few more deaths.
Legislation imposed on cigarette packs, tobacco kills and not tobacco should be consumed in moderation and alcoholists opposed this kind of warning warning pregnant women. The strength of lobbies! : Evil:
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 05/03/13, 14:25

Yes alcohol has an antidepressant effect but has a dose that is dangerous for you and others if you drive for example. The recognized beneficial effects are especially for cardiovascular problems provided you drink 10 at 15cl of wine a day. It is said that it is especially the wine that would be effective because of certain compounds that it does not necessarily contain the alcohol.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 05/03/13, 15:00

Christophe wrote:
Ask me if this news does not inaugurate a new tax on alcohol ...

Health huh! : Cheesy:

You have just!
The government is uncomfortable with the health of its citizens, from the moment it finds a balance (sick = sale of drugs = €€€) that do not interfere with the economic functioning.
It's obviously the same for the environment, and it's even the definition of sustainable development, or development tenable and not sustainable (mystification when you hold us!).

Given the need to bail out the banker friends, all the health and sanitary arguments will come out: alcohol, tobacco, diesel, sugar etc ... even if we have been clubbing for decades that its products represent a risk to our health!

: Evil:

Ps: it could tax reality TV shows, too, since it makes you stupid, but that's the goal, huh?
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 06/03/13, 10:42

Yes alcohol has an antidepressant effect but has a dose that is dangerous for you and others if you drive for example. The recognized beneficial effects are especially for cardiovascular problems provided you drink 10 at 15cl of wine a day. It is said that it is especially the wine that would be effective because of certain compounds that it does not necessarily contain the alcohol.

The literature on the effects of alcohol is plethoric, but the picrate is part of the culture (and a large economic sector and more) and therefore almost untouchable.
The so-called beneficial effects are illusory because they only last for the passage of alcohol in the blood (as a fluidifier) ​​and to have constant effects it would be necessary to boil all day and night.
Then polyphenols are invoked for their positive action (and this effect is real) for the vascular system. However, polyphenols exist in many other products without the toxicity associated with alcoholic beverages. It is as if, to ascend that mushrooms have nutrients beneficial to the body, it was advised to consume toxic fungi. Fungus poisoning causes fewer deaths than alcohol poisoning, but people are very cautious about fungi.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 06/03/13, 14:27

Janic wrote:Then polyphenols are invoked for their positive action (and this effect is real) for the vascular system. However, polyphenols exist in many other products without the toxicity associated with alcoholic beverages. It is as if, to ascend that mushrooms have nutrients beneficial to the body, it was advised to consume toxic fungi. Fungus poisoning causes fewer deaths than alcohol poisoning, but people are very cautious about fungi.

Very just!
In fact the pub on the positive effects of wine has only one goal: revive the wine industry.
Many vine growers have destroyed their vineyards and sold their land, I know it well I'm from Beaujolais!
While the elders drank wine at the table, the young prefer sodas, and especially stronger spirits such as Wiskhy and vodka in nightclubs, which are more "fashionable".

It should also be remembered that wine is the product most polluted by pesticides, so focus on organic, or water simply!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 06/03/13, 14:57

It should also be remembered that wine is the product most polluted by pesticides, so focus on organic, or water simply!
Or more precisely: IN MORE the wine is ....
Do not forget about beer consumption and often forget about vinegar too. It is not the product itself that is in question (wine is only a grape juice) but fermentation produces alcohol which is a poison for the organism and particularly level of the brain.
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "