Wearing a beard is good for health ...

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Christophe

Wearing a beard is good for health ...

by Christophe » 25/02/13, 19:16

Bearded men have better skin health than others ... (except for those who are detonated ... lol)

I've been unshaven for years, again I was right before everyone else lol :)

The study does not say if this also concerns other hairs ...

Having a beard is good for your health

HEALTH - In addition to an aesthetic choice, wearing a beard would provide effective protection from the sun's rays but also from cold and infections

If hair hunting is more and more widespread among men, they would nevertheless be essential to protect themselves from certain pathologies. Asthma, skin cancer or even premature aging... significant facial hair is indeed a good preventive measure according to Australian dermatologists, researchers at the University of Queensland.

They wanted to know if a well-stocked beard could effectively protect themselves from UV rays. In small quantities, these are known to be essential for the synthesis of vitamin D in the body. But in prolonged exposure, they can cause skin cancer, premature aging of the skin as well as cataracts.

As effective as a sun protection index

For their study, published in Radiation Protection Dosimetry newspaper and relayed by the Daily Mail, the researchers used a dosimeter of radiation to measure ultraviolet radiation passing through the beard. They realized that these hairs allowed to block 90% to 95% of UV rays. "It's like an SPF, the longer the beard is provided, the higher the index is high," said the Daily Mail Nick Lowe, one of the authors of the article.

Another peculiarity: unlike women, a beard would leave the skin well hydrated after exposure to the sun, thus protecting it from premature aging. The longest and thickest beards should be preferred because they effectively protect the chin and neck from reflective surfaces such as sand or water.

A natural scarf

"Light travels in a straight line, but when it strikes the hair, especially curly, it is refracted so never penetrate the skin," adds the researcher. It is also welcome in winter since from the chin up to the neck, it traps the cold air thus making it possible to act as a scarf. Like the hair, it thus makes it possible to effectively and naturally avoid certain diseases, both serious and benign.
Asmathics sensitive to pollen or dust could for example see their symptoms diminish, the allergens remaining trapped in the hair follicles instead of entering the respiratory tract. Besides shaving is generally the main cause of bacterial infections in the area of ​​the face such as folliculitis.

sources:

code: Select all

http://www.metrofrance.com/info/porter-la-barbe-c-est-bon-pour-la-sante/mmbv!0d9baYiRxbLCI/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... ocess.html

http://rpd.oxfordjournals.org/
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/02/13, 19:29

The real problem still remains whether to wear it above or below the covers, right?

0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 25/02/13, 20:21

slut,

so if i followed well me who is beardless so to speak i am in shit, on the other hand the portuguese are well protected ...
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "