Medicines: AEM launches adrreports on side effects

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Christophe

Medicines: AEM launches adrreports on side effects

by Christophe » 03/06/12, 10:05

An info that should please dedeleco (I haven't looked at the site yet):

A European website for side effects

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) has set up a website listing the potential side effects of authorized medicines in the European economic area. About 650 drugs and active substances are concerned by this site.

The data come from the European EudraVigilance database, based on information from marketing authorizations (AMM), issued by the health regulatory authorities in each of the member countries of the European Union.

This website lists suspected side effects, that is, symptoms that occur after taking a medication, but are not necessarily related to that medication. They are presented statistically: number of cases by symptom, depending on age and sex. The information listed is intended to improve the transparency of health information, not to warn the danger of the products presented.

The EMA wants to quickly expand the list, already made up of 650 products, so that as much information as possible on commonly used medicines is available in all member countries of the European Union.

Source: http://www.allodocteurs.fr/actualite-sa ... s-7213.asp

More informations:
http://www.adrreports.eu/index.html
http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/index.jsp? ... 058004d5c1
http://eudravigilance.ema.europa.eu/human/index.asp
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/06/12, 11:33

Excellent pick, this info.

The novelty is possibly that we can find there in the future, all the side effects reported or not in the instructions! And above all, to make this available to the public (when it already existed, but for doctors only). In the future, because for now it's just a meager prospect.

For isn't that taking one step forward, and two back? Since there is no possibility for you and me to send the information directly to the site! Since there is no direct link to a "side effect report form"fillable directly by patients suffering from said effects, which one would expect with such a site:

AEM wrote:How to report a side effect

The reporting of side effects is normally carried out by healthcare professionals, and you are therefore recommended to speak with a healthcare professional, such as your doctor or pharmacist. Increasingly, patients are able to report suspected side effects directly through various methods such as online patient reporting forms hosted by national medicines regulatory authorities or by telephone. Consult the appropriate authority from the list of national medicines regulatory authorities in the EEA for information on how to report a side effect.

If you are experiencing a side effect or think you may be experiencing one, you should seek advice from a healthcare professional. The European Medicines Agency cannot accept side-effect reports directly from patients or consumers. The Agency is also not in a position to provide individual medical advice or to confirm whether your symptoms are being caused by your medicine.

Source: http://www.adrreports.eu/report_side_effect.html

On the one hand it is understandable (it requires the supervision of his doctor) but on the other it is quite questionable and will not pack anyone to make the move. Imagine for a second that the doctor will not have taken all the usual precautions with his patient ... Well, he may not want to go shout it out on the roofs ...

On the other hand, since there is no form:
- patients have time to die well before the cumbersome suggested procedure succeeds !!!
- there is - de facto - no causal relationship established between the affections and their cause VS their effects and the drugs to alleviate them (which is a great missed opportunity to detect the problem upstream and independently and neutral). So in terms of early prevention, it seems null to me (although a first step in the right direction).

Aside from consolidating current deficient medical practices (if any are), what is the use since there is no responsiveness? Since it does not allow to give an alert!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/06/12, 12:11

Besides, why limit this to drugs only?

Like vaccines, even certain foods packaged industrially by agribusiness (food supplements, etc.).

Finally, those who believe - as in the current theoretical model - that this would provide a means to (immuno) depressed subjects "to take action"by reacting as if by magic suitably in the sense of what such a site supposes ... Can always scratch ... Because otherwise, we would have already solved the problem of drug consumption like ... all those you know and which are in common use ... In liquid or dry form:

Since this is the very purpose of these "stimulants" It is not for nothing that medocs are reputed to be clinically tested in a double blind manner. Image

So one of two things: either we dismantle the dominant model and put what is needed flat. Either we continue to hide the dust under the carpet ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 03/06/12, 12:25

Obamot does not read carefully, in particular the books cited, he does not apply the scientific method, at least on him !!!

If he did, he would be able to follow me running in the ribs, while I am older, this without needing a doctor, ortho or other !!

Now I'm going to eat my cherries on my cherry trees before the birds !!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/06/12, 12:40

... post a link to an online form: instead of hollering like a peacock!

: Mrgreen: tssss ... if it exists!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/06/12, 21:59

You have been warned! Dede! Cherries are bad for the bones!
It is a side effect that is often overlooked.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 03/06/12, 22:53

Since my childhood that I stuff myself with cherries, in June, and after in jams and frozen, I have not yet broken the slightest bone by falling, even hampered running to my VMA, and the same for all my family !!

Side effect without clear reference, which requires confirmation, without lobby of sodas fake fruit juice !!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/06/12, 23:27

Okay, so what link?

: Cheesy:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/06/12, 02:44

0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 04/06/12, 03:35

There was talk of an "online" questionnaire, but ...

... established by a trustworthy health partner (therefore HONcode approved ...> )

Image ...>

Because the sites from which Dedeleco derives this are not necessarily what it believes they are ...

But thanks anyway for this effort, I appreciate it.

PS: I don't take any medication, no need. For small sores, I also try to do without ... Dedeleco should follow this example by not forcing too much in sport ... He would not have had sciatica consequence of chronic disc herniation for 17 years, he therefore would not have needed painkillers.
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "