KTM X-Bow roadster exclusive, expensive and unnecessary ...?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

KTM X-Bow roadster exclusive, expensive and unnecessary ...?

by Christophe » 07/07/09, 00:17

It's the kind of car that does not make me, but not at all, optimistic about the choices of certain manufacturers, while we are talking about the so-called development of the "green car" to all the news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQl0jS-Dt1s

Look right to the end ... the prices are given at the very end! It's just: Image

But it makes me more Image which Image...

Another toy for traders who have to spend their bonus ... while the others ... row ...
0 x
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 07/07/09, 10:55

Bah even if you have to pay a sports car at this price, better to buy an X-bow of 800kg with 240ch rather than a 911 of 1,5 ton and 320ch no?

Regarding the title ... does there exist a "useful" roadster? : Mrgreen:

I like this concept of pure sports, which can not be used for anything else. It is neither to travel nor to get bread; so the 240hp, they may pollute, but only when the owner wants to have fun.
As opposed to the owner of Jaguar XKR or Maserati who will walk his beautiful and his 20L / 100 (with the light foot) daily.

It annoys me much less to see a new roadster than to see the magnification of classic cars and the fair with more and more superfluous, super-heavy and super-polluting equipment.
And put superpowered motors to compensate.
I have a ZX of 900kg and dust for 75hp, that is more than enough, it is very fun to drive. When I have to replace it with a car of the same category, what will I find? a 4kg C1200 for 90hp? It's the low standard today!
The worst thing in today's automobile is not that the manufacturers continue to sell sports cars, but the overweight of ordinary cars!
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 07/07/09, 11:15

Indeed, sports and super sports are very expensive, accessories and parts are also very expensive, as is maintenance.
Somewhere, it drives a luxury economy, businesses and generates wages. It is a return to the economy of the crazy sums earned without morality by some.

On the other hand, having heavier classic cars, with over-equipped basic models is more serious economically speaking.
Not being able to overcome power steering on a small car for example. I have a Skoda Félicia GLXi without power steering. Why should even the smallest car today have power steering?
Same for air conditioning, electric windows. Okay, it's practical, but it breaks down more easily than a simple crank ...
Besides that, safety equipment like fog lights are never on the basic models ...
In short, there is a lot of work to do to redefine the car in the changing world.
At one time, in the USA, a customer could define his car at the dealership.
We should be able today, with the help of IT, to go to a dealer, and build with him the car that interests us.
This will not prevent the wealthiest of us from making a personalized and heavier car, but it will be our choice and therefore overconsumption will also be chosen.
On the other hand, those who want to consume less, spend less, will have a simpler, lighter and less greedy car built.
Gentlemen, car manufacturers, you can create and have your shirts delivered today by internet, get on the page (Web) and offer the same for you products. Open your mind and stop imposing on us your dreams and your designs that you want us to believe our publicity (for example the heartbeats on the 207 : Evil: come to have more reactions for a car than for his wife, Image )
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/07/09, 11:38

Olivier22 wrote:Bah even if you have to pay a sports car at this price, better to buy an X-bow of 800kg with 240ch rather than a 911 of 1,5 ton and 320ch no?

Disagree: with the porsche, there is a "utility" function (you can consider going on vacation with it and make "useful" trips) ... there it's just a big toy ... but in this case there, as much to take a REAL KTM which grows ground in the ass !!

Some motorcycles have more "useful" space than this thing ...

The only "interest" I see is the competition / use on the circuit ...
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 07/07/09, 12:02

Hi Christopher,

Isn't the competition of major interest?
Testing new technologies in an extreme setting, seems important for the promotion of the most effective and the encouragement of econological RetD

Maybe define the winners differently from "you crossed the line in number one, you won" by for example "you drove at 130/140 and consumed the least possible energy, emitted the least greenhouse gas , using the most recycled / clabe vehicle (really!), you win "as is done for solar vehicle races would be more suited to the situation?

What do you think ?

@+
0 x
Frederic
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: KTM X-Bow, an exclusive, expensive ... and useless roadster?

by I Citro » 07/07/09, 12:12

Christophe wrote: Another toy for traders who have to spend their bonus ... while the others ... row ...
Completely useless, decadent unusable, ugly ...
The disadvantages of the motorcycle and those of the car. I think the marketing arguments are surely the opposite ...
I do not see a trader buying this shit, and for what, the idiot on the country roads the WE ...
Yes, there may be a clientele in England ...

Me who drives daily in a car devoid of gearbox clutch and gear lever and which in addition does not make any noise ... I do not call that progress or something new ...

Everything is to be thrown away except perhaps the ultra light materials used ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/07/09, 12:14

Uh, competition in GT3 is more about driving with old "basic" boxes (the porsche of the 60s and 70s are very popular on this side) it has nothing to do with technological "R & D" it is a passion (sport ?) before being a profession ...

If still they had the right to put water injections I say not ... but there ... nada, even consumption is not measured! What matters is the time, only the time!

A) More generally, the transfer of techno between the competition and the car of everyone is weak enough not to say zero ... especially if we compare this in relation to the "costs" of the competition. ...

Auto-motorcycle competition is marketing above all: the manufacturer who wins will sell more ... so I never understood pkoi Ferrari had invested so much in F1: may be linked to the image of Italian cars, therefore " Fiat "or" Alpha Romeo "???

Anyway, what pollutes the most in auto competition is not the participants ... but the spectators.

See this little study of CO2 on the Grand Prix of Spa Francorchamps

B) I think it is high time to actually take into account the performance of vehicles ... and imagine doing more "green" races but we see some more green races (use style of diester, ethanol or electric ) ...

In F1, for example, energy management is essential ... in victory!
0 x
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 07/07/09, 13:23

That's it, braking energy recovery systems have appeared in F1.
This is probably just the start ...
And I'm pretty sure it will soon be used in commercial car technology.

Christophe wrote:
Olivier22 wrote:Bah even if you have to pay a sports car at this price, better to buy an X-bow of 800kg with 240ch rather than a 911 of 1,5 ton and 320ch no?
Disagree: with the porsche, there is a "utility" function (you can consider going on vacation with it and make "useful" trips) ... this is just a big toy ...
This is precisely what I criticize: making "utility" trips with a car that consumes 20L.
Me to choose I would prefer to have this KTM + a basic car which consumes little, to be able to use the basic every day and go to make circuit in KTM on Sunday, rather than to do everything with the same big gluttonous Porsche.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/07/09, 13:29

Olivier22 wrote:That's it, braking energy recovery systems have appeared in F1.
This is probably just the start ...
And I'm pretty sure it will soon be used in commercial car technology.

Such systems (hydraulic, electro-magnetic, pneumatic ...) have existed for years ... It is not F1 that developed it !!!

And it will come out among the general public that if it is PROFITABLE for the manufacturer ... I vote no.

A porsche, when you don't "hit" in it, doesn't consume that much (7 to 8L / 100 km, they are known for their "sobriety" and reliability in the world of luxury cars) ... and the guy who can afford to buy the KTM toy for 50 - 90 €, you can be sure that he already has at least a car equivalent to a Porsche and that he certainly does not drive in a car at 000 €. .no?
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 07/07/09, 13:43

too nice the toy, I love it, frankly if I had the money, I buy without thinking ...
and christophe, your bitterness makes you so unpleasant when you read that it becomes annoying in the long run ... you could not take holidays a little ... bye bye dude ...
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."