The false crisis automakers?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

The false crisis automakers?

by Christophe » 03/06/09, 12:18

Car sales remain solid in France

After a rebound of 8,1% in March, then a fall of 7% in April, sales rose 11,9% in May alone.

In five months, France has registered almost as many cars as it did a year ago. The different support systems have their effect. A breath of fresh air for the industry.

The worst is never certain. In the first five months of the year, 896 new cars were registered in France compared to 000 a year earlier. 909 fewer cars, a decrease of 000%, is rather a good performance in light of the concerns of manufacturers at the start of the year.

After a rebound of 8,1% in March, then a fall of 7% in April, sales rose 11,9% in May alone. "This good result can be explained by a triptych: there is the scrapping premium effect, the ecological bonus and the manufacturers' commercial discounts on the new models", explains François Roudier, the spokesperson for the CCFA (Comité des French automakers).

(...)

Renault steps up production of its Laguna

In France, PSA will hire 250 temporary workers in its Sochaux factory to support the ramp-up in production of its new Peugeot 3008, a crossover. The production rate of the 308 is also revised upwards. Another example, Renault will accelerate the production of its Laguna at its Norman site in Sandouville. Thanks to the departure of 1 out of 300 employees, the factory, which has been heavily affected by short-time working since the start of the crisis, will return to practically normal activity in June and July.

Source and end: Le Figaro
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 03/06/09, 12:51

Mwouaih!!!!

1) It's Le Figaro! It's a bit like the song "the government, how strong it is!" "It's the best".

2) The indicator is registrations; not the turnover! I see a lot of new "little toilets" (C1, Twingo, Opel Agila, Suzuki Splash, Toyota Yaris ...), much less average vehicles ... So much the better, from my point of view.

3) In some cases, 100 employees or temporary workers are rehired out of 1 heavy workers 000 months ago. Must resituate ... If the OEMs continue to lay off, it is not going so well. The ptites puiottes, without exception, come from third countries (Twingo = Slovenia; C6 and sisters = Czech I coir or Slovakia; Opel Agila = Suzuki Splash = India !!!).

4) Indeed, with the scrapping premium + the manufacturer's discounts, it has never been so interesting to buy a new vehicle. Dacia sells a Sandero GPL for around € 7. At the same time, the second-hand market is "dry" - difficult to find a "good second-hand" in the range of small vehicles or so almost as expensive as new! I may be going to buy a new vehicle when I have only bought secondhand all my life!

So you have to put things in perspective, even if there is a real effect.

The question is: should we rejoice or be sorry ??? Both.

1) rejoice, each time an old consuming and polluting car is replaced by a smaller less consuming less polluting ... and the owner will continue to drive ... For example, me, with my Xanthia trubo - moribund diesel ("which smokes"!) replaced (perhaps) by a C1 GPL.

2) sorry because it is not a radical alternative. We stay in the car ... not electric ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/06/09, 13:48

Hey yes long live "our driver" ... hiihihihih !! Sorry given the context could not help! (if you don't understand translated into German) : Cheesy:

Otherwise agree on your analyzes (except for the little twingo puppy: do you know what she tells you the puppy?) : Cheesy:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/06/09, 13:57

Ach so, Twingo is a schlechter franzosischer Wagen, sagt der Führer.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/06/09, 13:58

Oula I would not have liked !!

Did67, you just got called Sarkozy by Raymond !!

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 03/06/09, 14:51

Sorry, the crisis is there: a transporter who transports for Duferco (steelworks, Louvière, Belgium) spoke the other day on the radio about a volume of transport demand from -40 to - 50%. It does not deceive.
And in these figures, there is certainly the 2008 overproduction stock absorbed thanks to particularly attractive discounts.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/06/09, 15:32

Well yes it is the crisis that is why this article surprises me ... so much that the manufacturers have whined in recent months ... or was it blue to legitimize the dismissals in order to relocate later?

Duferco working with car manufacturers?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 03/06/09, 16:24

I don't know, but when the steel goes, everything goes!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 03/06/09, 17:35

:? my brother has a special steel business ... lately, it's not happiness, unlike 2008.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 03/06/09, 19:32

You piss, it's not the crisis, it's the collapse of a system. Who hopefully will be replaced by another! But it's not by perfusing the guys who have braked with both feet the change to vehicles thought with something other than the feet that it will be replaced, alas ...

Worse, it's funny, but there are always things going down and others going up. So everything is still fine. Or badly.
0 x