Motorcycle diesel EVA products

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
candas1
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Motorcycle diesel EVA products

by candas1 » 13/04/09, 12:59

The first diesel motorcycle is marketed. Indeed, EVA products, a Dutch company offers a touring motorcycle whose engine borrowed from the Smart Fortwo runs on diesel. A diesel motorcycle ... the purists will cry sacrilege. It must however be recognized that it is in the era of time. The automobile is trying to reduce its consumption. Why not the motorcycle?

http://fr.cars.yahoo.com/10042009/321/le-mazout-au-c-ur-0.html
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/04/09, 13:53

Well a Dutch idea: they have a pretty flirtatious reputation :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 13/04/09, 14:17

: Arrow: This is a fine example of FAKE GOOD IDEA. : Shock:

Completely has been offering a diesel motorcycle at a time when we know that diesel is the most polluting of fuels.
I am not talking about the economic argument which sucks. The additional cost will never be amortized, especially if we take into account the cost of maintaining the engine, which is much higher than that of petrol. Ditto for its longevity, much lower (turbo, electronics ...) than that of a petrol unit ...
: Evil:

Finally, pleasure is an integral part of the decision to buy a motorcycle and here I would like to know who finds the sound of this "Bitza" pleasant.
: Shock:

For 50% cheaper, the purchase of a VECTRIX electric scooter will offer much more satisfaction to users who travel less than 70km in a row (the majority of users of 2 wheels).
:? 8)
I tried the Vectrix 8) , and I don't even have to try the thing I just heard to know that I don't want it. :x
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 13/04/09, 14:42

Hello elephant

elephant wrote:Well a Dutch idea: they have a pretty flirtatious reputation :D

Why stingy? In the report they say that the motorcycle is much more expensive than Japanese motorcycles. (+ 4000 euros?)

No, the principle is good, to make a utility vehicle. One who circulates by need and not by pleasure (going to work for example : Mrgreen: ) must be satisfied with consuming only 2.5 l per 100 km. It's time to invest in this niche, even with a single cylinder ... a minimalist machine that limits Spartans! Full of vibrations and various knocks ... sensations in a pure state : Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/04/09, 15:15

citro wrote:: arrow: This is a fine example of FAKE GOOD IDEA. : Shock:

Completely has been offering a diesel motorcycle at a time when we know that diesel is the most polluting of fuels.
I am not talking about the economic argument which sucks. The additional cost will never be amortized, especially if we take into account the cost of maintaining the engine, which is much higher than that of petrol. Ditto for its longevity, much lower (turbo, electronics ...) than that of a petrol unit ...
: Evil:

Finally, pleasure is an integral part of the decision to buy a motorcycle and here I would like to know who finds the sound of this "Bitza" pleasant.
: Shock:

For 50% cheaper, the purchase of a VECTRIX electric scooter will offer much more satisfaction to users who travel less than 70km in a row (the majority of users of 2 wheels).
:? 8)
I tried the Vectrix 8) , and I don't even have to try the thing I just heard to know that I don't want it. :x
why would you need a turbo and electronics for a diesel?

small single-cylinder diesel cars without a license work very well without electronics or turbo! that and could also walk on motorbikes

we should even allow them on motorcycles to avoid the 50cc petrol which are real ecological disaster
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/04/09, 15:40

So, to get everyone to agree, we're going to do a Diesmotto : Idea:

Connoisseurs will understand my pun (eur). :P
Last edited by Remundo the 13 / 04 / 09, 15: 41, 1 edited once.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 13/04/09, 15:40

chatelot16 wrote:why would you need a turbo and electronics for a diesel?

small single-cylinder diesel cars without a license work very well without electronics or turbo! that and could also walk on motorbikes

we should even allow them on motorcycles to avoid the 50cc petrol which are real ecological disaster
Well the engine mounted on this motorcycle is a SMART engine ...
finally the 2 wheels also must, finally, respect anti pollution standards ...

Noise pollution and ALSO a nuisance that we do without ...

The diesel engines of cars without a license will not be able to pass over and above anti pollution standards ... Electronics will provide ...

Most of these devices have no reason to be powered by internal combustion engines. Their maximum speed, their range does not justify it. Electric traction makes the most sense for these machines ...
:?
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 13/04/09, 16:58

Image it's not the first diesel ...
Made in India
:D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/04/09, 17:45

+1 is far from being a first !!

Already only in France, in the 80s there was a motorcycle with a Citroën flat diesel engine (probably derived from the visa?) :) (a nice stew but chuuutt ...).

We talked about it in 2006:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/moto-custo ... 43-10.html
https://www.econologie.com/deux-motos-di ... -3157.html
A "motorcycle" with original vegetable oil: https://www.econologie.com/forums/ecorider-l ... t2241.html

Some other examples: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_motorcycle
0 x
simplepat
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by simplepat » 13/04/09, 21:29

Hold me, I just invented the pedal motorcycle : Mrgreen:

0 x