Air quality in Paris: by bike better than by car?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Air quality in Paris: by bike better than by car?

by Christophe » 17/02/09, 23:10

An astonishing info, I find it hard to believe it given the many filters that the manufacturer now put: some modern cars have a ventilation air analyzer (on soot I think, maybe unburnt?) And automatically or not put into "recirculation" air mode in order to avoid sucking in outside air ...

Parisian cyclists are said to be less exposed to pollution than motorists. This is in any case the result of an Airparif study made public today. Bicycle paths, bus lanes, road markings ... the facilities allow cyclists to get away from sources of pollution.

Philippe Lameloise, director of Airparif, confirms this. “When they're inside car traffic, they breathe pretty much the same air as motorists. But when the routes shift them, they breathe better.”

http://www.france-info.com/spip.php?art ... s_theme=31
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 19/02/09, 17:00

Maybe for big soot, but for the rest (ozone, NOx, diesel particles) I do not see how simple filters could prevent it.

It is on that with cars, tail leuleu and the air intakes above the hood, it must fit, it may be necessary to make the air intakes at the roof.

The bike / bus lanes are actually relatively separate from the cars. Too bad there are quite a few.
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."