Pierre Langlois: Driving without oil, Book excerpts

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Pierre Langlois: Driving without oil, Book excerpts

by Christophe » 17/11/08, 22:27

Here are some excerpts from the book "Rolling without petroleum" by Quebecois Pierre Langlois which will be released at the beginning of 2009 in Europe.

A little info from Pierre L. in private:
I'm talking about your work at ENSAIS on the 264 and 265 pages of the book. "Rouler sans pétrole" comes out in bookstores in November 2008 in Quebec and early 2009 in France.

Click on the images to download the .pdf corresponding to the extract.

Contents:

Chapter 1: crisis of civilization

Chapter 2: EV and "plug-in" hybrid cars
Last edited by Christophe the 18 / 11 / 08, 01: 36, 2 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/11/08, 22:44

Chapter 3: Fuel Cells and Hydrogen

Chapter 4: new fuels and doping with water or hydrogen
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 18/11/08, 09:51

WHAAAA!

Have you seen 4.25 page 261? it's the one I prefer in this excerpt from the book
(Figure 4.25 - Comparison of the state of particulate filters after use under the same conditions.
The clogging of the right filter, which has been used with regular diesel fuel, is very telling. Improved combustion with the water emulsified fuel is clearly visible on the left filter in the foreground.
Photo: Kanogawa University

The evidence is legion, but what are the builders doing? : Evil:

Otherwise, you sell the book online?
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 18/11/08, 10:04

another cobblestones against the H2 lobby (not far from the oil lobby)
I like the passages on hypothetical fuel cell vehicles H2
the CO2 emissions chart from the wheel well is very telling.
we can see the supremacy of the proven and simple techno of the battery electric car compared to other technos.

I also see page 143 that a standard electric vehicle (15kwh / 100km) emits 172g of CO2 / km even if the elec is made with a naughty coal-fired power plant and it drops to 74g with a combined gas cycle!
0 x
Click my signature
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 18/11/08, 11:03

Capt_Maloche wrote:
The evidence is legion, but what are the builders doing? : Evil:

Otherwise, you sell the book online?

Ben Capt,
he asks for grants to develop it no?
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 18/11/08, 11:19

You talk, they do not need that

even develop a REAL EGR valve driven by a calculator, which would remove catalytic converters and particulate filters, just like that :x to make 15% more yield to vehicles : Evil: because of the losses of load caused by these equipments !!

EGR valve : principle allowing the partial recirculation of the burned gases in order to reinject the water vapor resulting from the combustion of Gasoil, to see the details on a subject whose equivalent principle was verified: https://www.econologie.com/forums/ameliorati ... t5172.html

perfect combustion reaction GO (nitrogen is not present)
C2H16 34 + = 49 2 O32 CO2 + 34 H2O
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
RIAZ
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by RIAZ » 03/12/08, 18:47

Christophe, we count on you to tell us where and when we can buy this book that seems to be a real mine of info.

To read certainly with care, ie by verifying the reality of what is written there. The APTERA for example, is not yet on sale in California.
I'm looking forward to that, not to have one, because she's not ready to cross the Atlantic, but to watch the passage from speech to the reality of the market, and I cross my fingers to make it work.

That said, it's still an Amerloc this Langlois there. His average car 244 g / km can actually bask the pill electrically. Crossing the Atlantic we find over-the-counter which make half without spilling.

His standard electric car at 15 Kwh / 100 km is from the same vintage. If we want them to really exist these EVs, they will have to be content with half as well.
I do not redo the additions, I know that there is that it annoys, (do not say thank you, it's normal) but it is confirmed that the EV are mainly used to protect the health of city dwellers ... which is not so bad.
0 x
In terms of the future, it is not to foresee it, but to enable it (Antoine de Saint Exupery)
Flytox

by Flytox » 03/12/08, 19:59

Hello captain

Capt_Maloche wrote:You talk, they do not need that
even develop a REAL EGR valve driven by a calculator, which would remove catalytic converters and particulate filters, just like that :x to make 15% more yield to vehicles : Evil: because of the losses of load caused by these equipments !!

Where do you get these 15% yield loss? In the literature it seems to me that they talk about 5 8% (not found my source :frown: ).
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 03/12/08, 22:22

Yes it is in the 10% apparently for the catalytic converter that needs a lot of pressure losses to heat the gases
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 04/12/08, 15:49

to pray the book is already on sale (on ama by doing a search I fell on it)
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.

(Alessandro Marandotti)