Vive expensive oil

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Vive expensive oil

by bamboo » 05/06/08, 16:14

That's it ! The price of oil is starting to move mentalities:
- A French mail distributor offers training to its postmen so that they learn to drive "responsibly"
- motorists are starting to appreciate fuel-efficient cars
- an American car manufacturer has decided to drop 4x4 / pickups and refocus on smaller vehicles!
(too bad, European manufacturers are lagging behind: they are starting to make 4x4s ... : Cheesy: Okay, let's hope they get out of the closet

In short, we are moving forward!

Roll on oil at $ 200!
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 05/06/08, 16:18

no need for lessons I always drove like this ....
I always had economical cars ....
I have always been against 4X4

then explain to me what brings me dear oil ?????
: Cheesy:
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 05/06/08, 17:18

georges100 wrote:no need for lessons I always drove like this ....
I always had economical cars ....
I have always been against 4X4

then explain to me what brings me dear oil ?????
: Cheesy:

To you, nothing directly ... but to nature, a lot ...
It takes that for some people to change their behavior ...
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 05/06/08, 17:34

you're right : Cheesy:
strongly that I run on electricity supplied by good old coal-fired power plants which we know pollute very little : Cheesy:
there will even be electric tractors to spread the fertilizers so as to have a lot of biofuels .... : Cheesy:

the fuel price would rather be a brake
the more expensive the oil is the less it is necessary to improve the alternative solutions so that they are profitable so why invest in research ????
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/06/08, 17:48

Toutafé ... the electric car for Mr Toutlemonde is currently pipo for 2 reasons, an economic one technological:

a) if you believe that theState will tolerate a kWh electric road at the same price as the domestic you dream. We have seen what the stuffing of the CNG compressor at home gave (abandoned).

It will be the same for electric cars and oil tankers (although going to the nuclear lobby) will not be competed for a long time by electricity per useful kWh 10 to 20 times cheaper (assuming that a vehicle competing with the oil vehicle one day ...).

For the moment electric vehicles are so pitiful that for the State it is as if the shortfall does not exist (it gains moreover on VAT and maintenance).

b) the miracle of the electric car will not happen until we have invented the Mister Fusion, in other words ca:

: Mrgreen:

c) hybridization is only "effective" in town or rather when there are many phases of acceleration and deceleration, it is therefore in town that a hybrid is of great interest but it is also in the city that cars should be banned ... or rather the private car.

The viable and sustainable solutions are 3rd generation biofuels; solar hydrogen (even if it means making electricity via a heat pump with) and ... abstinence ... A word to the wise.
Last edited by Christophe the 12 / 06 / 08, 16: 53, 1 edited once.
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 05/06/08, 17:56

no need for myface : Cheesy: we now know that christophe is a fundamentalist catholic pronouncing abstinence : Cheesy:

imagine i market pantones : Cheesy:
at $ 135 a barrel I sell it for € 100 that's what the customer agrees to pay for its profitability ...
at $ 200 I sell it for 150 : Cheesy: because it becomes more profitable without modifying anything : Cheesy:
I did not have research costs and my margin explodes : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/06/08, 18:01

yourface yourself! : Mrgreen:

Your reasoning is good reasoning from little smart guy playing with the capitalism system ...
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 05/06/08, 18:05

no it is the reasoning based on growth and productivity gain advocated by our policies ....
you are not going to tell me they are wrong : Cheesy:
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 05/06/08, 18:46

I looked ..... GM never said it was shutting down the SUV ...
but he said he was closing 4 factories ....

they have wanted to transfer everything to mexico for a long time but politically it was not correct .... it would have given a very bad image ....
there they close to defend the planet and everyone applauds ....
communication is beautiful ..... : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/06/08, 19:30

georges100 wrote:you are not going to tell me they are wrong : Cheesy:

Sorry if...
0 x