New LPG-electric hybrid vehicle

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

New LPG-electric hybrid vehicle

by martien007 » 29/05/08, 00:10

0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 30/05/08, 08:49

Very good but here most of the car parks are prohibited for LPG vehicles, it is marked at the entrance. This is a big problem knowing that hybrid vehicles are especially interesting in urban areas.
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 31/05/08, 00:15

Leo Maximus wrote:Very good but here most of the car parks are prohibited for LPG vehicles, it is marked at the entrance. This is a big problem knowing that hybrid vehicles are especially interesting in urban areas.

Where is it here?

In France there are 1800 LPG pumps, those who run on this fuel must be able to park. I did not notice this kind of sign.

You should ask did67, he comes to equip his vehicle with LPG in Alsace, and Citroën, which has also been racing with LPG for a long time.
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 31/05/08, 00:41

the tunnel at the entrance to rouen is prohibited for LPG vehicles ... but no problem with a petrol tanker truck much less dangerous than 40 liters of LPG : Cheesy:
these are often municipal by-laws or signs installed by the parking lot owners ...
the legality is doubtful ... how a mayor can contradict the services of the state which them consider these vehicles completely safe ????,
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 31/05/08, 01:31

Leo Maximus wrote:Very good but here most of the car parks are prohibited for LPG vehicles, it is marked at the entrance. This is a big problem knowing that hybrid vehicles are especially interesting in urban areas.
Only vehicles sold before January 1, 2000 were affected by this ban (before the requirement to have a safety valve on the tank).
The Decree of April 3, 2000 says that this type of sign must bear the words: "Prohibition of access to LPG vehicles not fitted with valve".
In addition, a Decree of October 31, 2000 instituted the compliance requirement (valve) for all vehicles fitted with LPG before September 30, 2002.

Concluison: this type of panel is today completely abusive and perfectly illegal ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 31/05/08, 01:51

Even if I don't drive LPG the sign in Rouen has always annoyed me : Cheesy:
in the tunnel I found myself one day next to a truck registered in an eastern country ... the tractor had its tanks of diesel, but there were also tanks in front of the wheels of the semi !!! obviously kle dude wanted to take advantage of the low prices in the east at maimum ...
I find it definitely more dangerous than LPG ...
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 31/05/08, 10:33

martien007 wrote:

Where is it here?

In France there are 1800 LPG pumps, those who run on this fuel must be able to park. I did not notice this kind of sign.

You should ask did67, he comes to equip his vehicle with LPG in Alsace, and Citroën, which has also been racing with LPG for a long time.

I committed a mistake by omission, my apologies Martien007, I meant parking lots underground. In town, I only use underground car parks and there is always the "LPG prohibited" sign.
Last edited by Leo Maximus the 31 / 05 / 08, 10: 45, 2 edited once.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 31/05/08, 10:39

Woodcutter wrote:Only vehicles sold before January 1, 2000 were affected by this ban (before the requirement to have a safety valve on the tank).
The Decree of April 3, 2000 says that this type of sign must bear the words: "Prohibition of access to LPG vehicles not fitted with valve".
In addition, a Decree of October 31, 2000 instituted the compliance requirement (valve) for all vehicles fitted with LPG before September 30, 2002.

Concluison: this type of panel is today completely abusive and perfectly illegal...

Then something should be done, act.

Speaking of tunnel, the Mont-Blanc tunnel disaster was caused by a truck transporting margarine and flour, not LPG.
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 31/05/08, 12:21

Leo Maximus wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:Only vehicles sold before January 1, 2000 were affected by this ban (before the requirement to have a safety valve on the tank).

Concluison: this type of panel is today completely abusive and perfectly illegal...

Then something should be done, act.

Speaking of tunnel, the Mont-Blanc tunnel disaster was caused by a truck transporting margarine and flour, not LPG.

Since the new safety valve was installed on French vehicles in 2000, there has been no explosion of LPG vehicles.

Moreover, France was a special case in Europe, the valve was triggered too late, while in Italy and the Netherlands they had this "new" valve for 20 years.

cocorico, feet in the sea. : Idea:

Remember the accident on the A10 motorway where trucks and cars got stuck and everything caught fire, yet the tanks were filled with gasoline and diesel.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 31/05/08, 14:36

I did not have the courage or the time to read in http://www.senat.fr all texts relating to LPG, but there is no (AMHA) hostility to LPG. There is a remark: "LPG is a thing of the past" based on a study by ADEME, too much CO2.

Hybridization may be a new chance for LPG but Hyundai is very good at announcements, they have been saying for years that they are much better than Toyota, but nothing more.
0 x