Breakdown of cars by type in France - statistics

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Breakdown of cars by type in France - statistics

by Christophe » 27/03/08, 13:52

I'm looking to find the breakdown by type of car (small, city, medium, 4x4 / SUV ...) for the France of the existing road fleet.

My intention, you may have guessed it, is to calculate the impact of each type of vehicle to show that we are clearly mistaken in targeting by firing on 4x4s and SUVs (but it is so good for morale to find worse than that ...) ... but if it's an aberation to use this type of vehicle in town ... : Evil:

On this site: http://www.ccfa.fr/ we find new registration statistics but not the existing fleet (and I have not really wanted to add everything for 20 years :D ).

Example for 2007 for France:

KK1 would have already seen information on the rolling stock so?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/03/08, 14:36

I just found another doc by the ADEME very interesting but which also concerns THAT new cars ... nothing on the existing fleet ...

Examples of sympatic and econological data from the doc:

Download here: https://www.econologie.com/les-ventes-de ... -3762.html
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 27/03/08, 15:03

To make a fair calculation it would be necessary to know the average number of kilometers traveled per year for each type of vehicle and if you find it send me a mars-e-mail.

for the rolling stock the only ones to know it are the prefectures, but they have the gray cards of the vehicles supposed to be still in circulation, but how many really circulate? cars of retired people driving more or less eg.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/03/08, 15:15

Arf :)

I do not want to make a precise assessment but by taking the average km of the French it will already give a global idea ...

As with all statistics or surveys it gives an idea ... we could never have the reality car by car obviously ...

I was also thinking of the CG precisely as a "source" of information ... it must therefore have figures somewhere ... but are they public?
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Distribution of cars by type in France - statistics

by bamboo » 27/03/08, 15:26

Christophe wrote:[...] show that we are clearly mistaken in targeting by shooting 4x4s and SUVs (but it is so good for the morale to find a worse one than that ...) ... but if it is an aberation to use this type of vehicle in town ... : Evil:

Yes and no: I've been using your posts a lot lately, so I'm balancing :?

It is obvious that it is not enough to tap on your neighbors to become a good econologist.
Admittedly, 4x4s are still few in number, but they tend to multiply, so their share in pollution is increasing.
It is therefore also worth remembering (as you did, but I would even say highlight) that driving a 4x4 in a standard town / countryside is total environmental absurdity (from a "pollution" point of view, but also with respect to surrounding vehicles / drivers).

So my conclusion, a little provocative, would be: let's not just type on 4x4s, but let's tap on them anyway : Lol:

More seriously: everyone is responsible for pollution. Everyone must make efforts, at their own level, with their own means, to reduce their own pollution.
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 27/03/08, 20:12

Yes, because in the disinformation category, the Pigeot ad "20% of cars, the oldest, are responsible for 80% of emissions" seems to me as serious as it is far-fetched.

In addition, they do not speak of gray energy.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/03/08, 20:38

indy49 wrote:So my conclusion, a little provocative, would be: let's not just type on 4x4s, but let's tap on them anyway : Lol:

We just type ON 4x4 or the plane (scapegoats see https://www.econologie.com/forums/ecologie-d ... t5084.html )...so where are the "green" anti oil boiler campaigns?

However, in heating, there are more more affordable alternatives! A roof not?

Arthur_64 wrote:"20% of cars, the oldest, are responsible for 80% of emissions"

Well, it's simple: manufacturers have NEVER considered CO2 as a polluting emission ...
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 28/03/08, 10:13

Christophe wrote:However, in heating, there are more more affordable alternatives! A roof not?

This is of course true. It is necessary also act on it.
But if the 4x4 progression curve continued its path, these vehicles would become the majority tomorrow and would therefore be a source of great pollution.
So it's not useless to try to reduce their market share today.

Christophe wrote:Well, it's simple: manufacturers have NEVER considered CO2 as a polluting emission ...

And the manufacturers want to sell. If they have a stew to sell, they will look for arguments to sell it ...
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 28/03/08, 11:41

And the manufacturers want to sell. If they have a stew to sell, they will look for arguments to sell it ...

Commercial argument is that. The new argument is the CO2 in which we put everything, roughly the pollution and above all without increasing the cost of CO2 to build a new vehicle. There is even an amalgamation between the hole in the ozone layer and the greenhouse effect due to CO2.

I just read this Contrary to popular belief, private vehicles represent only 12% of greenhouse gas emissions in Europe - read in a local newspaper.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/03/08, 12:01

martien007 wrote:I just read this Contrary to popular belief, private vehicles represent only 12% of greenhouse gas emissions in Europe - read in a local newspaper.

Whoops!!

Sorry I insist but your heating generally emits more CO2 per year than your or even your cars ...

Here are some figures that reflect: https://www.econologie.com/emissions-de- ... -3761.html
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."