LPG

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
laurent_caen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

LPG

by laurent_caen » 01/06/07, 21:05

Hello everyone
just a little question:
why in the collective imagination, LPG is it more environmentally friendly than gasoline or diesel, while it rejects as much or more of these CO2 2 engines (especially diesel, simply visit the site ademe to realize)?
Is there qqes years, the GPL was really greener than others, and we kept that idea in mind?
thank you to raise this question because I admit that it makes me quite puzzled ...

a second ptite issue in passing, quite anecdotal one:
I have a diesel 309 diesel; at the red light, to consume less, must I stay in neutral or 1re depressed clutch pedal?
thank you in advance
good night
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

Re: GPL

by zac » 01/06/07, 21:13

laurent_caen wrote:I have a diesel 309 diesel; at the red light, to consume less, must I stay in neutral or 1re depressed clutch pedal?
thank you in advance
good night

Hello

stalled, power consumption will not change but you do not stop your boufferas clutch : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
laurent_caen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by laurent_caen » 01/06/07, 21:30

ok thanks for that first answer 8)
0 x
delnoram

Re: GPL

by delnoram » 01/06/07, 21:53

zac wrote:stalled, power consumption will not change but you do not stop your boufferas clutch : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

+1
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
laurent_caen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by laurent_caen » 01/06/07, 23:17

and as for the first question ... 8)
0 x
laurent_caen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by laurent_caen » 03/06/07, 09:51

nobody has an idea ...? : Cry:
0 x
zac

by zac » 03/06/07, 12:00

Hello

good we will stick to it.

on vehicle usage differences should not be blatant.

But before the LPG was burning, in flares said LPG over the oil wells in total loss.: Evil:

now it is used to propel vehicles. So double gains less oil consumed and CO² rejected that serves something. : Lol:

Voila, I hope I answered your question ais !!!

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
laurent_caen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by laurent_caen » 03/06/07, 20:05

thank you for this answer which enlightens me well! So roughly, if I understood correctly, the "ecological" character of LPG would come from the fact that originally, it came from the upgrading of gas from flares; this being the case, I suppose that now, the gas from the flares is valorized in different ways (in particular in electricity) and that the LPG does not come only from the valuation of the flares but also from the distillation of the oil, as for other fuels, n 'is this not ? on the other hand, on the ADEME site comparing the environmental impacts of different fuels in transport, it is stated that the production of LPG generates more CO2 than gasoline and especially diesel; this would come from the fact that the energy required for the distillation of LPG is greater than for gasoline or diesel, but tell me if I am wrong?
0 x
le_courtois
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by le_courtois » 04/06/07, 23:08

Hi,
I'm no expert, but as owner of an LPG, I read a little (especially when it's not). I'll try to do this from memory .:
More CO2, yeah, that's talking, but apparently, much less CO and NOx. No micro-particles, ...
Regarding CO2, according to my mechanic, this would be more due to the difficulty of adjusting an LPG engine. Done well (the adjustment) the COx and NOx emissions would be lower than in a gasoline. Unfortunately, it would seem that this "well done" is rare or difficult to do.
Here, hoping not to have too much nonsense said.
Gilles.
Edit: Of course, here I did not consider the entire production line. (Mea maxima, ...)
0 x