Inauguration of the Perpignan-Luxembourg rail motorway

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Inauguration of the Perpignan-Luxembourg rail motorway

by bham » 29/03/07, 16:59

See http://www.orange.fr/bin/frame.cgi?u=ht ... .orange.fr click on the Infographics section on the right, I can't get the direct link.
March 29, 2007: entry into service of a Luxembourg / Perpignan rail motorway via Dijon and Lyon dedicated to heavy goods vehicles: train of 20 wagons planned for 40 semi-trailers, 1 round trip daily and 15 planned, cheaper than by road , faster and less polluting: 80% less CO2.
Well then, things are moving a bit anyway and in a good way. : Cheesy:
0 x
frog
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by frog » 29/03/07, 22:42

Supporting piggybacking is great, but how and to what extent?
SNCF's freight activity is in deficit and setbacks accumulate for private carriers: schedules with variable geometry, deadlines not respected.
Road transport is more attractive for companies because it is more flexible and safer.
During the 1999 storm, dozens of rural stations were set up to export timber from the affected forests. The experience was cut short given the difficulties with the SNCF.
0 x
frog
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 30/03/07, 09:11

frog wrote:Supporting piggybacking is great, but how and to what extent?
SNCF's freight activity is in deficit and setbacks accumulate for private carriers: schedules with variable geometry, deadlines not respected.
Road transport is more attractive for companies because it is more flexible and safer.
During the 1999 storm, dozens of rural stations were set up to export timber from the affected forests. The experience was cut short given the difficulties with the SNCF.

The problem is not the same. If you have been to see the link that I indicate above, you could understand that it is a question of channeling part of the international road traffic, France being a hub in the matter since it is in the middle of exchanges between the countries of the north and those of the south. So by channeling this forwarding traffic, you relieve the highways, you remove pollution, while waiting to tax catastrophic transport operations in ecological matters, style shrimp transport from Denmark to Morocco and back.
Now, concerning the freight activity of SNCF, it is something else, I recently read that they had a restructuring plan but it is clear that the work to be done is considerable.
0 x
frog
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by frog » 31/03/07, 10:35

Thank you, I understood the interests of piggyback.
My question concerned the structural inability of FRAnce to have viable projects.
0 x
frog
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 31/03/07, 14:58

So by channeling this forwarding traffic, you relieve the highways, you remove pollution, while waiting to tax catastrophic transport operations in ecological matters, style shrimp transport from Denmark to Morocco and back.

... and in addition, it is faster by train (this is what I saw on TV news).

In any case, the highways are saturated to death by trucks and will be there more and more; then it is necessary to make an nth way? NO ==> piggyback or stop the transport bullshit for nothing = manufacture near the place of consumption and also stop with zero stock in assembly factories. TOO MUCH C4 IS TOO MUCH : Evil:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 31/03/07, 16:53

+1

there is really abuse with road transport ... in addition the infrastructures in certain departments no longer follow the increase in traffic ...

when do we become reasonable, huh?
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."