The abandonment of the fossil fuel combustion engine

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
maziere00

The abandonment of the fossil fuel combustion engine

by maziere00 » 16/03/07, 11:01

Hello,

there's been something in my head for a long time and nobody talks about it in the media, so I'm saying it here ...

Why not abandon the manufacture of vehicles using petroleum.

We know that in 10 years there will be no more on Earth. We know it pollutes. Prices are increasing every day. Some countries are exploited because of this resource. The PSA boss said the manufacturers were largely capable of producing vehicles with other means of propulsion.

If we stop this production for cleaner engines, we will generate a new economy much more productive, healthier with another way of approaching things, moreover the governments will be able to collect the surplus of the production costs by incentive bonuses .

It is so simple but it is better to pollute ....
0 x
Christophe

Re: The abandonment of the fossil fuel combustion engine

by Christophe » 16/03/07, 11:33

maziere00 wrote:We know that in 10 years there will be no more on Earth.

100 years you mean?

maziere00 wrote:The PSA boss said the manufacturers were largely capable of producing vehicles with other means of propulsion.

Producing an ok vehicle ... providing the "customer" with "alternative" fuel is far from ok.

maziere00 wrote:It is so simple but it is better to pollute ....

Ben voui it is more profitable ... especially when the companies which "depollute" belong to the same trust as those which "pollute" ... : Evil:
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The abandonment of the fossil fuel combustion engine

by the middle » 16/03/07, 13:38

maziere00 wrote:Hello,

We know that in 10 years there will be no more on Earth. We know it pollutes. Prices are increasing every day. Some countries are exploited because of this resource. The PSA boss said the manufacturers were largely capable of producing vehicles with other means of propulsion.

It is so simple but it is better to pollute ....

I saw on TV 5 Monde, a program, which explained long and wide, that Canada is going to develop the extraction of the oil sands, in order to supply the USA with oil, for 50 years, and that does not matter ecological consequences ....
It's not over, oil ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 16/03/07, 14:25

In 1910 in the USA, there were more electric cars in circulation than petroleum cars ...

No need for the boss of PSA, to know that we can drive other than petroleum.

Some are already doing it on this forum, others do it without going on any forum...

I sometimes see passing in Dordogne a retired couple who runs on gas with an old army jeep pulling a trailer loaded with gas and the wood reserve. : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/03/07, 14:43

Does driving on electricity when 80% of its electricity is made with coal make sense (from a CO2 point of view of course?)? When we talk about clean cars, we must ALWAYS take into account the overall balance of the energy vector.
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."