The "recumbent" bike .... do you know?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

The "recumbent" bike .... do you know?

by jean63 » 16/02/07, 19:02

Although I have already seen it on the road, it is thanks (!!) to my chronic low back pain and Targol that I discovered this INCREDIBLE mode of transport: the recumbent bike ==>

http://users.skynet.be/ligfiets/A1C.html

It is obvious that we gain 25% in aerodynamics compared to a "classic" bike. I will inquire about the price and the disassembly to transport it on a bike rack in the back of a car.

I see a machine like that with an electric motor because I still have some doubts to climb the hills at high percentage ...... but this site is very well informed ......, I will see further.

Who has ever used this kind of transport in this forum ?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
delnoram

by delnoram » 16/02/07, 19:50

0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
pollux
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pollux » 16/02/07, 23:17

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

long live the recumbent bike !!! there is no better way of transportation.
although ... in fact there is better: the velomobile !!!http://www.velomobile.net/

Pollux. green Parisian lying.
0 x
criticism is necessary, but the invention is vital because in any invention there is a criticism of the convention ...
Pyvesd
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pyvesd » 17/02/07, 01:22

+1 : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
use in town almost exclusively
Optima Lynx
price: basic at € 1500 and it goes up to more than 5000 pr for all-carbon track VCs
mine and the basic one and suits me very well
after you have a second-hand market ... limited but it has the merit of existing!
only 25% by air? that surprises me, i thought ct bcp + !!
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 17/02/07, 01:27

The closed all-weather glass model, I like it; there is a way to make the cabin yourself with fiberglass + polyester resin (although carbon, it must be lighter !!!).
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
pollux
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pollux » 17/02/07, 14:21

I am going to transform my optima rhino tricycle into a glazed velomobile ts temps ...
you can make it yourself using the association's mold, and it costs around € 350 in materials.
combined with electric assistance it will be hell this thing.
0 x
criticism is necessary, but the invention is vital because in any invention there is a criticism of the convention ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 17/02/07, 16:33

Pollux wrote:I am going to transform my optima rhino tricycle into a glazed velomobile ts temps ...
you can make it yourself using the association's mold, and it costs around € 350 in materials.
combined with electric assistance it will be hell this thing.

what association? a mold which makes it possible to make a complete hull which includes all the machine?

how heavy is this shell? and what autonomy will you have with the battery before recharging? how long to recharge? thank you.

Seen for the association ... but it is in the North !! how do you get the mold when you live in Auvergne as a bibi? : Lol:

Another thing: from a security point of view, how do you do in the middle of cars and 4X4 so as not to get smashed, do vehicles move away much more than bikes? do you have a rotating beacon on a mast like tractors and other backhoes ??? : Lol:
Last edited by jean63 the 18 / 02 / 07, 14: 48, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 17/02/07, 18:57

I see, with the return of good weather, we are winding up our weapons ... :D

but : Evil: I have still not been offered a good solution to transport my ladder ...... :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 17/02/07, 19:29

elephant wrote:but : Evil: I have still not been offered a good solution to transport my ladder ...... :D

outsourced :P :P :P

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 18/02/07, 11:42

Pollux wrote:: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

long live the recumbent bike !!! there is no better way of transportation.
although ... in fact there is better: the velomobile !!!http://www.velomobile.net/

Pollux. green Parisian lying.

Long live the sport, yes ... but
In Belgium (Walloon), there is a lack of track reserved for two wheels, and the problem with the "recumbent" bike is that it is not very visible to motorists, hence the risk of serious accident. ...
You have to think about it.
But here, people who go to work by bike, receive a tax premium! Yes Yes!!
0 x