France inter: emission on transport

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

France inter: emission on transport

by bham » 07/02/07, 06:46

In "there if I am there" by Daniel Mermet on France inter, broadcast on February 6, 2007, it was about transport. Where we learn, among other things, that a German potato will go to southern Italy to be peeled, then return to Germany before being eaten in sauerkraut, for example. She will have seen the country, made 3000 kms. Or this shrimp caught in Denmark, which will be shelled in Morocco before returning to Denmark and being dispatched to all the countries of the EU.
Curious economic system which finds it more profitable to make return journeys per kilometer to goods rather than to resort to local employment even, at worst, than to set up an automatic peeling chain.

Link to the program
0 x
bolton069
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by bolton069 » 07/02/07, 10:00

Hi, I posted something a while ago, a personal experience about wandering shrimp, which is what you're talking about. : Shock:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/les-crevettes-globe-trotters-t2838.html

: Evil:
@+
0 x