Continuous integration with the Siemens VDO eCorner ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Continuous integration with the Siemens VDO eCorner ...

by Woodcutter » 19/09/06, 14:11

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/06, 14:37

Waaw it's beautiful!

Hold back the CAP for another 15 years ... 10 years ago it was for in 10 years ... pfff

On the other hand it comforts me a little: I thought that the G system of doping in water was developing slowly but finally we are in the "times" : Cheesy:

ps: with this thing our cars could look like autoboxes right? :D
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 19/09/06, 15:31

Christophe wrote:[...] ps: with this thing our cars could look like autoboxes right? :D
What is "zotobox"?

Otherwise, I find that technically it is interesting and the 15 years concern the integrated electric shock absorbers, not the heat pumps (this is for next year, in test in real conditions on captive fleets) : Lol: : Wink:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 19/09/06, 16:19

The "Drive by wire" (replacement of the mechanical elements by electrical impulses), a priori, I am more for: the rather significant weight gain that this could bring would not be without impact on the consumption.

On the other hand, when this article talks about Airbus as a precursor of these technologies, it forgets to specify one fundamental thing: redundancy.

In the A380 currently developed, for all "critical" controls (control surfaces, flaps, etc.), there are up to 4 redundant electrical circuits supplemented by 2 hydraulic circuits. In other words: the commands are sixfold.

I am a little afraid that our dear manufacturers, for reasons of economy, do not take so many precautions ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 19/09/06, 16:40

Hello
On the other hand, when this article talks about Airbus as a precursor of these technologies, it forgets to specify one fundamental thing: redundancy.

I do not know in which branch you work, but when I worked in the factory we were equipped with the last programmable automatons of Siemens and it is only redundancy
this makes very heavy programs simple for the keyboard operator but what complexity blocks what heaviness just to turn on a light on a desk. in reality the program is mounted by copy pasted with blocks already programmed, but do not delve into a block you will lose your Latin. but with internet it repairs a steelworks of North America in Germany, except that with the jet lag the good technicians are on duty during the day and it is the night here ...

Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/06, 16:46

Woodcutter wrote:What is "zotobox"?

Uh the "bumper cars"? : Cheesy:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 19/09/06, 16:55

Andre wrote:I do not know in which branch you work, but when I worked in the factory we were equipped with the last programmable automatons of Siemens and it is only redundancy.

Hi Andrew.

I worked on the avionics of the A380 at one time and a member of my family is still working on this aircraft.

When I was talking about redundancy, I was talking about redundancy in the wiring: if there is only one cable, the sensors, calculators may be redundant, in the event of disconnection of a terminal, power cut a wire or even electromagnetic disturbances too intense (*), the signal no longer passes and the driver may brake or turn the steering wheel, nothing happens.

(*) About electro-magnetic disturbances, a friend who owns a Picasso told me that he had, one day, had a general breakdown on his vehicle when he came to look for it in a parking lot: nothing more worked. He turned the key: full black on the dashboard.
He called Citroën who asked him "Isn't there a high voltage line or something in the area?"
His car being actually parked just under a line, he followed the advice of the Citroën employee, and then pushed his car by hand 100m and everything started to work again ... Surprising isn't it?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 19/09/06, 17:03

Targol wrote:The "Drive by wire" (replacement of the mechanical elements by electrical impulses), a priori, I am more for: the rather significant weight gain that this could bring would not be without impact on the consumption.
It also brings less energy expenditure because there are less losses, for example when you control an electrically assisted steering compared to a hydraulically assisted steering (loss in the belt, the pump and the jacks).

Targol wrote:On the other hand, when this article talks about Airbus as a precursor of these technologies, it forgets to specify one fundamental thing: redundancy.

In the A380 currently developed, for all "critical" controls (control surfaces, flaps, etc.), there are up to 4 redundant electrical circuits supplemented by 2 hydraulic circuits. In other words: the commands are sixfold.

I am a little afraid that our dear manufacturers, for reasons of economy, do not take so many precautions ...
Well anyway for now they don't even have the right!
It is also true that this article is a bit light when it draws a parallel with aeronautics (where the controls are not at all the same) by saying "it is reliable ..."

The only example currently in service of "by wire" technologies in automobiles on safety devices are the brakes of certain Mercedes coupes where there is no longer any mechanical connection between the driver's foot and the brake caliper.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/09/06, 23:33

your Picasso story doesn't surprise me at all.

I just signed up for a course in automotive electronics.
One of the first things we were taught:

1 °) always disconnect the vehicle battery to recharge it
2 °) watch out for starting fortunes with cables and clamps

on modern vehicles: µprocessors are really fragile (and again, we are out of the era of TTL circuits in the 70s - 74XX series)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Other

by Other » 19/09/06, 23:45

Hello
I did not enter the redandonce, (j, associated too quickly to my courses on Siemens)
In aviation standards are not dictated by the manufacturers but by the civil aviation department and it is true that often we double. for a piston engine you need a double ignition double magnetos double spark plug, and on transport aircraft the instrumentation is also double
A Navro piper takes a pilot and a co-pilot even if there is only one passenger! when it is a robbery renumerate.
For the air bus it is the programmable automaton technology, so the commands go through the computer and even if the pilot pulls on the sleeve l, the computer decides according to several flight parameters if it delivers the command from the stick to the rudder . So the pilot does actions but the computer does the rest,
all the latest fighter planes if there was no computer to fly them they simply would not fly there is no pilot able to make the corrections fast enough to keep the plane in flight in certain configuration.
For the Air bus it is avant-garde technology and I know two pilots who use it in their work they appreciate this plane
it is one of the rare aircraft capable of hovering over hundreds of km and landing without an engine.
Ct Pichier succeeded in this maneuver in Acores and saved all his passengers despite the dirtying companion that followed on his pilot activity (from the fields before) and that he did not follow the procedure in the event of a major leak of fuel, he achieved a feat. an air bus of the same company, lost in flight all the moving part of the rudder in flight and the pilots managed to return without damage. This is used for a few things to recruit pilots who have lived in harsh conditions of the bush ..

It's not just aviation that puts restrictions on computers
in industrial ovens you can do all the checks and regulation with a programmable automaton but you have to install a duplicate circuit with a separate fillage for all the safety systems, this is not to accept that it passes through a computer. You have to have worked on the programs to see that it's normal to do so.
Automobiles do have a mechanical emergency brake ...

Andre
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."