Biomass ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Biomass ...

by Woodcutter » 19/05/06, 18:21

The use of biomass (especially that considered waste) can provide fuel:

http://www.auto-innovations.com/actualite/729.html
0 x
lio74
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Biomass ...

by lio74 » 20/05/06, 18:39

Woodcutter wrote:The use of biomass (especially that considered waste) can provide fuel:

hummm we will see what it gives ... I have friends from the chest (esia, school of Annecy) who participate ... I look forward to their return.

otherwise I had heard a bit about looking for masters (BAC + 4 and + 5) in NRJ Renewable ... offers something in Toulouse just ... but it's more for heating homes with septic tank . We can do methane with septic tanks :!:
@+
0 x
Christophe

Re: Biomass ...

by Christophe » 20/05/06, 21:48

lio74 wrote:.. but it's more for the heating of houses with septic tank. We can do methane with septic tanks :!: ¨

Bizare that such projects exist ... the energy field of an average family is still very low (roughly equivalent to 200L per year of large fuel maxi). So I still have some doubts about the "profitability" of such an installation ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 21/05/06, 11:32

In addition to septic tanks, biogas degradable biogas (including paper and cardboard packaging) that is usually thrown in the trash can be considered. You can also turn plastic waste into fuel. Add to that a lot of solar collectors, we can arrive at interesting results.
0 x
lio74
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by lio74 » 21/05/06, 11:58

Cuicui wrote:In addition to septic tanks, biogas degradable biogas (including paper and cardboard packaging) that is usually thrown in the trash can be considered. If we also convert plastic waste into fuel, we can come up with interesting results.

yes ... totally agree with you, I even think that we must add bacteria :!: :?: to have a good production to heat during the winter.

For Chris: I do not know how much an average family consumes fuel a year to heat (1000L, 2000L, 5000L .... ???) so the 200L produced by a normal pit is not enough!

Anyway, I was saying that I had read something by looking for a continuation for my training and I came across this master CEWB (Clean Energy from Waste and Biomass). This training would make it possible to size such a facility and to carry out research on renewable energies and biomass.
Go take a look if you're interested:
http://www.cler.org/info/article.php3?id_article=586

@ ++

PS: by the way if you did not know the site CLER.ORG you can add it in the links of éconologie.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 21/05/06, 19:51

It looks very interesting this Master!
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."