The A380: a new concord for AIRBUS?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

The A380: a new concord for AIRBUS?

by Christophe » 12/04/06, 21:38

http://www.arte-tv.com/fr/histoire-societe/1171686.html

I quote :

"After the Concorde's inaugural flight on March 2, 1969, many airlines dream of acquiring one. But, very greedy in kerosene, the Franco-British supersonic was hit hard by the oil crisis of 1973."

Whatever we say the situation could be the same for the A380 in the event of a major (even minor) crisis ...
0 x
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 12/04/06, 22:41

Compare what is comparable : Mrgreen:

At the time, the direct competitor (the 747) consumed as much for 4 times more people and a weight of the order of 4 to 5 times more than the match.

I did not find the specific consumption between the A380 and the 747, ...

some info:
http://www.aeroweb-fr.net/dossiers/dossier,43,airbus-a380.php#IV
http://ufcna.com/AIRBUS-A380.html
http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/label_france/58/fr/16.html

Otherwise, the Americans participated in the weak diffusion of the concorde by withdrawing their intentions of orders whereas they had not dared to engage in the way of the civil supersonic ... The oil cracker finishing the work ... :|
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)
i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong
ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/04/06, 22:44

According to Airbus, the Cs (km.passenger) of the A380 are the lowest of an airliner ... still it is necessary to fill the plane to 100% ...

With a new oil crisis it would be the entire economy that could suffer ... so travel to Tahiti too.
0 x
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 12/04/06, 22:48

Econology wrote:According to Airbus, the Cs (km.passenger) of the A380 are the lowest of an airliner ... still it is necessary to fill the plane to 100% ...

With a new oil crisis it would be the entire economy that could suffer ... so travel to Tahiti too.

: Cry: Vi : Cry:
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)

Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 13/04/06, 03:59

Hello
The performance of this plane is mainly due to its aerodynamic qualities and the performance of its engines which make it economical, the size of the plane means that the passage consumption ratio decreases with its number of passengers carried.
It is not an oil crisis that can threaten this plane
the biggest danger is the testing period, it is not necessary that the prototypes of preserie undergo an accident, the tests must be done with great caution, but to make good tests it is sometimes necessary to go to limits take risks, if we remember the supersonic Tuplew which crashed, during a demonstration a little too demanding for the plane, or even that of the Airbus in demonstration in Alsace, this kind of accident can put an end to all program.
We must also remember that a single crash of a concorde put an end to this plane (I hope they have kept a beautiful bird to put in a museum)
We always crash an airplane when the pilot wants to do what the airplane is unable to do.
The tests always start politely, then we are on the limits of the machine is that we verify the simulation. with reality.

Andre
0 x
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 13/04/06, 07:55

I watched arte last night
very good report and it made me happy to see this beautiful white bird
but if I understood correctly the price of the return trip to France America it was still not giving (6000 €) unless there was an error
and say that if this p ... American plane hadn't lost this piece of junk (one more counterfeit) it might still fly
personally I could never have afforded a flight like this but it must be nice to fly at 2 times the speed of sound
we no longer hear about the Airbus A380 or its tests
When is the first commercial flight?
0 x
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 13/04/06, 08:03

rezut wrote:...

we no longer hear about the Airbus A380 or its tests
When is the first commercial flight?

Well I see it pass regularly ...

It has an inimitable sound, a low and powerful growl, not unpleasant ...
I was surprised to see him last August during takeoffs: the 320 and the Belouga made more noise than him on blagnac. :P
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)

Christophe

by Christophe » 13/04/06, 09:18

rpsantina wrote:It has an inimitable sound, a low and powerful growl, not unpleasant ...

Are you talking about my VFR? : Cheesy:

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/04/06, 09:21

Andre wrote:or the Airbus demonstration in Alsace, this kind of accident can put an end to the whole program.

Well, proof that no ... the Habsheim and Mont St Odile crashes (2 A320 crash 50 km away ...) did not affect the career of the 320 .... but it must say that the second case is still not resolved .... This explains this? :|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/04/06, 09:24

Andre wrote:We must also remember that a single crash of a concorde put an end to this plane (I hope they have kept a beautiful bird to put in a museum)

No, he was already encountering serious financial difficulties ... due in particular to oil + high and astronomical maintenance .... The crash was the catalyst ... the drop of water ...

I had the chance to see one (from Air France at the tarmac) in Roissy before going to see Pere Pantone ....
0 x