Europe will need 15 times more charging stations by 2030

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Europe will need 15 times more charging stations by 2030

by jean.caissepas » 16/01/20, 10:50

0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
Christophe

Re: 15 times more charging stations will be needed in Europe by 2030

by Christophe » 16/01/20, 11:24

Until 2030 and to talk about what is close to my home, most of the more than 149 charging stations installed in Ardennes Métropole are unused 95% of the time ...

It must be said that there are 149 Nexans terminals for 32 carsharing vehicles ... They have seen it big!

The fact that there is a Nexans factory in the agglomeration of municipalities has no doubt played a role ... : Cheesy:

https://ardenne-metropole.fr/index.php/ ... ectriques/

0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 16/01/20, 12:43

jean.caissepas wrote:It is not won !
http://www.avem.fr/actualite-il-faudra- ... -7839.html

Interesting. They arrive at a ratio of around one public charging point for 14 to 15VE (plus of course a lot more private points, home, work). I had no real idea on this ratio that we are going to assume " optimized ".
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/20, 12:58

Well in the community of Ardenne Métropole commune must be at a ratio of 1 terminal for 1 EV ... There is room! : Cheesy:

Why choose 15 ratio? This corresponds to 1 recharge every 2 weeks, therefore assuming that the EV has 400 km of autonomy, this makes an annual km of 400/2 * 52 = 10 km ...

Yes it is consistent ... The concern will be to manage peak periods ... and the supply of electrons from fast-charging stations ...

The rental offer in the Ardennes metropolitan area is very attractive today! For those who do not have a car it is frankly competitive!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/20, 13:03

Well, it's not billed by the km but by the hour: https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr ... 54782.html

The rates are intended to be incentive, from 7 euros the first hour then declining. A subscription principle is also provided, which brings the hourly rate below 5 euros. Note a 10-hour discovery offer for 40 euros.

Driving at 50 km / h you therefore have a real price per km (all inclusive) of 40/500 = 0.08 € / km ... Unbeatable!
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 16/01/20, 13:05

Christophe wrote:Why choose 15 ratio? This corresponds to 1 recharge every 2 weeks, therefore assuming that the EV has 400 km of autonomy, that makes an annual km of 400/2 * 52 = 10 km ... Yes, it is consistent ... to manage peak periods ... and the supply of electrons from fast-charging stations ...

You can't calculate like that, the vast majority of recharges are done and will be done at home or at work.

The study can be downloaded here: https://www.transportenvironment.org/pu ... -need-2030
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/20, 13:09

It is an approach which says that the ratio of 15 (= 1 recharge every 15 days) is consistent because it corresponds to 10 km per year ...

For home recharges, excuse me but in an apartment, main type of housing in the city, where EV takes on its full meaning, it is generally impossible or difficult to set up!

Because even with a parking lot (underground or above ground), knowing the human heart, I doubt that the co-owners who do not own a VE choose to invest in a terminal at € 10 for 000 or 1 EVs from their neighbor ... : Cheesy:

In this case, the only option is the public terminal.

Thanks for the study, I save it here:
01 2020 Draft TE Infrastructure Report Final.pdf
(3.91 million) Downloaded times 9577
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 16/01/20, 14:26

Christophe wrote:For home recharges, excuse me but in an apartment, main type of housing in the city, where EV takes on its full meaning, it is generally impossible or difficult to set up!
Because even with a parking lot (underground or above ground), knowing the human heart, I doubt that the co-owners who do not own a VE choose to invest in a terminal at € 10 for 000 or 1 EVs from their neighbor ... : Cheesy:
In this case, the only option is the public terminal.
Thanks for the study, I save it here: 01 2020 Draft TE Infrastructure Report Final.pdf

We agree, but someone who does not have the possibility of recharging at home and / or at work will not a priori be equipped with an EV ... at least today.
In condominiums, the "right to take" exists at least by law in France, provided that it is feasible on the one hand and "reasonable" in cost on the other hand for the person who is going to equip and pay (in particular on individual places in the basement, of course if you have to cross a whole outside parking lot through a trench, it will be different!). But we are not talking about € 10000, just an outlet of a few "individual" kW with a meter which is more than enough. See https://www.automobile-propre.com/dossi ... roprietes/
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/20, 14:39

I do not think that access to the outlet is the 1st brake on the sale of EVs eh ... it certainly counts but far from being the 1st brake!

The first obstacle is performance with regard to the tariff, which is still far too high: with EV, you get less for more, logic that it only interests a minority!

For the "right to the plug", okay (real estate is not my field) but I doubt that the copro wants to finance the additional cost of this EV recharging, I'm just talking about the kWh of the commons which will necessarily increase. .. (even if negligible compared to other copro charges ...)

Ah human selfishness ... it's not won!
0 x
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 16/01/20, 14:42

sicetaitsimple wrote:In condominiums, the "right to take" exists at least legally in France, provided that it is feasible on the one hand and "reasonable" in cost on the other hand for those who will equip themselves and pay ...

An electrician friend explained to me that in all the basements of modern buildings, the ducts are pre-pulled to the garage (apparently legal obligation, if it is still relevant), with a "hole" arriving in the garage, but cleverly "hidden" by a plaster so that the purchaser of the garage asks and pay full pot the connection (hidden, just find if it exists).

Check for people living in cities in recent buildings.
0 x
Past habits must change,

because the future must not die.

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."