GPL ... not so clean as this: the figures pollution

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

GPL ... not so clean as this: the figures pollution

by Woodcutter » 03/02/06, 20:18

Well, since you are an avid user of LPG, I thought that this study interested.

If you already have it, please forgive me for bothering you for nothing ...
0 x
Asgard bone tyr
My R21 Pantone on TF1 :)
My R21 Pantone on TF1 :)

by Asgard bone tyr » 03/02/06, 20:56

For fans of LPG jveux try a proto pantone LPG !!!
Is there hot boiling or what ??? : Cheesy:
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 03/02/06, 21:27

I am very disappointed with the results that the LPG obtains at the level
polution. It does not really correspond to what I was hoping for.
You did well to communicate them to us Bucheron but hey, don't
don't think you have to turn the iron on the wound. These data have already
was commented on another post if I remember correctly.
If knowing that our fuel costs us less makes you uncomfortable dear, still know that the LPG installation is not
not given. It is a relatively heavy investment with
some disadvantages including a loss of useful volume. But there are some
others.
Moreover for an equal power, I begin to doubt that the
LPG is the best choice because diesel is much more expensive
than the LPG, but it needs less. My next fund may well
to be a diesel. I hope your bronchi will appreciate
the decision that I made following the data you share with us.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/02/06, 21:59

Rabbit wrote:[..] You have done well with us, Bucheron communicated, but hey, don't
don't think you have to turn the iron on the wound. These data have already
was commented on another post if I remember correctly.
If knowing that our fuel costs us less makes you uncomfortable dear, still know that the LPG installation is not
not given. It is a relatively heavy investment with
some disadvantages including a loss of useful volume. But there are some
others.
Moreover for an equal power, I begin to doubt that the
LPG is the best choice because diesel is much more expensive
than the LPG, but it needs less. My next fund may well
to be a diesel. I hope your bronchi will appreciate
the decision that I made following the data you share with us.
Perhaps it would be necessary to stop making me intention trials! :|
I found this article completely by chance while looking for info on Euro standards (1,2,3,4 ...) and I thought it would be interesting for many to benefit from it (since I do not remember the mention of such a detailed study), including Jean63 who seemed very attached to LPG ... Point! : Shock:

So therefore :
- I do not return anything in the wound,
- the fact that LPG costs less does not make me uncomfortable in the least, it leaves me in awe (I roll in oil ...),
- your decision on the engine of your next car is yours and I don't have to comment on it in any way.

Please take into account my neutrality in this post ... : Wink:

Finally, this article is nevertheless generally rather favorable to LPG.
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 03/02/06, 23:32

Rest assured my goal is the ecology of where
my future choice for diesel. : Mrgreen:
I intend to fuel at HVB even if it will put me in a
uncomfortable position during a check .D after what I have
understood the sanction will be the same as to run on diesel from
heater . :|
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

LPG ... continuation and end

by jean63 » 03/02/06, 23:52

: Lol: no knife ........... no wound 8)

Read the ADEME report.

As far as I'm concerned, I drive LPG for the following reasons:

1 - In 1998, while I was looking for a used vehicle and I was a little green ....... I found this R25 GPLisée. I must say that I already had an R25 GTX electronic petrol injection since 1992 and that I was starting to know this car well (mechanically speaking).

2 - The very low price of LPG (3 francs / liter at the time) was also an argument of choice, knowing that I paid for this vehicle with a few options (automatic gearbox, speed regulator, air conditioning, ABS) on ridiculous price of 28000 F (with 13000 F of LPG equipment on board) .... so I told myself that even at 160000 km, I did not take many risks. In addition, this vehicle had a large range of LPG with its large 80-liter tank in the trunk, which is not negligible and nonexistent in the models sold by the manufacturers.

3 - This car having never had a serious engine pb (no cylinder head gasket, no rupture of the timing belt ...), except for a rocker arm adjustment from time to time, I accepted the risk announced by the garage Renault near my home, that LPG is destroying the valve seats.

4 - Having not had a serious engine pb since 98, I therefore kept it a little by challenge to see how far the engine would hold. well i am at 290000 kms, i just changed the timing belt + tumble adjustment. and I cross my fingers.

Regarding the price per liter, it is 0,70 euros / l, but compared to gasoline (1,25) or diesel (1,05) .. there is room.

In terms of pollution, I now know how to sort out the advantages / disadvantages between petrol / gas_oil / LPG.

For CO2, diesel sends less ...

For NOx (which pollutes the Clermontoise region these days), responsible for respiratory pbs, it is clearly diesel which is in the lead.

For additives (sulfur, benzene, ...) which would cause cancer ... there is none in LPG.

For particles.... which will lodge in the bronchioles of the lungs of our children in the city and eventually cause cancer, and while waiting for asthma..etc .... diesel wins. it does not exist (or hardly) in the GPL. I also learned this week that Hdi even with FAP send very fine particles more dangerous than those of old diesels, filtered by our natural protections.

Finally, I tell myself as long as to do, even if the LPG is not perfect, it hardly sends more CO2 than gasoline and a little more than diesel .... BUT, above all it is much cleaner at ground level.

So, while waiting for us to be offered a hybrid worthy of the name and not too expensive, of the diesel style with vegetable oil + electric, I'm going to run on LPG again, if only to see how long the engine will still hold.

PS: there is in this forum an operator who drives a 405 LPG (engine 330000 km) and consumes 8l / 100km, which is a bit more for me because the vehicle is heavier.

I have no action in the LPG refineries and I prefer to have this LPG in my tank rather than burnt in the flares.

That's all, I am neither right nor wrong, there's nothing to take out a knife and stir it in a wound.

If I had to buy a car today .... and if I was given 7000 euros I would buy a TOYOTA Prius. : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
Last edited by jean63 the 24 / 01 / 07, 08: 37, 1 edited once.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
hitih
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by hitih » 06/02/06, 10:53

A 405 to 330000km? They talk about me :)

I also read the various articles of the "critics" of the LPG and I do not think that they leave on the good assumptions

In the first place they only deal with CO2 (as is the trend everywhere at the moment) and above all, a prius must be effectively less polluting but is far from being accessible to everyone.

Personally, I bought this € 1200 and I hardly have the means to put more. If I was running on diesel (at this price) is LPG always more polluting?

Certainly that LPG is not a technology of the future (anyway it remains petroleum) but for the moment it is still a good alternative to drive (a little more) clean
0 x
do you drive
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by do you drive » 06/02/06, 18:30

Hello everybody

I separated from my Berlingo 14 I mounted LPG from the first km. 250 km without engine problem.

I took the same one but HDI this time.
The price of LPG has also risen well in recent years.
LPG 11l / 100km without going crazy.

HDI a little more than half of LPG 6l / 100Km see less
With 30% sunflower it is as good as LPG with the power and the place in the trunk more.

The petrol car + LPG assembly is more expensive than the HDI.

It's just for the record.
A +
0 x
Patrick Guidi
www.pfgtechnologie.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/02/06, 20:46

Some specific info on GPL: https://www.econologie.com/le-gpl-ou-lpg ... -2546.html

+ links on the page
Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 04 / 15, 11: 45, 1 edited once.
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 06/02/06, 21:21

Well done article, well done!
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."