Ban old cars (av. 1997) and 2 wheels (av. 1999) in Paris

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Ban old cars (av. 1997) and 2 wheels (av. 1999) in Paris

by Christophe » 31/05/16, 13:35

Another small political gift to car and motorcycle manufacturers under the guise of ecology ... I did not understand where the geographic area concerned started: Paris Intramuros or the entire Paris conurbation (so the Ile de France basically what. ..)? In any case, the measure concerns 10% of the fleet, which does not hurt a lot of vehicles ...

After all, it's true that in intramural Paris, given the density of public transport, you have to be pro (or very patient) to need a car ...
far from me the idea of ​​defending the car in Paris ...

What about the fine particles of recent diesel which do so much damage to health? Ah no, let's not talk about the things that annoy the builders ...

After the oldest buses, coaches and heavy goods vehicles (registered before October 1, 2001), banned since July 1, 2015, they are now class 1 vans and individual vehicles - petrol and diesel - before 1997) as well as motorized two-wheelers prior to June 1, 1999 which will in turn be prohibited from driving during the week, in application of the anti-pollution plan adopted by the Paris Council in February 2015. About 10% of the fleet of cars circulating in Paris is affected.

http://www.lemonde.fr/pollution/article ... 52666.html
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Prohibition of old cars (before 1997) and 2 wheels (before 1999) in Paris

by chatelot16 » 31/05/16, 14:13

and how does the ratp bus work?

I haven't been to Paris for a long time but when I see pictures of Paris on TV I always see the same old thing!

it is easy for the state to impose on the little ones what it does not do itself
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 31/05/16, 14:24

It's silly, there were catalytic vehicles long before 1997 (at least since 1984 in my area, but probably since 1974 already)! And it seems to me that if we wanted, it would be easy to install it on certain models of vehicles prior to 1997, for those who did not have them ... Because many engine blocks already existed "without" and n ' had undergone few modifications thereafter, "with".
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 31/05/16, 14:47

taking the date as a criterion is absurd

who pollutes the most? a large recent 4x4 or a small old car? ... the small old car will be prohibited, the large recent thing will be authorized
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 31/05/16, 15:16

1997 is the first year following the application of Euro 2 standards (January 1996 for the new passenger car models, July 1996 for the other passenger cars and October 1996 for heavy goods vehicles).

Any vehicle put into circulation in 1997 therefore meets at least Euro 2 standards.

Obviously, some have respected them for several years, others could respect them with modifications, etc ... but it would be inapplicable to check if a vehicle is authorized.

PS
For buses (and many other categories), there are exceptions.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 31/05/16, 15:36

Gaston wrote:PS
For buses (and many other categories), there are exceptions.

that's what worries me! that an old small car passes from time to time in paris has a derisory influence on pollution ... that ratp buses run all day thanks to a derogation is something else
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/05/16, 17:16

Gaston wrote:Any vehicle put into circulation in 1997 therefore meets at least Euro 2 standards.

Volkswagen confirmation required : Mrgreen:

For buses, RATP plans to have 80% electric buses in 2025 on its fleet of 4500 buses ...

Except that a quick table corner calculation shows the impossibility of this figure (a "political" announcement relayed by journalists who do not know how to count) since it means the putting into circulation of an electric bus ... per day and this for 10 years: Transportation-electric / electric-the-bus-t14452.html
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 31/05/16, 19:45

where is the problem it would be enough to build a fairly large bus manufacturing plant ... and a battery manufacturing plant

and also build other electric truck for delivery

but if so few private companies use electric trucks it makes me think that there is a problem

to move forward we should understand where is the problem ... poor profitability of electric vehicles or regulatory problem?

when i was little i saw electric garbage trucks and some other electric truck for other uses, they were very slow

later year 80 there were again electric garbage trucks ... they were very badly received because they were miserably noisy because of a hydraulic pump running continuously for the cylinders that lift the garbage ... a lamentable error of design ... in addition this pump which made noise had to waste a lot of energy
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/05/16, 20:30

These factories are built but I doubt that it has the advertised manufacturing capacity ...

I do not criticize the desire to spend 80% of the RATP on electricity, I criticize the utopian figures announced and relayed by journalists (the vast majority of which no longer have any capacity for personal analysis and therefore only relay press releases).

I asked what was the capacity of the factory here: Transportation-electric / electric-the-bus-t14452.html no answer yet ...

chatelot16 wrote:later year 80 there were again electric garbage trucks ... they were very badly received because they were miserably noisy because of a hydraulic pump running continuously for the cylinders that lift the garbage ... a lamentable error of design ... in addition this pump which made noise had to waste a lot of energy

Was it noisier than a thermal garbage truck? I don't see why a hydraulic pump powered by an electric motor would be noisier than a hydraulic pump powered by a heat engine (quite the contrary ...) or so, as you say, that there is a real concern for design???
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 31/05/16, 21:02

yes there was a big design error! they have mounted a small electric lift truck pump that makes a siren noise ... except that in a lift truck the pump only turns when you make a hydraulic movement ... in the trucks that there were in Besançon the siren pump was running permanently: so we agree design error!

double error ... the choice of a noisy pump could have passed if it was running just when it was necessary ... the error of running the pump continuously could have passed if it was silent

another note: the garbage truck currently passing in front of my house has the same problem ... it is an ordinary diesel truck with hydraulic pump on the PTO of the gearbox, calculated to make the right flow when the engine is at idle ... is it does not disengage its pump when it rolls so makes a sound of siren too
0 x