board camera review for Insurance

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Remundo

board camera review for Insurance

by Remundo » 13/12/15, 10:46

Hello to Econologues,

I open this topic because I am currently testing an embedded camera model:

Details in the Sycamore Announcement of 15 / 12 / 2015

This can - unfortunately - be useful ...
Last edited by Remundo the 13 / 12 / 15, 11: 32, 3 edited once.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 13/12/15, 11:16

I bought a dash cam, I have not installed it yet ...

It's a double-edged sword! If it is you who commits a fault, even slight, the evidence can backfire: not only will you lose your bonuses but you will be classified in the "bad risks"potentially with a ticket: I think we're pretty much flicked like that! And triple penalty for a small fault to get out of a bad situation created by another motorist, who turns against you?

Because the camera does not see everything, you can also be incriminated by not having made a fault, if the camera did not see the essential "out of frame".

For example, it is risky on the highway to drive exactly at the prescribed speed and find yourself on the passing lane! You immediately have wars at war that will incite you with calls from lighthouses behind and it is sometimes wiser to make a small speeding to fall back and let the motorist furious! It's called defensive driving ... But the dash cam can incriminate you in speeding.

I wouldn't mind if insurance companies hadn't abandoned the principle of mutuality to base their profits on its abandonment and discriminate against "bad risks"in the wake ...

So I wait for other opinions to make me an opinion: good wire!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/12/15, 11:31

Thank you Obamot for your return,

With your personal Dashcam, you are free to provide or not images.

The Dashcam can be very useful for reading the license plates of fugitives, or to reposition the chronology / road situation of an accident.

Especially when other motorists lie, knowingly or by mistake.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/12/15, 15:44

All these cameras, fixed or embedded, these technologies flicage: dna, gsm tracker, etc. annoy me.

They significantly restrict our area of ​​freedom.

We lived very well without before. From the self-proclaimed "authorities"; it is relentlessness and laziness. On the part of the citizen, a rejection of the risk. Ditto for insurance companies, and we wonder why: today, we wrongly compensate, tomorrow it will be the opposing party.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 13/12/15, 18:22

I forgot something very important, for a dash cam represents what the human eye sees, it would have to have a viewing angle corresponding to an objective of 50mm of a reflex camera (except it is very poorly indicated, and it should give the equivalent focal length, a 50mm dash cam does not cover the same angle as a reflex). Otherwise it gives a distorted picture of reality. For example a speed limit sign can be seen at the last moment with a dash cam, while with an 50mm it can be seen at almost 200 meters.

Ditto in the event of a side collision, one has the impression that one could not see the danger arriving, whereas it is not: there it is not very good as "proof" because not in conformity with reality...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/12/15, 18:51

Wadi O ...

the day you have a big glitch with another driver who lies to 100%, you will probably hold a more nuanced and less fussy speech.

Just for the record, dashcams have especially sold in Russia because pedestrians were deliberately throwing themselves on cars (slow, not totally crazy ...) to get insurance money (or drivers!) For repair.

@+
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 13/12/15, 19:43

Do not say that, it's thanks to you that I took out the box! Image

Useful, very useful even in at least two cases (in addition to those which you rightly quote, one naka become more cautious ^ ^):
- the pebble sent by a truck into your windshield when you roll behind ...
- when your vehicle is parked, to detect vandalism (even if it's hard to find a pedestrian or a cyclist next ...) will have to be that the next generations scan identity cards in people's pockets (it's okay please the Pachyderm) Image

I do not know enough to know if it's good:

We'll see how to use! : Cheesy: But I liked the Li-On removable battery that you can change yourself ... And also the photo function to take pictures after an accident for lack of mobile.

I will install it but I have to find a memory card.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/12/15, 21:59

It would be better to install two: the second films discreetly the one who steals the first ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 13/12/15, 23:51

I need 2 memory cards! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 14/12/15, 09:11

Inquire at his insurance and public authorities .... Because in France it is forbidden to film the public voice or in others when you are an individual or even a company ... A video surveillance box is planted Several years ago, in the neighborhood of my taff ...
But following the latest events the security services want us to install everywhere (at our expense of course) and want the high-end one where we can see the color of the eyes of the guy who passes at 50metres and even be able to count black dots ...

This can only have a possible role of deterrent if the other party is intimidated at the time of writing the statement ... And in any case (it seems to me) to be held as evidence in court ... It remains elements only made to extract confessions ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...