Volkswagate but yes ... and other auto manufacturers?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Volkswagate but yes ... and other auto manufacturers?

by Christophe » 23/09/15, 14:31

Volkswagen makes good motors, reputed, in close partnership with the best equipment manufacturers of the world (bosch, behr ... not to quote them) ...

So I ask myself the question (who kills): would their Volkswagen engineers be so much worse than those of other manufacturers? Why do they have to cheat while the other manufacturers strictly use the same technologies (hdi, egr, intercoller ...)?

Since high-pressure diesel, no technological revolution distinguishes one manufacturer from another. In other words: all European engines are the same and use the same equipment for the most part!

The only "plausible" explanation I can see is that, as the Nox tests are more drastic among the Americans and Volkswagen wanted (maybe too quickly?) To conquer the American market, they preferred to have had this "cheat" back. coded"...
story to make more profits quickly!

But if Volkswagen does not pass the US tests without a "hack", I frankly have a hard time believing that Renault, PSA, Citroën, BMW pass them ...

All would have done better to develop the injection of water as I specify in the other subject of this case: https://www.econologie.com/forums/tricherie- ... 14221.html

The recent malaise of a senior BMW manager may be related to this case ...
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Volkswagate yes but ... and the other automakers?

by Gaston » 23/09/15, 14:38

To maintain standards in the US, other manufacturers (including BMW and Mercedes) use the urea injection system in the exhaust combined with a catalyst (eg the AdBlue system).

VW was apparently the only one who claimed to have achieved this without this "post-processing".

Regarding Renault and PSA, I do not think they offer diesel in the US.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/09/15, 14:40

Ok the Adblue is a different technology and works well in anti-nox (provided to refuel regularly ... and there we can piss in the tank :D)

Adblue for trucks I knew well but I did not know that it was already mounted on cars ... certainly only on big models, no? Given the complexity and the extra cost of the stuff ...

Do you have sources?

And this must be binding for users to refill Adblue no?

To fill up with water with a good old injection of water? : Cheesy:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 23/09/15, 15:01

Psa equipped with FAP injecting the catalyst in catalysts since 2008 (I think) ... The full is done at the same time as the change of the FAP is about all 80 000km (for the lucky ones) ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 23/09/15, 15:17

At Mercedes, it's called "Bluetec".

At BMW, no particular name, but the engine 3,5 liters (from 335d to X5) is equipped.

VW does it too (Audi Q7 TDI) :!:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/09/15, 15:29

Macro wrote:Psa equipped with FAP injecting the catalyst in catalysts since 2008 (I think) ... The full is done at the same time as the change of the FAP is about all 80 000km (for the lucky ones) ...

Ah, the famous eolys cerine ... which lowered the re-combustion temperature in the FAP. I think it's not used anymore ...

Other manufacturers have to change a FAP already 80 000 km?

But ceria, has nothing to do with NOx ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/09/15, 15:31

Gaston wrote:At Mercedes, it's called "Bluetec".

At BMW, no particular name, but the engine 3,5 liters (from 335d to X5) is equipped.

VW does it too (Audi Q7 TDI) :!:

Ah yes I have already seen "bluetec" cars ... I did not know that it was linked to adblue!

But that confirms what I think: it is only mounted on the high-end engine ...

An engine like the EA189 is a "small" engine of very large series that does not equip large sedans or SUVs ... I don't know if urea injection would have been economically viable on such an engine (unlike an injection of water ... sorry to insist ...)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 23/09/15, 15:35

This engine is equipped with saloons worthy of the name and suv ... It can devellopper on some versions more than 180cv ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/09/15, 15:42

Yes like all diesel 2L from German manufacturers ...

Nevertheless, the 2L is rarely mounted from a certain "price" range ...

History to say "that we have a big one" (only under the hood, because elsewhere ... it's another story lol ...)
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 23/09/15, 15:43

Christophe wrote:An engine like the EA189 is a "small" engine of very large series not equipping large sedans or SUVs ... I don't know if urea injection would have been economically viable on such an engine.
Hence VW's "cheating" ...

Christophe wrote:(unlike a water injection ... sorry to insist ...)
Without doubt, no doubt ... but :?
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."