Homologation of an amateur motorcycle construction?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Homologation of an amateur motorcycle construction?

by ggdorm » 24/03/14, 20:25

Hi everybody!

Is someone already informed about the homologation of an amateur motorcycle in Belgium (European legislation)?
I sent an email to the certification body but no news after a week. I will start the phone harassment tomorrow!
The idea is to make a modern KR200 with ecoshell marathon technologies. Since my participation, I do not stop!
Apparently, all 3-wheel vehicles with a speed> 50 km / h can be approved as a motorcycle.
Naively perhaps, I tell myself that the homologation of a motorcycle must be much simpler than that of a car. No crash test, ...
Does anyone have an idea of ​​the steps taken and their costs?
For this project, I could for example be based on a train before Austin mini and a motor of Yamaha XT 500 (3l / 100 on the bike).
I wish you all a great evening!

Jérôme
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."