Technical debate on diesel engines

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Technical debate on diesel engines

by Christophe » 08/03/13, 15:34

The manufacturers have been going in the direction of (mechanical) maintenance for years ... the garage owners are more computer scientists than mechanics ...

Understand: we are going to the car 0 maintenance = the disposable car ...
the lobbying done for the scrappage bonus or other assistance in changing the car goes entirely in this direction.

The cars that will make 400 000 km no longer exist on current production lines ...

ps: subject split since https://www.econologie.com/forums/encore-tax ... 12328.html
Last edited by Christophe the 09 / 03 / 13, 11: 27, 1 edited once.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 08/03/13, 15:54

if we let the current manufacturer do as they please we have cars without maintenance! very good for those who change cars every 2 years ... and catastrophic for those who will have to settle for used cars

and it makes poorly maintained cars, that we tinker with because we don't value them

every time I made a repair on my car 20 years ago I put the care it takes to make it last as long as possible ... I even made special parts more practical than the original assembly , which passed on the next car when the first was worn

now I do it anyhow as long as it rolls ... no need to get tired for cars full of weak points that risk going to scrap for all kinds of reasons

by not making a sustainable car, the manufacturers commit suicide ... the customer no longer dares to seek quality: we are looking for the cheapest

so there will be more than those looking for the cheapest, so Asian ... and those who can afford to pay quality at high prices ... so German

there is no place for French manufacturers if they do not visibly change
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/03/13, 17:15

Christophe wrote:The cars that will make 400 000 km no longer exist on current production lines ...

????? You think ?

I remind : http://www.largus.fr/actualite-automobi ... 62370.html
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/03/13, 17:26

chatelot16 wrote:
the diesel all ended in breakdown due to worn cylinder ...

Me, it was the injection pump, with a repair that would have cost much more expensive than the value of the car (a Xantia TD with 340 km with oil changes made by bibi without fuss, two replacements of timing belts and a or two sets of pads ...). So for scrap!

On a ZX, the well-known "weakness" on the distorted rear axle; ditto: replacement 3 times more expensive than the price at which I had bought the car 200 km earlier! So scrapping around 000 km ...
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 08/03/13, 18:40

Bonjour,

first of all thank you for these explanations concerning longevity, even if I find it hard to believe, given that the mother of a friend to buy two years ago (hey it is pile pile what comes from 'be said;)), the problem that is happening, I don't know if it continues I will know that in a short time, on a meriva (with distribution chain we can say that it is reliable at first) , it turns out that the car barely 100 (a little less) it rolls 000 terminals per round trip and 10 so no short trips, ho surprise, the engine is full of mayonnaise ..
The answer from the Opel garage: it is normal when they have made short journeys with petrol, so no problem for them : Shock: , at another mechanic even answer, it's normal : Shock: , finally a mechanic friend to take a look, he found a hose a little bent he said that maybe it would come from there, maybe, he changed the hose and reinforced it so that it does not bend anymore. ..
where did you see what it gives ...
if it continues to make mayo like that I do not give expensive engine ... it's a 1.4 petrol ...

So longevity side for the moment I remain skeptical .... side response of the mechanics, I find it shameful ...

End of apart ..

As for aligning diesel on the price of gasoline, yes why not, I agree for the most garnd number yes, it has already been said the largest number being in fact city dwellers who could do without car ...

But for the small share of country people of which I am a part (I do not seek to defend in any case my right to pollute, I seek on the contrary to do the opposite, even if for the moment I have not pantonized but I come slowly, it's not the subject), so the little ones who toil to be able to work, will have to be the turkey of the stuffing once again ... great moral of the story ...

Again because a package of oxen does anything everyone has to pay for them, and be even more in the mud, with no way to do otherwise in the end ...

And do you find that normal? not me ...

and who pockets the difference? and what to do with it ???

the state but to do what? clogged up with other deficits resulting basically from the same shameless reasoning that pushed them to ruin our economy ... scrap etc ...

What do you think will happen?

Personally I have a good idea of ​​what will happen ... an amplification of the problem already present ...

And not in the city of course but in the place where vehicles are really needed, so in the countryside the crimes will increase, so still the same who will drink .. but at the same time as you say well crazy seeing that it's the minority ...

wiki source, quote:

3 inhabitants on January 175, 064

reindeer 207 inhabitants within the walls (wiki), in 178 source wiki

brest 141 in 315 source wiki

etc. let's say that in all there are in all 6 "big" cities so let's say go to the ladle made an average of 6 * 180000 city dwellers = 1080000 city dwellers, more than 2 country people remain ...

who will pay for the rest of France ... this personal figure I do not find that it is small 2 inhabitants is not three Neuneux is 000% of France ...

Balance with the 1% quoted I laugh, and even 1% in the shit even more it is already too much ...

so yes let's tax the city dwellers yes yes yes, from brittany or elsewhere .... and let's give a real alternative to the others who can't really do otherwise ... let's go cheerfully why get private since we are already well launched ...

Or so have asked everyone to come to town, to make megacities, life too well like that no more diesel problem, everyone on foot and by bike ....

so yes l must tax but not just how again ....

but hey everyone sees noon at their door as they said (that's the problem I think by the way ...) ... always the same who will pay ...

And I absolutely do not see how the development of algae-based oils is not a viable solution to precisely counteract the shortage of diesel, to combine of course with a policy of developing means of transport so to speak non-polluting. .. it goes without saying ...

Anyway it is beyond us it is not at the state level that it plays out as you said, it is a story of big industrialists who lead politicians ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 08/03/13, 19:45

bidouille23 wrote:Bonjour,

first of all thank you for these explanations concerning longevity, even if I find it hard to believe, given that the mother of a friend to buy two years ago (hey it is pile pile what comes from 'be said;)), the problem that is happening, I don't know if it continues I will know that in a short time, on a meriva (with distribution chain we can say that it is reliable at first) , it turns out that the car barely 100 (a little less) it rolls 000 terminals per round trip and 10 so no short trips, ho surprise, the engine is full of mayonnaise ..
The answer from the Opel garage: it is normal when they have made short journeys with petrol, so no problem for them : Shock: , at another mechanic even answer, it's normal : Shock: , finally a mechanic friend to take a look, he found a hose a little bent he said that maybe it would come from there, maybe, he changed the hose and reinforced it so that it does not bend anymore. ..
where did you see what it gives ...
if it continues to make mayo like that I do not give expensive engine ... it's a 1.4 petrol ...

So longevity side for the moment I remain skeptical .... side response of the mechanics, I find it shameful ...

End of apart ..

Apartment on the apartment

If your mayonnaise is confined to the oil filler cap on the rocker cover this does not matter. What is needed is that the oil on the dipstick has a normal color. Mayonnaise is created at the high point of condensation. Wipe the plug before the highway (not a rainy day), look at the end of the highway traveled at normal speed, the color should remain healthy.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/03/13, 19:52

Did67 wrote:???? You think ?

I remind : http://www.largus.fr/actualite-automobi ... 62370.html

The exception that confirms the rule?

The Honda Civic is known (in its 1st versions) for being an indestructible car ... Honda is therefore surfing on this reputation ...

So who can "afford" to drive 100 km a year now? So the 000 years will be reached well with the 10 km ... in my opinion ...
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 08/03/13, 20:00

Thank you fly following apart;) I made a subject :) ... quickly zef, mayonnaise is everywhere even in the hoses not only on the caps ... end of the apart ...

The 1.6 I-dtec is a diesel .... :)
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 08/03/13, 20:44

Hello
bidouille23 wrote:Thank you fly following apart;) I made a subject :) ... quickly zef, mayonnaise is everywhere even in the hoses not only on the caps ... end of the apart ...

The 1.6 I-dtec is a diesel .... :)

The problem of the mayonaise in the engine is typical of an engine that runs for short distances in winter
motors that do not have good crankcase ventilation or a PCV valve which, when idling, ventilates the rocker cover covers
In summary an engine or its oil temperature does not rise high enough to eliminate its contaminants, water, gasoline and gas which crosses the segments this shit must come out by the breather.
It is also typical for certain brands of oil.
opeerr aisin it makes the internal parts of the engine rust, camshaft, valve spring, cylinder bottom ect .. this degrades the quality of the oil, (change it more often)

Andre
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 08/03/13, 21:07

10 to 12 km is still not a short journey? with half in 4 lanes ... (free Breton highway;)) ...

and on the 4 L that I had even with small trips point of mayo, this says it is not the same technology :) lol...

Thanks for the explanation.
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."