Peripheral ... for bikes in Strasbourg!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

Peripheral ... for bikes in Strasbourg!

by Christophe » 19/02/13, 19:39

Strasbourg to develop the first bicycle device in France

Strasbourg (Bas-Rhin) is indeed a paradise for cyclists. The city will launch this summer in new developments in their favor, with in particular a device which will be dedicated to them. It will be a great first in France. At present, the Strasbourg agglomeration, very proactive on the bicycle, already has 560 km of cycle facilities and its network continues to grow on average by around ten kilometers per year.

"Strasbourg will serve a little as a test for other cities and agglomerations which follow with interest the way in which we are going to manage this file", welcomed on Monday the mayor (PS) Roland Ries during a press conference.

"It is a question of setting up a sort of peripheral for bikes, with identified doors and connections with radials which will allow to serve the whole territory in less than 30 minutes", detailed Serge Asentio, project manager bike at the town hall. The idea is to "encourage the use of bikes on longer journeys, as is the case in Copenhagen for example".

"We have to change the logic: (in) Strasbourg and (in) its agglomeration 70% of trips are less than 3 km, but cycling only represents 8%" of these trips, explained Alain Jund, deputy (EELV) in charge of town planning. "We hope to bring this figure to 16% by 2025 by these improvements." In the city center, 15% of trips are made by bicycle.

Source: http://www.leparisien.fr/environnement/ ... 578273.php

I, who knows the city, wonder how they will do it ...

Read also: https://www.econologie.com/forums/le-velo-ce ... 11684.html
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 19/02/13, 23:38

And again, this is very timid in relation to the growing development of Cycle highways : Mrgreen:

Type these words into your search engine to see how many of them are exploding, including in France. : Mrgreen:

Unfortunately, I can hardly be so optimistic about Bordeaux where the peripheral project is carried out as a tourist cycle path, far from an effective approach to cycling ...
The tracks are narrow zigzag between the shrubs of the wooded parks, are flooded at the slightest rain, and covered with leaves and earth or shrunk by the neighboring bushes which are not pruned.
: Evil:
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 20/02/13, 11:17

We welcome the initiative, but it should be remembered that normally the streets should be returned to cyclists and pedestrians.
The "cycle path" induces the idea of ​​a traffic lane where everyone would have their place ... place mainly occupied by cars!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/02/13, 15:40

citro wrote:And again, this is very timid in relation to the growing development of Cycle highways : Mrgreen:

Type these words into your search engine to see how many of them are exploding, including in France. : Mrgreen:

Not typed but I feel irony in your words ... am I kidding myself?

citro wrote:Unfortunately, I can hardly be so optimistic about Bordeaux where the peripheral project is carried out as a tourist cycle path, far from an effective approach to cycling ...
The tracks are narrow zigzag between the shrubs of the wooded parks, are flooded at the slightest rain, and covered with leaves and earth or shrunk by the neighboring bushes which are not pruned.
: Evil:

Be careful in Strasbourg, we are talking about 500km of cycle paths and not cycle paths that are only corridors on the road or sidewalks ...

In most of the other big cities, in particular Paris, it is the cycle lanes which predominate ... never seen a cycle track in Paris intramuros ... are there some on the banks of the Seine?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 23/02/13, 22:46

I am a fervent supporter of the cycle highway: That is to say a fast lane where bikes, pedelecs and velomobiles can circulate away from cars but also and above all from pedestrians who too often take the cycle paths for sidewalks ...
So there is no irony in my remarks. :?

It is more than time, while our planet is suffocating under pollution, and not only in China, since many cities in France including Bordeaux (which thought it was safe from pollution because of the proximity of the sea) are now affected by this scourge (40.000 deaths per year attributed to automobile pollution)

The bicycle is therefore the immediate alternative to the automobile, provided that it is given the necessary space and that the use of the automobile in town is discouraged, since it is now recognized that there is harmful to health and ineffective in terms of travel time ...

When will we finally have a real multimodal and intermodal transport policy, relegating the automobile to only journeys where it is without competition ...
0 x