2 stroke engine: replace oil with diesel?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

2 stroke engine: replace oil with diesel?

by Christophe » 30/09/11, 22:18

Everything is in the title !

Put 5 to 10% of diesel (or more I say that completely at random) in unleaded instead of 2 to 4% of oil to lubricate a 2 stroke engine ...

To test, possible or huge rubbish?

The interest would be to increase the PCI to L, to no longer burn oil and to lower the cost of mixing ... well we risk replacing the white smoke with black smoke :)

It itches to test on an old 2-stroke engine (I need to find one ... am more equipped there ...)

How the large, very slow Sulzer style 2-stroke diesel engines are lubricated (see https://www.econologie.com/forums/meilleur-r ... t5929.html )? Heavy fuel oil should not lubricate very well if ... on the other hand, given their low RPM, lubrication should not be very important ...

Surely there have been faster 2-stroke diesel in the history of mechanics: same question, how were they lubricated? In my opinion they were not ... the GO was more than enough ...
0 x
Flytox

Re: 2-stroke engine: replace the oil with diesel?

by Flytox » 30/09/11, 22:37

Christophe wrote:Put 5 to 10% of diesel (or more I say that completely at random) in unleaded instead of 2 to 4% of oil to lubricate a 2 stroke engine ...

To test, possible or huge rubbish?

The interest would be to increase the PCI to L, to no longer burn oil and to lower the cost of mixing ... well we risk replacing the white smoke with black smoke :)

I had a classmate who mixed fuel oil with his two-stroke mixture (proportion?) On his Solex. It started badly and smoked black / blue. To improve performance not top : Mrgreen: , he had lengthened the small fuel pump outlet pipe with a small copper pipe which he passed between the fins of the cylinder to heat the fuel. I don't know if it worked long ...: Mrgreen:

We could leave 2% of oil to avoid accidents, put 10 or 20% of diesel, increase the compression ratio and look for the nozzle that is fine .... It will surprise me that the pollution is down ... .. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/09/11, 22:39

Super this testimony it already makes one.

But the goal is not to drive red (although on a mob we rarely blow hhihihi) for the sake of savings but to see if we can do without oil ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 30/09/11, 22:57

There are mechanisms which are "lubricated" with diesel, such as injection pumps, but they do not make significant radial forces with hot friction like a piston on the cylinder wall.

Prognosis: particularly short life expectancy for the piston and segmentation : Mrgreen: The bearings must be able to hold for a while.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

Christophe

by Christophe » 30/09/11, 23:08

Yes, hence the interest of the test :)

A small 2 tps engine to sacrifice (or not you never know ...) used, it costs a few tens of euros ... but it is on that there is a big risk of scrub ... if can we talk about exfoliation in 2 times?

Any suggestions for devices that have one?

The ideal would be an old widespread moped with lots of spare parts ... better a solex : Cheesy:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 30/09/11, 23:13

A manipulation to do

Do you know when the pantone tank is bubbled with diesel fuel inside, the most volatile compounds are evaporated and only the fattyest remains, the equivalent of an oil for mixing?

My mower is in 4T, I do not have two times, Ah yes, my chainsaw
But I will not try on it :P

an old thermal will do, but how to check the quality of lubrication?
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/09/11, 23:23

old thermal ?? 2 or 4 times?

Ah I found a method: transfer the oil by 4 tps and turn the mixture :) Hihihihi (it's getting late)

: Cheesy: : Cheesy:

I will search and find a small 2 tps engine, no problem ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/09/11, 23:31

Hey Maloche you didn't have a (shit) mini Chinese motorcycle in 2 stages not long ago when the frame was unsoldered?

I believe I saw new thermal chainsaws in brico on sale for less than 100 € ...

Banzai!
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 30/09/11, 23:50

It was 4 stroke with smelly oil : Cheesy:
of course immediate emptying

I sold both, my teen was unreasonable
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Flytox

by Flytox » 01/10/11, 20:43

Peace to your soul, 2-stroke engine from Christophe. You didn't deserve such dry treatment. May you in the hereafter have eternal life in an environment full of oil and goodness .... [Anything OFF mode] : Mrgreen:

AMHA there is no way it will hold. For many applications, we would be happy to do without the oil and especially the maintenance that it generates. If nobody uses this kind of engine lubricated only by diesel, it is that nobody knows how to make it run durably.
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]