Battery charging by thermal car?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Battery charging by thermal car?

by clasou » 05/09/11, 10:53

Hello,
As winter approaches, I will have to drop the electric bike.
My question, once the battery recharges the alternator runs dry, so if I put four 12v 100A batteries.
And that I connect them, what would be the overconsumption, knowing that the whole would make about 100kg.
The car I'm going to buy may be a clio 2 1.5 dci diesel.
I do 22km / day twice for work, so how long does it take to recharge a battery by alternator.
Thank you in advance for the suggestions.
a + claude
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 05/09/11, 11:05

what is the goal of the game ??
recharge batteries with petroleum and a rotten conversion efficiency between fuel and recharging ??
it is better to leave your batteries at home on a 220V charger which has an efficiency of about 90% and not to drag extra pounds in a vehicle already far too heavy.
0 x
Click my signature
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 05/09/11, 11:25

Hello dirk pitt,
it's funny I prefer when a message starts with hello.
No this is not a game. So here is wanting to do without the minimum 220 v nuke, the goal is to have batteries charge.
The first solution would be to buy 100, 200 or 300w in solar panels, but good considering the price.
So like I said, I'm going to have to take a car, now it's a company car.
I can iron it in 4 places by putting back benches that serve me nothing or I can put about the equivalent in battery that the alternator charges.
Difference in price, no solar panels, the house having left to do without the nuke.
The rest of the year I travel by 1kw bike for 100 km.
In comparison, the car or even the electric scooter is an aberration in terms of energy efficiency.
And as said above I do 45 km / day up to 70 times
a + claude
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 05/09/11, 11:32

Hi to you,

if you do not have the 220V nuk at home, it is even better to recharge your batteries with a generator than to carry them in your case.
but if you have it, you recharge in night hours.
0 x

Click my signature
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 05/09/11, 11:57

Thank you for the answer.
The goal is to do without the 220v so no recharging.
So if you forget the price of buying the group, it would be cheaper than being overweight in the car.
Good maybe it should only be one or two batteries compared to the capacity of the alternator? but hybrids do not have this function, to recharge during thermal driving.
a + claude
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 05/09/11, 12:36

I just find it a shame to consume additional fuel to recharge batteries.
on a hybrid, it's different, the goal is to run on electrics in cases where the thermal will not be efficient (cities, traffic jam)

there you are going to double the energy:
1- to transport these batteries.
2-to reload them with a conversion yield of only 20% with the big ladle. you are going to waste a precious fuel (see the price) to recharge the batteries that you will use at home.

these two fuel expenses will be IN ADDITION to the fuel necessary for the usual movement of the vehicle.

Anyway, I think it's an energetic heresy.

ideologically wanting to do without the 220V outlet to arrive at this kind of solution seems to me preposterous.
0 x

Click my signature
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 05/09/11, 13:02

Ok understood the message, well it was an idea.
Ah I forgot that for the moment the assignment has not been found, the idea would not have been to have the batteries in the car but just enough time to recharge them, so maybe one day per week or whatever.
In fact like I said I don't know how many kilometers it would take to recharge them.
it will depend on what I get to do, but hey I'm also looking in other ways.
to be continued
a + claude
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/09/11, 13:48

(Hello) : Cheesy:

No, no, and no .... Even if it starts with a good intention, it's no!

Since you are told that this is not a good solution. It is better to find something else, in what exists, rather than embarking on a candlestick savings.

And then in winter, the battery is put to the test IN PENDULUM TRAFFIC, so you will recharge it but BAD => a type of battery for a type of vehicle THIS IS CALCULATED so that it works AS EXPECTED, and not like YOU you would have liked ....

Replacing nuclear power with fossil energy => no advantage. Point bar.

There is absolutely nothing to draw from it, otherwise we would already do it ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 05/09/11, 14:03

Hello clasou, I agree with Dirk Pitt :?
clasou wrote:... but hybrids do not have this function, to recharge during thermal driving.
a + claude
I add that the hybrids have a very sophisticated operation, difficult or expensive to implement in a particular capacity ...
Prius-type hybrids recharge by recovering energy during braking and deceleration. This represents little energy if one drives intelligently, i.e. by anticipating ...
Finally, the amount of energy remains quite low; a Prius has a battery capacity of less than 1kWh, i.e. half the capacity of an electric scooter ...

To increase this capacity, manufacturers use the rechargeable hybrid technique ... on a power outlet. :?
We have as an example the Prius PHEV or the Opel Ampera. :P

A solar panel or a 300W wind turbine are therefore more coherent from an energy efficiency point of view ... investment budget question, on the other hand ... But things are changing.
:|

As far as I am concerned, I see that a private photovoltaic installation with storage on batteries would quickly pay for itself so well negotiated because prices have dropped by more than 50%. But I reason on another scale thanks to the electric car ...
The purpose of my project would be to no longer consume electricity at the daily rate (that which is mainly nuclear) but that has little economic interest, in my opinion.
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 05/09/11, 15:14

Hello Citro,
I suspect that the prius has a more advanced system than mine, yes for your personal installation I am, since you talked about it on the forum ve also.

Regarding profitability, it is the concern because I envisioned as said above can be 200 or 300 watt in panels on the ground and in addition to the idea of ​​watering adapted, I especially want to do with them a tracker.
And there I still have the road, so in the meantime I thought of this idea of ​​alternator running idle.

But good for the moment apart from the start of lighting, the bike is on 250w / day socket), the other half direct to work.

But the most important is the debate of idea and the experiments.
a + claude
0 x