A Motorcycle Technical Inspection for soon? (thank you Europe)

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

A Motorcycle Technical Inspection for soon? (thank you Europe)

by Christophe » 19/06/11, 19:22

Here is a video debate of the chain of the European parliament (which I just discovered) about the setting up of a possible ... european technical control for motorcycles (aie aie ...) already practiced in some countries (Germany, Austria ...)

The debate also concerns the pollution and safety of motorcycles and 2 motorized wheels in general.

Full discussion of 15 minutes approximately: http://www.europarltv.europa.eu/fr/play ... fe009fe484

2 small reports:

http://www.europarltv.europa.eu/fr/play ... fe009fc7de
http://www.europarltv.europa.eu/fr/play ... f300a38181

The site is not very well done, use the search engine on the right to navigate ...

ps: splitted from the subject of bikers forum (and we are not bad at being) https://www.econologie.com/forums/les-motard ... t1934.html
Last edited by Christophe the 20 / 06 / 11, 12: 16, 2 edited once.
0 x
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 19/06/11, 21:25

I think the technical control for the 2 wheel is going to come. It's done in Germany / Austria. It's the same as for cars, ie, not terrible.

In my opinion, we are going to align ourselves with Europe. But for that, we must remove the limit to 100hp and in passing forbid <15hp with license B which for me is a heresy. How do people who have never laid their ass on a 2WD want to control 15hp and the more than 120kg that come with it? They find themselves in a vehicle that they do not control at all and above all are oblivious to the dangers inherent in 2 wheels.
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/06/11, 22:09

For the technical control it could pose a problem with all those who have, for example, changed their pot ... and what about the cost and the limits? There are 1980 motorcycles and before that still roll, we will ban them because it pollutes too much? Here it reminds me of this subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/ville-inte ... 10686.html which you may have participated in?

Also, I would be an administrative who would set up a bike CT, I insist to check the noise at the same time ... and it will hurt! Very bad !!

+ 1 for equivalence allowed B but in France, from what I understand it's over for a few months: it takes a few hours (6 I think) training ...

So 6h for the 125cc, 20h for up to 2300cc (triumph rocket) ... for me the calculation is quickly seen!
: Cheesy:
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 19/06/11, 22:19

Hello,

Indeed, to ride in 125 since the beginning of the year with a training 7h obligatory.I think it's the same price if there are two people.

The CT for the noise of agreement but for the power also which can climb to 34 cv for a 125 by unbridling it!
0 x
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 19/06/11, 22:55

For austria there are no worries about the pollution, they just have to respect the norms in force in the year of sale, for my honda of 84, there is no marked limit for the pollution.

The change of pot, as long as it is approved for the road there is no problem either. I just have to respect the max noise level marked on the gray card (99dB for me ^^ I understand why I still need plugs now).

The way it is going to hurt, it is for the plates seen that the French tend to put tiny ones.

In my opinion one of the most important measures would be to reduce VAT to 5% for rider equipment.
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 20/06/11, 09:51

sherkanner wrote:For austria there are no worries about the pollution, they just have to respect the norms in force in the year of sale, for my honda of 84, there is no marked limit for the pollution.

Yes, it is the same in France: the tolerance of the CT depends on the year of manufacture.
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/06/11, 10:03

Ct for motorbikes .. why not ... When every night I'm awake by one of my neighbor who starts his harley at two o'clock to go to make bread .. I say yes to the control of the sound level..When trying my kid's 50mbk on the road head on the handlebars I get him to hang the 92km / h (GPS) 102 meter : Shock: while all the main parts (engine, transmission, exhaust, ignition, carburetor) are original (brides certainly removed but all sealed present) .. I tell myself that it would not be bad also that there is a order of put the inside ...
For old breles ... As for old cars pollution norms in force at the exit ... Maintain his ancestor in good mechanical conditions it is a duty ...

5% VAT on the biker safety equipment you can dream ... For the wreath on the coffin yes no worries
: Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/06/11, 12:02

Lol Macro but HD is out of the ordinary, they have their own internal standards and the controllers have been deaf for years !! Without laughing, I think that the method of calculation / linearization / integration of dB (high variability in the case of HD) must arrange HD well, because in "peak" we often exceed 110-115 dB !!

But there is worse: it is the QUAD, these are real shit sounds, apparently they are subject to neither auto nor motorcycle standards !! Very noisy especially compared to what it is dragging (hihihihi) ... an HD next door is melodious!

Gildas wrote: The CT for the noise of agreement but for the power also which can climb to 34 cv for a 125 by unbridling it!

I was expecting this proposal so if we summarize for the moment we have as checklist to do for a possible bike CT:

The AUTO check (if I forget anything?):
a) pollution
b) fires / electricity
c) depreciation
d) braking
e) general condition

MORE :
f) Noise
g) Power bench

= LARGEST INVOICE and HEAVY investments for control centers. Already to my knowledge, the motorcycle power bench is rare, there is no 1 by department ....

I do not even know if the AUTO check machines are compatible with MOTO (lighting, damping, braking ... to see ...)

So impose a motorcycle CT is already ask for investment of several hundreds of thousands of euros for tens of thousands of euros of annual turnover ... Unless limit very strongly their location, style 1 center by department .. .
0 x
Napo dwarf
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Napo dwarf » 20/06/11, 13:56

but in this case, a virtual monopoly will not really be legal here
0 x
Of all those who have nothing to say, the nicest are those who are silent
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/06/11, 14:10

Why Napo? Just make the legal practice ...

For example: the number of pharmacies per district / city is limited compared to the number of inhabitants ... so we can very well say that there will be only one motorcycle CT per department ...

And too bad for the bikers who will have to do 150 km A / R to do their CT ...
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."