Collection of technical solutions for reducing our cars

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
enzo20134
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Collection of technical solutions for reducing our cars

by enzo20134 » 15/11/10, 18:11

Hello everybody

I open this new subject so as not to pollute that of Michel Kieffer which echoes it.
My goal is to develop the reflection on the observation made by Mr Kieffer that the main keystone of reducing the environmental impact of transport lies in the weight of our cars and other means of transport. Maybe a future post-it so difficult the task ..

We must therefore tackle the roots of the weight problem and find innovative, inexpensive solutions that can be "industrialized" in mass and recyclable.

I insist on these last 3 points which are a sine qua non condition and which have not noted the good any relation with the energy source used or the type of motorization selected ... because in any case whatever they being a weight reduction will always be profitable!

Indeed, some will say "why not carbon cars" ... ok for the weight, except that we forget that it is expensive (for the moment), that mass industrialization poses concerns (implementation. ..), etc ... and that carbon composites cannot be recycled! Of course BMW is currently trying it out on a city car that will be billed for more than € 50!

So I would like us to talk about realistic and achievable solutions and not solutions worthy of a super GT or worse of a Formula 1 racing car!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/10, 18:17

Not to mention complex and expensive R&D, here is a concrete case accessible to all!

It's been 4 years that we have dismantled the back seat of our twingo. It is reassembled in case of very rare need (1 time I think). Gain: in the 50 kg I would say, it is not nothing on a car of 850 kg!

If all singles or couples did the same with their car, I think millions of L of fuel would be saved worldwide ...

In addition it goes to technical control even if the guy does not find the box "twingo 2 places" : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/11/10, 18:28

50 kg? 35-40 at most, the car being announced 939 kg.
What difference have you measured?

A lame solution, because we very often need that we do not see the treasures hidden in the trunk ...
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
enzo20134
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by enzo20134 » 15/11/10, 18:31

well here is an idea that it is good! if it actually saves 50kg, it's a great operation!

although this post is more "R&D oriented", tips are welcome! Thank you Christophe!

@ elephant, even if I agree with the merits of your remark, no need for a bench to hide your valuables ... simple shopping bags do the trick ... solution tested by one of my friends living in a red light district for years ... he walks around all the time with a carriage bag in which he puts his laptop and his wallet ... never had a problem!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/10, 18:57

elephant wrote:50 kg? 35-40 at most, the car being announced 939 kg.
What difference have you measured?

A lame solution, because we very often need that we do not see the treasures hidden in the trunk ...

I did not measure but it is damn heavy it surprised me when dismantling ...

There it is tidy above a shelf, I shit so much to assemble it that I will not lower it just to weigh it ... :?

Maybe not 50 but it is certainly more than 40 kg ... (there is the whole bottom which is in fairly thick jail with fixing hooks and adjustment ramp). A real bastard I tell you : Cheesy:

I don't understand your second sentence : Cheesy: ah if i understand (thank you enzo20134) already i have nothing hidden in the trunk and then there was already more the cache for a while (0.2kg gained :D) ... then with or without the seats what difference?

Carrefour shopping bag :)

Otherwise quick relief without any modification:

a) we can also remove the spare tire (7-8 kg on the twingo, much more on some other models ...) and replace it with an anti-peeling pump ... but hey ... that's the security that we touch.

b) Always drive with max. 1/2 full is also a way to save a lot of kg (about 15) ... but that is only valid if you have a station on your daily route.

ps: there the twingo (petrol) is between 5 and 5.5L / 100 in the Ardennes (a lot of elevation therefore) in economical driving mode. The best we did was 4.5 I think ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 15/11/10, 19:21

Christophe wrote:a) we can also remove the spare tire (7-8 kg on the twingo, much more on some other models ...) and replace it with an anti-peeling pump ... but hey ... that's the security that we touch.

If you have control of the Maréchaussée, it seems to me that it is necessary to be able to present the spare wheel. On the other hand or can brush them by replacing the model at 25 Kg by that, even unsuitable, in plastic of certain models. They are there to see that there is a spare tire and not that it is the right one : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/11/10, 22:14

In almost 0,4 centuries of driving, nobody has ever checked the presence of my RS, even the technical control.
And in general, when I need it it’s only to find out that the tire is deflated : Cry:

On the other hand, I am an activist in the reflective vest: a man died 3/4 days ago in the Charleroi ring while wanting to go to rescue an accident victim.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 15/11/10, 22:31

elephant wrote:On the other hand, I am an activist in the reflective vest: a man died 3/4 days ago in the Charleroi ring while wanting to go to rescue an accident victim.

Very sad and so avoidable.

I would be so that all bikes are painted in reflective fluorescent like vests.
0 x
See you soon !
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/10, 22:45

Still HS but concerns the night visibility of bikers and police control.

The reflectors are no longer stuck original on new helmets sold in France, but they are mandatory in France.

So think about doing it otherwise the plum is quite salty € 130 I think. It is expensive the sticker not glued.

I like the unity of the tenth century elephant : Cheesy:
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 16/11/10, 00:54

Flytox wrote:If you have control of the Maréchaussée, it seems to me that it is necessary to be able to present the spare wheel.
Well no, my 3 cars (2 electric and one with LPG) in its lack, legally.
In Belgium, I heard that the spare tire was optional (while the fire extinguisher was mandatory), is this still true. :?:
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."