Recycling Aircraft

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
mariep31
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Recycling Aircraft

by mariep31 » 12/03/09, 19:04

Hello everyone and thank you in advance to those who will answer me ...

I wanted to know that it was the difference between the site of tarbes and that of chateauroux in terms of aircraft recycling? have they 2 all started their activity, or is it still experimental ???

there is a lot of info on the internet and a lot of sites contradict each other ...

I was told that Chateauroux was only dismantling, however, a number of articles claim that they also do recycling !!!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/03/09, 21:19

: Arrow: Hello mariep31 and welcome. :D

Do you have any links regarding this information. :?:
I don't know at all how it happens in France.
I heard that in the USA, recycling would be much more advanced because it concerns very large quantities of civil and military aircraft.
This has made it possible to develop economically profitable processes ...
0 x
mariep31
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mariep31 » 12/03/09, 22:35

hi citro and thanks for the welcome;)

strangely, I have never heard of aircraft recycling in the USA, on the contrary, they are singled out for their "aircraft cemeteries".
afterwards, I am not an expert in the matter (hence my coming to this site) and you could be right!

i believe that the aircraft recycling site (s) in france are unique and that it is a whole new "market", in full expansion.

for France, a site in Tarbes takes care of the dismantling and recycling of planes (PAMELA project of Airbus and Tarmac aerosave) and the airport of Chateauroux also dismantles (and as regards recycling, I don't know)
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/03/09, 22:45

: Arrow: Yes, their airplane cemeteries are known in the Nevada desert, I believe. This place is renowned for its very low humidity, which prevents oxidation.
This allows you to pick up used parts in good condition, as in a car breakage ...

However, the planes contain (contained) significant quantities of recyclable materials to recover.
It is not only alumminium, but all kinds of metals and alloys (berrylium, nickel, cadmium ...) of a certain value ...
Including gold, copper ... used in many electrical or electronic components.
0 x
mariep31
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mariep31 » 12/03/09, 22:52

Ah OK.

in this case the difference can be made in the way of doing.

unlike the USA I think, from dismantling to recycling, everything is done on the same site, in compliance with very strict environmental standards.
suddenly, may be less risk of trafficking in spare parts too.

this is probably all new;)
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/03/09, 23:08

: Arrow: Me, I find that the "traffic" of spare parts, it is also recycling ... And even, VERY environmentally friendly recycling.
8)

Practicing this kind of recycling for my vehicles and many other things gives me great satisfaction. In addition it is economical.
8)
0 x
vincent1606
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by vincent1606 » 13/03/09, 10:30

airplane cells are recycled into rims for cars (toyota would have invented a process)
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 13/03/09, 16:06

Hello

strangely, I have never heard of aircraft recycling in the USA, on the contrary, they are singled out for their "aircraft cemeteries".
afterwards, I am not an expert in the matter (hence my coming to this site) and you could be right

Sometimes I find it strange that certain reports available in French are not broadcast on TV5? Journalists show you what they want and often what people want to hear. On private channels sometimes reports are more interesting than government channels. They don't have to boost national pride.
Example rarely we hear in the media what is happening in Sweden or Finland, why?

It's amazing that you haven't seen the report on airplane recycling in the USA he spent a few months ago on TV in French.
the majority of the civil airliners it is decarassed with large equipment, first rid of the reactors, then the seats and materials of insulation, electrical wiring and the structure and they discharge a plane in complete in one day.

the aluminum of the 2024 T3 is melted in ingot, the engine parts in special steel alloy as well as the landing gear steel 4130 and send to the steelworks.
Do not forget that the 2024 T3 or 7075 T6 aluminum alloy costs 4 times the price of the standard aluminum.
The old line oats are condemned because of their consumption and they have limit cycles of pressurization and depressurization which weakens the structure of the fuselage.

Andre
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 13/03/09, 18:25

: Mrgreen: thank you André. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 13/03/09, 19:22

hello citro
citro wrote:: arrow: Me, I find that the "traffic" of spare parts is also recycling ... And even VERY environmentally friendly recycling.
8)

The word "traffic" may not be appropriate in France, but in some countries, it's a bit shivering ....

The recovery of many more or less exotic and excellent quality metals ... Super! Finally .... there are also Uranium counterweights in the wings for example .... you have to know what you are recovering ....: Evil:

For the recovery of parts as parts to be rolled over to another zinc ... Attention:

For a large majority of complex and / or safety "essential" parts, there are limit lives ... and recovering and reassembling them without having access to this limit life information ... is transforming a zing into flying coffin .... : Shock: : Evil:

In aviation and in terms of maintenance services, they have learned to interchange a certain number of parts for a long time to limit costs, there are not only cons, and usually the planes that we send to breakages are an ugly pile of pieces at the end of potential.
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132