Scraps for recycling through suction tunnels?

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
mattgogo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Scraps for recycling through suction tunnels?

by mattgogo » 27/02/09, 13:16

a new concept for disposing of waste in an underground pipe network. no more need for garbage trucks. unfortunately there are high costs in energy and in euros.

But I find it super interesting and I would like to have such a system for collecting waste.

With such a system, it would be possible to sort the waste for easier recycling. A fall for plastic; one for glass and so on.

So easy, there would be no excuse for not recycling!

More informations:
http://www.developpementdurable.com/technologie/2009/02/A1001/la-collecte-des-dechets-par-aspiration-pneumatique-arrive-a-paris.html
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 27/02/09, 13:36

I thought it was more developed than that in the Nordic country.

In Paris, it's cooked the basement is already saturated with pipes.

It's good for new neighborhoods created with intelligence.

But frankly the person will always sort through three bins and will empty them at the terminal at 50 m, instead of taking them down to the trash room. Do you believe it ? Especially if the cost will be even more expensive than normal collection ...

Imagine: a blocked pipe and blockage of the collection. People put in the trash next door ...

The noise of these aspirations, what does it give? I fear...

A station 1,8 km away. This means a station for an area of ​​3,5 km.
That is to say a household waste station in each district ...
There, I am even more skeptical ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/02/09, 14:17

Frankly it smells like green pipo this thing of pneumatic tunnels ... more selective sorting and recycling are not synonymous .... I mean that sorting, if it facilitates recycling, does not guarantee it !!

When you know the price of pneumatic energy (not to mention the investment), this thing is, in my opinion, never econologically profitable ... On the other hand once again it "does well for articles in the newspapers". ..

In the Netherlands, there are common bins per district (around 1 every 200 - 300?) As has already been the case in France for decades for glass. I think it's the best compromise between investment cost and efficiency!

The difference is that it concerns all the waste (3 or 4 trash cans per site) including composting and that they are largely buried in the pavement.

To empty them, a special truck lifts everything, I think, and either swaps the container or empties it into a sort of dump truck.

I saw an equivalent system on certain motorway stations in France (but without sorting ... obviously!). So we master technology ...
Last edited by Christophe the 27 / 02 / 09, 14: 29, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/02/09, 14:25

Ah Ah Ah, look at what I found while looking for a photo of these neighborhood bins:

Whoever finds what it is wins an internet cultural trip on waste management in Holland!
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 27/02/09, 16:10

: Lol: Easy.

It's not for a coin highway toll.

It's a trash can. So people can swing from their cars, their papers, a pack of cigarettes or cans.

It's good, but you have to be careful anyway.
I can see those who will try to make baskets without rolling away, and who will not come back to pick up the waste that missed its target ...

All formats:
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blikvanger
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/02/09, 20:37

Mwarf I'm sure you cheated! I should have blurred the "name" ... : Mrgreen:

It is not for motorists but for cyclists.

It is a cycle path that we see on the photo (like that of Strasbourg). Nothing to do with the Parisian "cycle lanes": it is a special way for bicycles.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

conveyor belt system

by oli 80 » 27/02/09, 22:02

good evening, with us in moselle in the mining basin, we have a system that allowed to move sand or rubble by band, these are big rubber bands which are actuated by motors it looks like mini tunnels, this same system is used to lift the coal from the bottom towards the day on a certain inclination, this system could be used to convey the waste to the factories, this system of bands is also used in the agricultural field, to convey the grains of wheat or corn from the silo to the mill factory
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"