Green gold in old tires

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
RolCopter
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Green gold in old tires

by RolCopter » 13/03/08, 21:32

Bonsoir

Green gold in old tires

By Philippe Doucet from Figaro.fr

Faced with the great French bazaar of bioethanol, the United States offers to produce it from old tires!

Thunderbolt in the Landerneau of alternative energies. Coskata, an American start-up, offers to produce bioethanol for € 0,20 per liter ... from old tires or other urban and industrial waste! This would represent, according to Bill Coe, its president "about half the cost of producing gasoline in the United States." Its secret seems to be a good mastery of biofermentation, the second step, after gasification, in the process of producing green fuel.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/automobile/2008/ ... -pneus.php
0 x
Less consumption is good
Less pollution is already a great result
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/03/08, 22:50

To make synthetic fuel from tires I would like to, but to call it BIOFUEL ispure and simple escrology towards the consumer !!

Synthetic fuel ok ... but please stop putting BIO everywhere ...
0 x
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 13/03/08, 23:23

Semantically, if there is fermentation, it is biological.

Like everything that directly or indirectly concerns living cells.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/03/08, 23:39

Semantically petroleum comes from decomposed living organisms so it is also a biofuel ... we can go far like that ...
0 x
FRANCK (49)
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FRANCK (49) » 13/03/08, 23:53

he was talking about that to the info this evening at 20 p.m .: making oil from used tires.

from what I learned: shredding of the tires then they pass them in a microwave oven, they obtain a gas which condenses becomes gasoline, they also collect gas, and coal which will be used for printing.

it's not organic it's recycling. in fact it is a gasification I think. synthetic fuel much like the Germans did during the war with their gasification of coal.
0 x
FRANCK (49)
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FRANCK (49) » 14/03/08, 00:02

the link I just found.
http://videos.tf1.fr/video/emissions/0, ... -20h-.html

just after the little pub.
0 x
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 14/03/08, 07:32

Precisely, I mean that linking "organic" to "ecological" does not make sense.

Just like linking "chemical" to "pollutant".
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 14/03/08, 08:48

Franck 49: the process you describe does not seem to be the same

that said, bravo to the bacteria: rubber tires are not very good.

the idea is good, but you have to put it in perspective: what does a car consume over its life 5 to 10 sets of tires? so 60 to 400 kilos of base material. In my opinion it is an elegant solution to the problems of old tires, but not yet to the problems of CO2
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/03/08, 09:06

Arthur_64 wrote:Precisely, I mean that linking "organic" to "ecological" does not make sense.

Toutafé and the reverse is also true ... yet BIO and ECO are all the "marketing" fashion at the moment.
Well, I don't know if you saw my rant about the cars otherwise it's over there: https://www.econologie.com/forums/moratoire- ... t4760.html

Arthur_64 wrote:Just like linking "chemical" to "pollutant".

Exact, moreover, life, so bio is chemistry! :)

Otherwise I think that there is absolutely nothing new on the principle of this idea of ​​recycling: as long as there is carbon we can make synthetic fuel with it. As you said: we have been doing this for decades.

The essential question (bad pun) is: what is the overall energy and environmental balance?

At the recycling level, the other fillières risk to pull the mouth ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/03/08, 09:33

elephant wrote:In my opinion it is an elegant solution to the problems of old tires, but not yet to the problems of CO2

At the CO2 level, it is even worse than nothing, since the tires were "sequestered" petroleum CO2 ... exactly like plastics.

But as I said yesterday: we must not limit ourselves to CO2, it is too easy and limiting ...
https://www.econologie.com/forums/le-dossier ... t4996.html
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"