Collection of fluorescent and special lamps used by Récylum

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Christophe

Collection of fluorescent and special lamps used by Récylum

by Christophe » 03/09/07, 17:05

Récylum, the body responsible for collecting and recycling lamps, provides users with a geolocation system in order to identify the collection point closest to you:

http://www.recylum.com/quefaire/
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/11/07, 23:43

recycle the lamps is good but the best would be not to throw them for nothing

so-called energy saving or compact fluorescent lamps are the juxtaposition of a fluorescent tube and an electronic ballast

the electronic ballast burns out when it wants and we throw out lamps including the tube and good

when you have a good electronic ballast and no overvoltage the same ballast could use several tubes

therefore the compact fluorescent lamps will not be ecological as long as these 2 elements are not interchangeable: like the 1.2m or 0.6m fluorescent tubes

the ancestor of the compact fluorescent lamps was the dulux lamps which was very interchangeable
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/11/07, 23:49

chatelot16 wrote:the ancestor of the compact fluorescent lamps was the dulux lamps which was very interchangeable

The G ** models you mean?

It still exists but is becoming quite rare and their actual consumption is different from that given: https://www.econologie.com/forums/consommati ... t2125.html

For your comment, I think, it is especially necessary to buy quality fluorescent bulbs... bulbs of the style of those proposed by ikea or discounter them (in the 2 cases we find for 4-5 € pack of 2 or 3 bulbs) snecessarily have lower quality than brand bulbs (phillips, megaman, osram ...) sold at least 8 € for the "basic" models!

The only bulb we burnt out was a € 1.99 bulb, bought precisely to "see" ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/11/07, 00:19

merci pour le lien

the G23 I had only seen them in the catalog: and I understand why they disappeared: the starter is integrated in the lamp which prohibits electronic ballasts with fast start-up

I see the problem to make interchangeable tubes: how to avoid bad mixing between tubes and ballast more or less compatible

I repeat that it is always anti-ecological to mix several elements that age differently without disassembly or repair possible

buy big brand products: I'm sure it is more expensive but nothing proves that it is better: for me as long as it is not removable and repairable it is bad and I only buy the least expensive and only if I cannot do otherwise ...
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 13/11/07, 09:27

Megaman also offers "cluster" models with removable tubes.

http://www.megaman.de/downloads/clusterlite16seiter.pdf

But it's not really the "general" public in terms of power: 56W minimum ...
0 x