Pollution: burnt tires in the open air

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
chrisandchris
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pollution: burnt tires in the open air

by chrisandchris » 27/07/07, 13:08

Hello,
can you confirm if the mayor of a municipality can give permission to an individual to burn tires in the open field near homes (about 300 m)?
As a private individual what do we have as a remedy against this practice?
Thank you for your advice
0 x
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by goodeco » 27/07/07, 14:27

Hello chrisandchris

it seems to me that it is prohibited according to this : Arrowd:

Decree No. 2002-1563 of December 24, 2002, relating to the disposal of used tires

Article 4 of the decree of December 24, 2002
After collection, operations to dispose of used tires, with the exception of their reuse, their use for public works, backfilling, civil engineering and silage, must be carried out in installations operated in accordance with provisions of Title I of Book V of the Environment Code or in any other recovery or disposal facility authorized for this purpose in another Member State of the European Community, since the cross-border transfer of used tires has carried out in compliance with the provisions of the above-mentioned regulation of February 1, 1993

And for the people who do it (individual or professional) this : Arrowd:

Article 1 of the decree of December 24, 2002
It is prohibited to abandon, deposit in the natural environment or burn tires in the open air.
The disposal operations for used tires are governed by the provisions of this decree, with the exception of those concerning tires fitted or having fitted the cycles and mopeds defined in article R. 311-1 of the highway code.

source: http://aida.ineris.fr/textes/decrets/text2218.htm

It is a decree published in the official journal
29 of December 2002
0 x
In eternal learning
chrisandchris
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

burnt tires

by chrisandchris » 27/07/07, 14:42

thank you for your answer, I think I will publish this info in the town in order to stop this practice definitively (2nd fire in 2 months) the 1st a wild tire fire, the 2nd fire in the open air near homes and especially with the authorization of the Mayor ...
If you have advice for a remedy do not hesitate; thank you
0 x
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: burnt tires

by goodeco » 30/07/07, 09:19

chrisandchris wrote:thank you for your answer, I think I will publish this info in the town in order to stop this practice definitively (2nd fire in 2 months) the 1st a wild tire fire, the 2nd fire in the open air near homes and especially with the authorization of the Mayor ...

Very good : Idea: to publish the info, but in my opinion it is also necessary to speak to the mayor, especially if you live in rural areas the mayor does not know everything.

chrisandchris wrote:If you have advice for a remedy do not hesitate; thank you

Information is the best recourse, if it starts again go to the police or the gendarmes already for advice.
0 x
In eternal learning
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 03/08/07, 08:58

What to do in this specific case (and if it is really the mayor of this town who authorized the burning of these tires) is quite simply to seize the Administrative Court of your region with immediate procedure! , by mail with AR! : Idea:(especially do not forget the acknowledgment of receipt : Shock:)
0 x
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by goodeco » 03/08/07, 10:33

Wouldn't it be too virulent as an answer, especially if it's in a small town.
:?
The mayor does not necessarily know all the laws and directives to be applied.
0 x
In eternal learning
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 03/08/07, 11:39

A word of advice: accompany the letter with a few "witness" photos.

ps: goodeco are you serious there? The mayor is not supposed to be the closest representative of the people so set an example? Ok he may not know the law prohibiting this but he must know that it is not really good for the environment to do it. If that happens, the collection of burnt tires has also been "subsidized" ...
0 x
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by goodeco » 03/08/07, 13:38

Christine wrote:ps: goodeco are you serious there? The mayor is not supposed to be the closest representative of the people so set an example? Ok he may not know the law prohibiting this but he must know that it is not really good for the environment to do it. If that happens, the collection of burnt tires has also been "subsidized" ...

Image not the head Christine

I am only raising the problem of the size of the municipality and the possibilities of the mayor and the response to be given.
Now if every time you see a problem in your municipality and the only answer is in court, you risk not having a mayor.

We must not forget that no one is supposed to ignore the law, and we are going to the American system where they are suing for nothing and for anyone.

Yes you are entirely right Christine on the fact that given his authorization to burn tires
is not good at all for the environment, and i will add also for those who breathes smoking.
The I admit that the mayor does not have 2 neurons.

As for subsidies, I did not know that the town halls could be affected.
on the other hand, I know that lafarge style businesses are recognized as being of public utility and receive subsidies for burning tires and animal meal.

ps: if it's you (Christine), you pack very very well (I'm talking about a package from the shop, Image not the head Christophe)
0 x
In eternal learning
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/08/07, 17:11

You are her!

A prioro it is not the town halls which receive subsidies but the companies which collect the tires ... to compensate precisely the costs of recycling.

But it would not be the first diversion of eco-subsidy and surely the last, there are scoundrels everywhere ... : Evil:

Now you have to see how much is burned, it can be anecdotal, in any case I advise to contact the Ademe or Drire of the region ... before going to court ... they will know what to do :)
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"