1ere cars valuation dismantling recycling plant

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Christophe

1ere cars valuation dismantling recycling plant

by Christophe » 14/02/07, 13:35

Broadcast on France2 at midday news, the very first recovery plant for end-of-life vehicles was opened in France.

What does this show? A strong desire to develop recycling ... but also that the (commercial) "80% recyclable vehicle" aspect of car manufacturers was until now a vast farce?
Last edited by Christophe the 13 / 02 / 15, 12: 35, 2 edited once.
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 14/02/07, 16:31

Certainly, but from what I have heard, they are already doing a part of it (only) in the breakages: obligatory depollution, and dismantling if they want to, but it stops there.: Evil:
Where I find it interesting is that they do it with household electrical products that are often left out (same as electronics until recently). It is a way of generalizing the thing on waste on a larger scale.
But finally when we count the number of cars (~ 1 ton including a lot of metal) and the number of dishwashers (50Kg?) It is difficult to estimate which is the largest producer of waste. Anyone have an idea?
0 x
fabrice08
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fabrice08 » 14/02/07, 21:27

I have just read in a local daily that this factory is run and employed by MATRA alumni. In addition to the ecological side of the business, there is at least a recovery of unemployed people ... : Cheesy:
However, I will not talk about the big groups that are behind ... : Evil:
0 x
Whoever does not respect nature does not respect the man he is.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 15/02/07, 08:50

For my part, I try to consume as little as possible.
This avoids recycling ...
I keep my cars and go to the scrap yard to stock up on reusable parts.
I only buy used vehicles that I make last.

and then I try to fix it before I throw it away.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/02/07, 11:35

fabrice08 wrote:I have just read in a local daily that this factory is run and employed by MATRA alumni. In addition to the ecological side of the business, there is at least a recovery of unemployed people ... : Cheesy:
However, I will not talk about the big groups that are behind ... : Evil:

Well, as a large recycling plant, it's a big deal thanks to big subsidies ...

I was still a little "surprised" by the factory equipment ... the same level as an assembly line ...

But hey if it's good for the environment, you should not spit in the soup all the time ...
0 x
fabrice08
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fabrice08 » 15/02/07, 19:54

In the article, he also talked about the return to service of parts by the used industry.
As Christophe says, we're not going to spit in the soup.
I would also say that it is better that they put the money they have in this kind of economic-ecological initiative rather than investing in another resource to make profit without worrying about the environment.
0 x
Whoever does not respect nature does not respect the man he is.
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re:

by moinsdewatt » 16/05/16, 14:01

An interesting article in Challenges on car recycling (ELV) in France.

http://www.challenges.fr/entreprise/ind ... -l-or.html

excerpt:
140 euros per car

On average, the extracted and recycled materials bring in per car… 140 euros. It is not El Dorado, but it is enough to balance the industry. Provided, of course, that the prices of raw materials are maintained. And on this side, it's more of a disaster. "The selling price of carcasses, which varies according to the price of E40 (steel) collapsed between January 2015 and October 2015. It has indeed fallen from € 185 per tonne to € 40 per tonne! ", acknowledges Loïc Bey-Rozet, Managing Director of Indra Automobile Recycling. For copper, the fall was even faster, since in one year, its price fell by… 35%!

In 2012, a study by Deloitte, commissioned by Ademe, had shown that all of the centers were just in balance. But, with the fall in prices, accounts have fallen into the red for most recyclers.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: 1ere recycling plant disassembly valuation of cars

by Ahmed » 16/05/16, 20:21

Fabrice08, you write:
I would also say that it is better for them to put the money they have in this kind of economic-ecological initiative than to invest in another resource to make a profit without worrying about the environment.

It is to consider things by the small end of the telescope! Any initiative which, like this one, aims to compensate for previous or consecutive damage, may seem laudable, it is however inseparable from the whole destructive process (since it pursues fundamentally the same objectives) and aims only at the perpetuate by erasing an overly visible defect.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 16/05/16, 21:05

scrap yards have always done what! they have always recycled

they even recycled better a few decades ago when they had large parks full of all the car models that we could need: pseudo ecological legislative constraints have harmed them so a large number of breakages have closed or reduced their surface which drives up prices for those who stay

I saw on the 13 (chain of the parliament) a few weeks ago a new law to oblige the garage owner to offer second-hand parts for repair ... except that practically for 20 years we have obliged the good garage owner were stocking wrecks behind their garave to recover parts to get rid of in the name of the environment

in the name of the very stupid environment ... what is stupid is waste ... when we store to use we avoid waste ... it is when we throw to destroy that we waste

but it's always the same story, the politicard make decisions full of goodwill but with their lack of competence the good intension do bad actions
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/05/16, 21:35

except that practically for 20 years we have forced good mechanics who store wrecks behind their garage to recover parts to get rid of them in the name of the environment.
... in the name of the stupid environment ... what is stupid is waste ... when we store to use we avoid waste ... it is when we throw to destroy that we waste.
But it's always the same story, politicians make decisions full of goodwill, but with their lack of competence, good intentions do bad actions

The environment is the least of the worries of the "politicos" and it is not their incompetence that is the cause. The "fight against waste" or "protection of the environment" are simple screens intended to sow confusion in the minds of the public and to hide the real purposes which are the promotion of double growth: that of GNP and that of , correlative, of the destruction of the conditions allowing life on earth (of course, the latter is not consciously sought).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"